1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Let's keep the title simple from now on folks.

Let it begin ...

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ah, the Lovesick one starts the thread. How apt.

Ladies and Gents, a question for you:

Is it really worht it? The effort, the confusion? Do the ends justify the effort?

3. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Depends on what you were looking for at the start of the relationship.

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

For most of my almost 12 years of wedded bliss, I will say yes. Lately, things have been rough, but I am confident we will work through this too. If you find the "right" other person, things are good more than not. It is always work though, it involves alot of give and take, but can a be very worthwhile experience.

5. Daie d'Malkin

I'm looking for A relationship. A two-sided one, with give and take, not and not just I give she takes.

6. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Worth it? Completely. But only if the person in question is your best friend-really and truly your best friend. If you have to go somewhere else to get your emotional needs met, then the person you're with is not the right one for you.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Actually, you know what, wanting a relationship is too much. I want someone to give me a cuddle at the end of the day, and ask me how the day was. Is that so much to ask?

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

No.

Chev:
    Because he (probably) thinks we will assume that we will make the assumption (a lot of assuming going on there...) that he is trying to tap that, which, as he explains, is not the case.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Or that's what he thinks. :evil: Why does he care so much? :evil: :D

That would be a friend. Perhaps that's why DJ says it should be your best friend or else it's not worth it.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Perhaps a kiss and a cuddle.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

So a little more than a friend. Friends make the best girlfriend/boyfriends because you know them, you love them already.

A kiss and a cuddle is always nice.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Indeed it is. I hate being lonely. Must resist the urge to listen to emo...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Justify? I'm just making it clear I have no agenda with that gal. Yes, there WAS something between me and her, 7 years ago - but it wasn't a "love" type of relationship. I don't need to draw it out to you, now don't I?

Still, I have changed a lot since that era.

/me slaps Daie sharply
    You can't be serious.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Oh course I'm not. I'm just feeling quite lonely today. Emo goes way beyond loneliness.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hugs Daie

'tis sad you are so young, for that is pretty much what I want, too.

and incidentally, life is getting so very complicated. It is rather scary when ytou are developing a crush on someone who doesnpt really know you exist, but whom you know of as an acwuiantance of a friend who is not only funny but also cute and.. yeah. :bang:

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A non-celebrity doesn't normally know you exist until he's made to, really, so it can't be that much different if you actually have access to the person. But it's good to get over celebrity crush habits before it's too late. ;)

17. Daie d'Malkin

When I was younger, everyone either thought I was funny (guys), or cute (girls).

Now I've reached 17, I'm still funny, kinda lost the cuteness when the stubble arrived, but I'm still reasonably alright.

Problem is, I'm good company to hang around, I keep my friends laughing, and try to solve their problems as my own.

Just not dating material, it seems.

Plus, my choices are bad. The girl I like earlier this year has her own personal harem t seems, which seems strange to me as I don't find her that attractive, it's her personality I like.

The girl I mentioned earlier today, well she's not very attractive, and I thought I was over her after my incredibly low patch of 2004-5, but when chatting to her today, when she was upset and I was trying to comfort her, I suddenly found strange feeling going flying round my head. WHich sucked, because I really should avoid these situations with hr like the plague after all the flak I took last year.

Anyway, rant over. I'll go and concentrate on my work now. I have time to obsess over relationships later. First, I have to sort my life out and pass some exams. There's a time and a place for angst, and it's called college.

@ Ara. Poor you. *hugs* Welcome to Sgt Daie's lonely hearts club. No band, I'm afraid, but we do karaoke. First song Jefferson Airplane's 'Don't You Want Somebody To Love?'

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    karaoke is indeed good. As is alcohol.

And chevm, the funny part? the guy is a minor celeb in addittion to being an acwuiantance of a friend. See Ara headdesk a liuttle more :p

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Does "epic" ever happen? Does epic (for the sake of simplicity) "romance" ever really happen or does it ensure I merely become the Eagles' "Desperado"?

I seem to only want a relationship that can shallow my life, be it for good or bad. It would also seem I can only hand relationships that are intense to an extreme in regards to emotion. I've learned the hard why trying to love someone because you want to love them just doesn't work... at least in my case.

I don't know, is this an unhealthy relationship? Normally I'd say anything as intense as an "epic" relationship is unhealthy, but it seems as I want such a consuming relationship so badly pushing the rest of the world out for a single person doesn't seem so bad.

20. Daie d'Malkin

'You want it all but you can't have it. It's in your face but you can't grab it'- 'Epic', Faith No More.

Ilmater, that sounds bad. People should become a part of your life, not your life. I learnt that one last year. It all ends in tears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.