1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:skeptic: Someone's curious, I see? Ara, you horndog. :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Pffft! :angel:

I would say I'd beat Chev's score but I doonöt thin even the Pope could do that... :p

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    The Test

Lies :lol:

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    "I'd rather watch TV" for me... :angel:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sexual Muffin
    I scored 66 on the Horniness test!
    You are slightly more horny than the average person. Really, you like getting 10 kinds of nasty, but will settle for 5, but you will go out of your way to get it. You score hornier than than most, but not as much as others. Not bad.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

the last question is even stupider than some of the others :|

Average Joe/Jill
    I scored 60 on the Horniness test!
    You are of average horniness in every way. Nothing special here. Nope. You like sex about as much as everyone else. Yup, that's you. Average isn't bad you know. It's just,... Average. Do you like vanilla ice cream?. We're guessing yes.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ouch... I think they might be right about that house plant.

8. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Back to the whole vengence thing (sorry to dig it up but I missed it, heh) I use the term 'educator' since I believe it's important that the person who wronged you understands _exactly_ how it feels to have something like what they did to you happen to them. I'm one of those 'hard love' types, the world isn't a nice place and damned if I'm going to go around pretending it is. If someone wrongs me they get what's coming to them and I make sure others understand that they got what was coming to them, hell I remember having a reputation back in high-school for being somebody you didn't mess with.

Friends wronging me? I can forgive provided they admit they were wrong and apologise, however if they don't then I will 'educate' even them.

I will be nobody's doormat. Yet I will never harm somebody unless they have harmed me or somebody close to me first.

On the horniness scale? 61

9. Disciple of The Watch

Thank you, Abomination. You have summed up what I tried to say awesomely well. I heartily agree with what you said, since this is *exactly* how I think.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I guess another way of looking at it for me is that I am probably too lazy and/or busy to devise and implement ways of exacting revenge.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Negative feelings are such a waste of energy.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Bah! As Abomination said if they cross me they get what's coming to them.

Besides, for a person that's not very active the waste of energy is actually a boon. :heh:

As for Dalveen's existential "What is love" question...

Love is when meeting or having news of the person puts a smile on your face, and dissipates even the darkest of moods. It's missing her presence when she is away, and treasure every single second spent with her by your side. It's when even the most beautiful things in this world look dull compared to her beauty. It's when the feeling of closeness is so deep you can feel your two souls fusing to become one single entity.

There. This is my own definition, however. Others might not see eye-to-eye with me... but I don't care. That's how I see... no, that's how I feel it.

[ July 06, 2006, 19:47: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Nothing wrong with my relationship, I just want to complain about one thing.

I was just in Europe for 2 weeks. She left today for Israel for two weeks. I missed one of my flights and got home a day late, so instead of seeing her for the entirety of yesterday, I got to see her for two hours today. 2 hours for 4 weeks is not enough. I have missed her intensely. :( :sosad:

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    If you expect that much in life, you might be disappointed. ;) Besides, most if it, by it meaning a realistic version of it, is characteristic of a good friendship, as well. ;)

@Saber: Looks like you need some multiplayer game. Works like charm for me in such situations. You get some contact with people but you don't have to deal with them right next to you, plus you get involved more completely than in case of a book.

15. Harbourboy

Hmm, once again, I agree with chevalier. I'm not sure I treasure EVERY SINGLE SECOND spent with my wife. I treasure most of them, but not every one. I could do without the grumpy seconds, for example.

16. Disciple of The Watch

You know who I am talking about, chev. This is how I feel towards her. I can go back in being a negative sarcastic ass, and keep how I feel for me, if you prefer.

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I agree with chev aswell. Women can be a massive pain in the arse a lot of the time, whether you love them or not. Same goes for men from their point of view I guess. I have never once met a couple who are without their arguments and getting pissed off at each other now and again.

Can you imagine a relationship that was clear sailing from minute one? Bugger that, it'd be boring :lol:

18. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hmm... I haven't been active here in so long. But I needed some place to talk about stuff.

So for the first time in my life, a girl is actually returning the feelings I have for her, and it's making me the happiest man alive. I went to the movies with her last week, and for the rest of the night afterwords I just couldn't stop smiling to myself. I bombed my english exam, but that doesn't really matter, I've finally found someone of girlfriend material. It's weird, I've known her for upwards of ten years (a lot considering I'm 17), she's been in many of my classes, but it was only a week or so before prom that I realized how amazing she really is.

I feel like an idiot now, I didn't ask her to prom because I had told her months before that I was either going with another friend of ours, or I was going stag. So when the girl I asked decided to go alone, I was afraid that my new 'crush' would get offended and think she was my Plan B. Then, to make matters somewhat worse, the DJ only started playing slow songs ten minutes before prom ended, and when I went to ask her to dance with me, another guy who can't tell her apart from her twin sister asked her to dance right before I got a chance. He only found out afterwards that he asked the wrong one. But oh well.

When a friend told me that my 'crush' also liked me, it was possibly the greatest feeling ever. Now there's something stirring between us, and I couldn't be happier.

So now I'm done high school, going to university in the fall, have a potential love life, and I've finally found a summer job. Not one of those lame McDonals ones either, it's at a rock climbing wall making more than minimum wage :) . So that about sums up a lot of what I've been thinking of lately.

19. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

@ reepnorp: Way to go!!

@ Barmy: I think it is part of living together having an argument once in a while. At least make-up sex is pretty good ;)

Sure there be grumpy times but thats ok with me, just being with my wife, and our baby, is great.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    A little update to my predicament:

Nothing helps as much as getting rid of a little crush but seeing the person you adore very, very drunk. She's absolutely unbearable in that state of mind. Thank heavens!

I still do feel for her, and I will miss her, but actually being with her in a relationship is absolutely unimaginable. I am relieved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.