1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Religious absurdity

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Jul 20, 2001.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

while browsing scifi.ign i stumbled upon a comic book conspiracy link about a project to clone jesus to make the second coming come sooner, i found it simply hilarious. take a look, its at:
    www.clonejesus.com

2. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Dude... that's just bad and wrong in so many ways. But yes, pretty funny to consider such an idea.

3. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Felt like I needed to chime in on this subject, but I honestly am left speechless!?!

Do these people even have a LITTLE understanding of the Bible? If they did, they'd realize that God has a giant, "DON'T MESS WITH ME" sign on his chest?

Don't mess with what you don't understand! (Which I why I don't mess with women! ;) )

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

LOL MAT! I think you've done enough messing with women to get in the sinners book :p

as for the topic, I find it rather frightening if this is a serious project. Is it? or is it just a joke?

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I won't look the link.

You CAN clone the flesh.

But you CAN'T clone the soul (spirit).

You don't believe me? Why don't you try it then?

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Mat - Are you serious?!?!? You don't think God has a sense of humor? I mean, look at the platypus dude!!!! :D :D ;) :D :D

Thus endeth my Friday afternoon blasphemy!

7. Sprite Gems: 15/31

8. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Stick it to those Christians, Sprite!

:cool:

9. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You can make the body,
    BUt not the soul.
    I'm with Extremist.

10. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

Wether or not you believe in God, it is still a fact that 2000 years ago, someone named Jesus walked around considering himself the son of God. If I remember correctly, he is even mentioned in the deadsea scrolls.

But to clone Jesus, they'll need some cells, and from where are they going to get those? I do know about that dead body cloth that is kept somewhere in Italy, (IIRC) but I seriously believe it to be a fake!

Lastly: Why would anyone clone Jesus? If you truly believe in God, then cloning is considered a blasphemy, and cloning Jesus would be the worst sin ever done. And if you don't believe in Jesus, then why the hell would you care about cloning him?

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

well frankly i found it both disturbing and absurd whcih lead to a hilarity, the very idea of such an occurence is laughable, frankly i think he just wants money ;)

12. Vile Gems: 8/31

You have a pretty good point there, Grovflab. Not to mention, if you are a Christian, you would believe that the rapture will come anyway. Why bring back Jesus when this "ressurection" is not needed for the Tribulation Peroid to take place?

13. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

Actually, a lot of Christians don't believe in the Rapture(Catholics, for one). The idea of a "Rapture," with the True Believers being snatched up to Heaven while the rest of humanity is subjected to diabolical chaos, was invented only a couple hundred years ago, if that. I'm not sure what this particular scholar was trying to explain by coming up with the idea of the salvation of the faithful(I'd guess it's because he didn't like the idea of the faithful being subjected to the less pleasant aspects of the Book of Revelations along with all those dirty Damned).

14. Vile Gems: 8/31

Sorry, my bad... I should have rephrased it. Most "Protestants" believe in the Rapture.

BTW, the book isn't called Revolation"s", it's just one and only one "Revolation".

[This message has been edited by Vile (edited July 22, 2001).]

15. Sprite Gems: 15/31

Most protestants do not believe in the "rapture" per se, although the biblical case for it is fairly strong. It is pretty much only the charismatic branches of fundamental Christianity that tend to preach about the rapture. It's not that other protestants reject the concept, most of them (especially the members of the oldest denominations like the Church of England and Presbyterianism) have never even heard the word. It's one of those ideas that has to be inferred from the Bible, like Original Sin or the Trinity- it's described but not explicitly named- and so it is individual denominations who adopt this doctrine who have applied the term "rapture" and communicated it to their flocks.

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Who said I didn't think God has a sense of humor? If I didn't think that, my life would be much, much different.

While funny, God is also Holy, and there are places where we shouldn't tread.

For quality Christian humor, check out: http://www.thedoormagazine.com/

Oh, and on the rapture thing. . . only 1/2 of the Protestants believe that. Personally, I do not.

17. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

FYI, Landover Baptist is a spoof, not an actual church. Don't take the article (or anything else found in that website) too literally.

As per the Rapture, I believe it's covered in I Thessalonians 5.

I need Internet at home! Aaarrrg!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.