1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Request: IWDEE Config.exe

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition' started by gibberishh, May 3, 2022.

1. gibberishh Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Hey all. I have IWDEE v1.3.2058 installed. It has HoW and TotL. It came with a config.exe that sets graphics options, memory options, and keyboard shortcuts. However, it does not have an option to enable/disable Heart of Fury.

I've read internet chatter about people having this option (I have it in IWD2 config, not in IWDEE). Could someone upload their Config.exe somewhere for me to download? Even if it's from a different EE version (e.g., 1.4.0), that's fine.

I will also require the associated language.ini, in case the HoF checkbox is populated using that file.

Coz I've figured out how to toggle HoF in baldur.ini, but I don't know what other config options I'm missing out on! Much thanks.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can't help, I've only got the original, and the HOF mode checkbox is easy to spot below the left most slider. Are you sure it's not there on the remake?
    [​IMG]

3. gibberishh Gems: 13/31

Media:
    I am convinced it IS there on the remake, which is why I need someone to upload it. It is not there on MY version.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    In IWD:EE, you can simply enable HoF mode in the game itself. No need for an external config tool.

5. gibberishh Gems: 13/31

Media:
    True and thanks. As I said in the original post, I have figured out how to enable HoF. Okay, I did it by editing baldur.ini instead of using the UI coz I was being stupid (found it now), but I was still able to enable it.

I'm looking for the config tool to see what other config options I might be missing out on. Probably not much, but no harm asking, right? [The screenshot posted by SlickRCBD looks exactly like my IWD2 configuration tool.] Maybe the (latest?) IWDEE config will also be useful to some others? I can't believe I'm the only player who's got this one unique instance of the config utility.

Either way, thanks for leading me up the right path.

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That's a screenshot of my IWD1 configuration tool, the IWD2 one looks almost identical, but not quite.
    BTW, there are some undocumented features in the .ini for IWD2, including options to change the default number of stats you get and what the point pool is.
    I don't remember there being much if any undocumented stuff in IWD1 that wasn't in the in-game UI or the config program, but it's been ages since I've even looked at the file. Long before the EE was released. Here's a complete set of screenshots:
    https://sorcerers.net/community/media/albums/iwdconfig.366/

EDIT:Here's the Config.exe
    https://sorcerers.net/community/resources/iwd1-config-exe-original-not-ee.147/

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've approved the file for now, but since it doesn't really have usage beyond what gibberishh wants to check, it doesn't really belong in the resource vault so I'll delete it later on. Better use e-mail or some file upload service in such instances in the future.

8. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    There's a good chance it won't work for @gibberishh either, since he's using the remake and I uploaded the original. Somebody else should upload the one from the Enhanced Edition.
    This file has more or less been on the computer I grabbed it from since around my join date.
    Technically it hasn't due to a hard drive crash in 2012 when I replaced the hard drive and had to reinstall from scratch and restore a backup, but since the backup had the IWD folder with all the mods, we can get philosophical about it.
    It's the Files of Theseus.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just checked my IWEE folder. No such file in the directory at all, sorry. My version is whatever is most current because I got it through GOG and it auto-updates.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Sorry, I skimmed the post and I must have missed that.

The latest version of IWD:EE does not have a config utility since all the relevant options are available within the game itself. You can unlock a few additional ones with this mod: https://github.com/Argent77/A7-HiddenGameplayOptions/

Also, the latest IWD:EE version is v2.6.6, so you're using a very old, very buggy version of the EE overhaul. I would kindly suggest that you update to the latest one if you have the option.

11. gibberishh Gems: 13/31

Media:
    Thanks to all who replied/helped. @Taluntain or @SlickRCBD can delete the file now -- I've downloaded it. I expect it to spit out an ini file in its own folder and maybe that will help me map variables and values to the table in baldur.ini.

@Keneth, I'll also take a look at the hidden options in a little while. Thanks for that. Okay, I'll update my game soon after I finish with my current run. I have more of a not-broken-don't-fix nature and am terrible at spotting bugs -- so for me the game never seemed bugged/broken! :p -- and I first played it maybe 10-15 years ago and only recently started playing it again. That huge gap gave me no reason to update earlier.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I understand that about the "not broken". I just realized that the copy of PuTTY I've been using is out of date by 17 years when talking about a HyperTerminal alternative and versions before 2015 did not support serial connections, so I didn't know you could use PuTTY.
    Putty is an SSH client, and the package also includes a basic SFTP program. It can also do Telnet.
    There used to be a bunch of MUDs that could be played with Telnet or SSH, but I haven't played any since I was on dial-up 20 years ago.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    There were quite a few things broken with the original EEs, but I guess as long as you're enjoying yourself and don't care about mod compatibility, there's nothing wrong with playing an outdated version. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.