1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Red stats

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by joacqin, May 31, 2008.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why are all my mental stats always red? I have no negative spell effects, no diseases and no poisons but my willpower, intelligence and speed are red as if I had. Been like this for ages? Anyone have any ideas? I thought it was perhaps because I only ever slept when I levelled up but even after a full nights sleep it is still red. We are talking Oblivion and we are talking unpatched umm, well I have been meaning to buy it since it was released but the one time I actually went to the store to pick it up they were out of copies so it could be a bug. If it isnt however I would appreciate it if anyone know what to do?

I also wonder if there are any "cloth" gloves in the game? I shed my heavy armor as I cant stop myself from running around in a black robe and hood simply because it looks superawesome. I am already making a sever power gaming concession by using a one piece robe instead of shirt and trousers as I lose out on one enchant and I would like a pair of gloves to enchant as well. Metal gloves are plentyful, why no cloth ones?

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    First question: Go to the temple of the nine and use the altar. It's possible you were hit with a perminent reduction curse (which doesn't show up in the afflections area)

Second question: No. Maybe there are mods floating around but there are no non-armour gloves in Oblivion

joacqin likes this.
  3. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

may i also reccomend that you patch it? you just need to download the patch and then [snip], this would also be highly recommended if you plan on using mods

[No discussions about cracks, thank you. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The visit to the temple fixed it. I have done it in the past as well though but it seems like these drain spells are permanent unless you temple cure it and you get it a lot. Annoying.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    There are some restoration spells and some potions that can help, but really It's cheaper and faster to use the Temple. Now in Morrowind, thats another story (potions or nothing :()

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Ah... the permanent Damage <attribute> attacks - as opposed to Drain <attribute> (which is temporary, but usually more severe) attack.

I used to hate Greater Bonewalkers back on Vvardenfell - Damage Strength would mean I'd have to drop some loot to get back below my encumbrance limit. :mad: Even now in Cyrodiil, my PC carries around a couple of Restore Strength potions, just in case (I think some Wraiths damage str...)

And Magister? What do you mean "potions or nothing"? There's at least as many restoring altars of the Imperial Cult and Tribunal Temple in Morrowind than altars in Oblivion, and they were ones that didn't require you to have a 0 bounty, and your Infamy is less than your Fame...unless you count wayshrines as well, but they don't show up on your map, so you can't fast travel to them. :(

I suppose you could factor in the cost of making an offering, but that's easily remedied by joining both the 'Cult' and the 'Temple' and doing some work for them to reach promotion to the ranks where praying at an altar is 'donation-free'.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  7. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    When I said potions I ment they were the most convienent way. As you said, droping half your loot is not a fun expreience. Nore is haveing to mark the area you droped your loot just so you can come back for it.

8. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you drink booze like Skooma it will boost some stats and reduce others (increase Strength while making you dumb and clumsy, for example). After a minute or two these effects wear off but if you're wearing an item that boosts one of those stats that the skooma reduces and you then remove the item you'll find you've suffered permanent ability score damage.

A pretty annoying bug, actually, but a trip to a temple for an easy cure takes care of it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.