1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Recruiting an extra ally

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by david w, Mar 4, 2004.

1. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've only ever played Ascension as an evil character so I was wondering who is better to take with you: Bodhi or Balthazar.

Bodhi was pretty useful in the fight against the Five as her level drain ability took care of both Balthazar and Abazigal and she even held her own against Yaga-Shura for a while.

When I play again, I'm going to try and recruit Balthazar but is he as effective as Bodhi at this stage in the game?

2. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well Bodhi as far as i am aware is just the same as she always was in SoA but she might be toned up in ability now, and Balthazar is just a normal Monk who has more lay on hands abilities and is immune to time stop, but treally it is difficult to compare similaritys since they have almost none if any.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It wasn't so much similarities I was after but how effective they're likely to be against the Five.

Bodhi was excellent for the reasons listed above and I would never have won the fight without her - which I know for a fact because I played it through half a dozen times without her and got slaughtered every time.

Is Balthazar as good? His main benefit would be immunity to Time Stop which is a spell that is crippling when cast by the likes of Melissan. Time Stop then Greater Whirlwind Attack with a +5 staff against a PC who can't even defend himself? Ouch!

4. Winterine Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think Balthazar is alright. When I can't do anything because of Time Stop, I try to get him to attack the likes of Sendai and Abazigal. Not too easy to control him, though, he seems to have a will of his own. He also has some magical/innate ability something like Greater Malison and Glitterdust at the same time which he uses a lot. Which is good. He also heals himself, which is also good. I'm about to try Bodhi this time round, but I think Balthazar is definately useful against the Five.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.