1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Revenge of the Sith *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Register, May 16, 2005.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

So, who are going to see it? And when?

Since this is my own bragging topic, ;) , I can just say I am going to see it on Thursday, 00:03, which means that I will be seeing it 6 hours before all you naughty Canadians and Americans.

Don't worry, I promise, I will spoil all the best parts of it.

[ May 23, 2005, 12:59: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    This should be moved to the Sensorium...And you should be banned for attempting to spoil the movie. :p

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I probably won't waste my money or my time waiting in the lines...so I *might* see it once it comes out on DVD.

Sir B...everyone already knows what will happen, as this is the last movie that is supposed to "fill in the gap" leading up to the original 3 Star Wars movies: the Jedi get their a$$es kicked and the Imperial Army takes over the galaxy. :rolleyes:

If I do go see it, it will be to see if Natalie Portman shows any skin. :love: :rolling:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't wait. But I will wait a little bit and probably see it sometime in the first week, rather than on the first night like I did for the Lord of the Rings movies.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Going to see it this Saturday or Sunday :)

*bounces*

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Oops. Rarely post on this forum anymore, forgot about the sensorium part.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I wish I had seen the trailer. :tie:

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Eh, plan is I'll be seeing it with some friends on friday night. Should be good fun. Finally, a movie where the jedi get their asses handed to them.
    :borg:

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Just read a review that says it sucks ... but meh. I attempt to disbelieve!

10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    For every one review I've read that said it sucked, I've read a dozen that say it's great!

I find your lack of faith...Disturbing. :tie: :p

11. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@ Kitrax
    Won't "Closer" be a better bet then? If you want skin, go with the prostitute, not the queen/senator :D

I'll probably see it after the weekend when the worst hype is over. Besides, weekends seem to be reserved for couples and I simply hate sitting next to a couple in the movies because of all the yammering...

I don't care that much for the films. The old ones (and "The Phantom Menace") are downright silly but "Revenge of the Sith" has the potential to be less silly/cute and more entertaining.

Oh, and does anyone else feel that Vader's suit should be modernized in some way? It's just a bit too 70's for my taste (and ol' George doesn't seem to have any problems with that kind of tinkering).

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Blasphemy! Go and think over your words in the corner of shame! :mad:

13. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ joacqin:

Regarding what? The couples-remark, my view of the films, or the suit - or just the whole d*** thing :D

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I would imagine that he is talking about your comments regarding the suit. It may be nearly 30 years old now but it is still the epitome of cool. :cool:

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I'm guessing the whole D@^# thing! Lucas was a visionary. None of the sci-fi or fantasy films that came after Star Wars could have been had Lucas not blazed the trail! :p :tie: :lol: ;)

16. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

@ JSBB:
    Your track record on various b-films in the Quote Game disqualifies you when it comes to cool/uncool :D

@ Sir Belisarius:
    Sure, technically the films were ground breaking - and laid the foundation for modern S.E. (or so I'm told). But the narrative devices that Lucas uses aren't original by a long shot (but they probably aren't meant to be anyway).

17. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Bah. He should have kept the '70s feel for all three prequels. I mean, really; look at that huge fsking grey CGI alien that chats with Anakin/Obi-wan in the "Classic American Diner in Space", and then look at the Cantina scene from A New Hope. Which looks cooler? Yep, the aliens that aren't modern CGI.

18. Harbourboy

Excellent point :)

Anyway, the suit rocks.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Er - how would they modernise it? What, they're going to have Darth rock up in a flash 21st century suit and then get zapped back to the 70's in 20 years...?

That would be absolutely retarded.

Modernising sucks.

20. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

Modernizing doesn't necesarilly mean CGI. Actually I think that the new films, especially "Attack of the Clones", drown in CGI. I simply mean that the suit could use a new design - it wouldn't be Vader's suit, but still it would be Vader's suit, it would be both the old and a new suit :hmm:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.