1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Return to ALFA (A Land Far Away)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Sir Belisarius, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hello all. I had the good fortune of logging in to ALFA's Daggerdale server last night. It's been a long time since I've played, and I was looking forward to it!

Wow! I missed it! It was great to get back into playing real DnD on a multiplayer server! It seems like a lot of the old folks from the beginning are slowly coming back to the project - which is a great thing! I'm looking forward to playing again.

Has anyone on SP been playing on ALFA? At one time we had 15-20 players. How many are still playing? Does anyone that hasn't played in ALFA have an interest in learning more? If so, post here and let me know.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Welcome back, as I have already said on the ALFA forum ;)

I think there are still about 5 or so of us around. I know Frosty, Deathmage, Fade, muumli (I think), Zweans, me and... others.

3. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    That's not too bad!!! We should recruit more folks here!

4. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, I am an alfa with a current lack of time to play, though I haven't given up on my char and plan to come online again once I can free enough time to make it worthwile (meaning I can stay on for several hours straight). I hope this will be soon but I fear it won't happen before February. :(

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I am going to buy NWN soon enough, and of course join ALFA, but I wonder: which expansions are need or supported?

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    They are all supported, and IIRC, you need them all to play. There is also a large hakpak to download...Or you can have a cd sent to you.

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'll be ALFAing again... sometime. It depends if I can find the time again :(

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Time is always the issue...I'm in the middle of packing, looking for a new house, and moving...and I start a new job on top of it!

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Rem is back!! :grin:

I havent been playing it for about half a year now. Dont really know why, but i dont think i'm suited to be a DM. I guess i'll try again before i decide finaly what to do. On times it's way more fun than being a player, though :)

Just finished trying out World of Warcraft open beta. It's a cool game, but the folks are so much below the ALFA people, it's astounding. There's also little rp,... well, ALFA's better.

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

It's hard finding anything better than ALFA ;)

11. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Sex qualifies.

Barely

12. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You'll need both SoU and HotU to play ALFA, and on top of that there is a large selection of hakpaks that you'll need to download for the custom stuff. When I say large, I'm not kidding, be ready to set aside a weekend for downloading depending on your connection. On top of that there are some optional Portrait packs and music files - which I've been told have some seriously decent music in them, but I've yet to find out myself.

Joining process for ALFA is either via application or evaluation. I've never been evaluated, and I think I can safely say the majority of SP-ALFAn's took the application to get in, since Evaluations only been round the past half a year or so - couldn't say which is better.

13. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I came in through evaluation and it was fun, but I was lucky to be one of the testbunnies that took the evaluation during the nwcon where the oas was first introduced. I hear that now one play session is not enough to get you in.

14. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Heh, sorry to drag this up a few posts (Dates are oldish but its not even half way down page one).

I'm still at ALFA. Indeed you might say an alfa convert. I use the name Cast No Shadow over there anyway, if any of you see me. I DM on North Cromyr and Arabel most days of the week, and play up at The Silver Marshes. Its a blast. Still notice the odd SP name about though. Say hi if ya see me :)

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Mr Writer = CNS?! :eek:
    Wow! I never knew that!

16. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Learn something new every day eh, Rotku?

17. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    CNS taught me how to run. Fsking nymph + brown bear combo.

*sniff* Good times, those were.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Maybe I'll give ot a try in the next month. Would need to re-apply though.

Anyone knows wether the german version is compatible with international, that is US, multiplayer?

19. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I assume so, since there're maybe two score servers with German names visible to me via the connection screen, so...

*shrug*

20. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yes, it works. I tried the OA-Server some three weeks ago.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.