1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Revenge of the Sith...PG-13?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sir Belisarius, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] WhooHooo!!!! KIng George is saying the last installment of the Star Wars saga is too strong for PG!!! I am sooooo excited about this one!!!

Check it out!!!!

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

yeah, more boobs and blood ;) :p

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Or they only want to watch people above a certain age cry.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    PG-13 huh? Does that mean that there will be nude scene with Natalie Portman? :D

5. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Kind of ironic, given that the PG-13 rating was originally created just for another Lucas movie.

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Which one, Temple of Doom?

7. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

That's the one.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

wow, you pick up lotsa trivia from these boards ;) :p

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Woah, I had no idea that this was coming out this year! It'll probably be an awful movie, but oh well. It's just too much pressure to jam into one film.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow, reepnorp. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to have avoided knowing that this film was about to come out. Especially as your presence on these Boards shows that you are not isolated from the normal information and news sources on popular culture.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] The theatrical trailer is out and so is Lucas' acceptance that this one may not get PG rating. It's up to the MPAA rating folks now. The shiznizzle that is known as the trailer is officially up on the net now. It completely uses music from ESB and the Emperor's Throne room in ROTJ, and if that alone doesn't testify to the darkness and dark side severity of this installment, then maybe the awesome look will. I love the visual connections to the originals, the Tantive IV, dirty trooper armor, the design of the fighters and capital ships. It's going to be a smoother visual/effects transition than thought becaue Episode III is going to show every pretty and pristine thing from the prequels getting blasted into a million pieces, sent to the spice mines of Kessel, and getting smashed into who knows what!

Oh yeah! :tie:

It's not just Darth Vader who's back. The Emperor's going to tide some people over until old DV gets in the suit, and hot #@## it looks like he's doing a great job of it. Throwing Senate Pods at Yoda during a knockdown duel with him, oh yeah. Great use of set pieces for action scenes and some great symbolism of themes I'm sure. That's what I love about SW action, there's almost always a deeper meaning. I mean when you're dealing with a mystical idea such as the Force, and the philosophy and morals that are tied into it, how can there not be?

I know TPM and AOTC aren't for everybody, and no matter how awesome RotS is going to be, if you want to hate it for whatever reasons or personal agendas against Lucas and the way he makes movies/does business, you'll no doubt find a reason, no matter how silly it actually sounds to dislike the movie. But I think the past two prequels have built up to RotS near flawlessly and it is becoming more and more evident that Lucas knew where he was going and what RotS would be like maybe even better than he knew what AotC was going to be like when he started drafting the prequels. The only part, the only two actual flaws I can find with the prequels that actually have some merit are too much Jar Jar silliness in TPM and the usage of Dooku in AotC. I'm not saying that Jar Jar should have been cut out of TPM, but I do realize there are about 3 Jar Jar moments in TPM that are a little too much, and would have been better edited out (i.e. stepping in animal droppings on Tatooine, sticking his tongue out at Qui-Gon, and reacting to the eopie fart.) Other than that, I have no problems with Jar Jar, and these few moments that tally less than 10 seconds of TPM by no way overshadow the many accomplishments and greatness and pure ingenuity that is TPM. I have found no other argument of any merit that puts down TPM when viewed in the same light as any of the other SW movies (ie you can chat bad acting, but then you'd have to say the same for the originals) And with AotC, the only flaw that I can find, is being a little too much on the complicated side, especially with how the character of Dooku was introduced and talked about before even seeing him and whatnot. Really, I can't make my final decision on Dooku until I see how he is used in RotS. And in the trailer, if you catch it, you can see Dooku dueling Anakin, while Palpatine is being held hostage, strapped to a chair (which ironically looks much like his throne in RotJ). So that is good news. And in defense of AotC, it is purposely on the complicated side to somewhat mirror the confusion that the Jedi are feeling. You can dig up my old posts on AotC for more elaboration.

So yeah, all those people who hated the Neomidians and thought they were lame bad guys (despite the fact that they got Maul in that very same film), need not complain any longer. Lucas has made good use of his neccessary storytelling resources, and the Nemodians' time is up as the trailer shows, and Anakin's going to carve their cowardly tails to pieces. That's what I'm talking about knocking down so many birds with one stone, I lost count. Mace and his Jedi posse are awesome too.

The troopers turning on the Jedi, and the Emperor's declaration outlawing Jedi is shaping up to be better than imagined. We all knew it was coming, but this is greater than what any fanboy could dream.

May 19 baby! May 19! In the meantime, we have five awesome Star Wars movies to tide us over. This is it. And it's going to be awesome. The two trailers give us no reason to doubt that.

Goodbye Padme. Goodbye Jedi Temple. Hello complete and utter destruction. Hello to the tyrannical Empire gutting the Old Republic and perversing it into a machine of terror. It's time for Yoda and Obi-Wan to pack their bags. It's time for the galaxy's last hope to be born.

:tie: It's time for Revenge of the Sith! :tie:

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

May the Force be with us.

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Big B - I really, really wish I could share your enthusiasm and optimism, but I think for this one I shall go in expecting nothing, so that being disappointed is impossible, and if it's good then all the better.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i actually didn't like the trailer i saw very much. most of it was just taken from the 1st 2 movies :/

15. Lawless Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I only pray fr a film better than episode 1 and 2. Please Mr Lucas i hope you've done your job better than episode 1. Episode 2 wasnt too bad.

16. Harbourboy

I can't wait. All 5 other Star Wars movies rocked. No reason to think this one won't as well. All of you who pick holes in these movies but then go and say what a classic "Blade" is, are just being silly. Stop being so fussy.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Yeah, but Blade sucked :p

(in a totally different way to how the prequels sucked, mind you)

18. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I, myself, have loved each and every Star Wars movie to date -- and that's including the Special Edition Original Trilogy in addition to the Original Originals. Revenge of the Sith will, in my opinion, be the best of them all. Even better than A New Hope. In fact, I fully expect Revenge to be easily one of the best movies I've ever seen of *any* genre -- and I've seen the Godfather trilogy, mind you.

And for those of you who thinked the prequels sucked: You try making a better series of prequels for the Original Trilogy. Go on. Try. And saying "it would've been better to have no prequels at all" doesn't count, because that is a brazen lie and you know it. Back me up, Prequel fans.

19. SpFiota Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

"And for those of you who thinked the prequels sucked: You try making a better series of prequels for the Original Trilogy."

That's like saying I shouldn't complain when my Pinto goes up in flames after getting rear ended by some kid on a trike because I'm not an automotive engineer. Or I shouldn't have a political opinion because I've never been president. It's not my job to make movies. I'm not a director, thankyouverymuch. George Lucas, however, supposedly is.

My gripe with the prequels goes beyond the slaps to the face that are Jar Jar and Mitochlorians (which utterly spoil the majesty that was the Force) Maybe it's the taint of nostalgia, or maybe I just had simpler tastes back then, I don't really know.

For their time the originals had mind-bogglingly amazing special effects, the story was rich and the characters had depth to them. Sure the lightsaber duels were nifty, but there was so much more to it than that. The prequels seem empty in comparison -- to me at any rate. The effects are absolutely gorgeous, but they take center stage. Where's the story? What happened to the memorable characters?

Don't get me wrong, the prequels have their moments (who can forget Yoda chastising Obi for losing a planet?), but those moments are few and far between.

20. Harbourboy

The prequels ruled. I loved both of them. Not sure how you can criticise the charaters. Padme / Amidala is no more or less a deep character than Princess Leia was (both are bit flimsy in my opinion, but I don't care). You can't really say that Luke was a highly developed character either, but that doesn't get in the way of what are fantastic movies.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.