1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC Tyrot: the lands south

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Oaz, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

(Sorry for cutting the session early. There will be some in-game stuff below.)

Before the party could leave south of Sybech, Xavi was called by his druid brethren in an emergency note. However, the party found two new allies - Jake, Dawar's younger brother, whom Dawar had thought dead, and Wemmick, a gnome scholar who was looking into the ruins as well.

The party traveled south, and was attacked by a worg. The canine monster injured Alanna badly, but she drank a curing potion, and Wemmick manged to blind the worg with color spray. The worg, blinded and stunned, was easily dispatched.

Later, the party was assaulted by a trio of hobgoblins. The fight proved tough, as Wemmick and Steelbeard were nearly slain, and Alanna was forced to use another potion of cure light wounds. The party managed to fell two of the hobgoblins, while the other retreated.

Here are your hit points. All figures are up to date.
    -Alanna: 0/7
    -Dawar: 13/13
    -Jake: 6/13
    -Steelbeard: 6/23 (stabilized)

Everyone gains 150 XP.

----

(The following is occurring in-game, and did not take place in the session. It's just to facilitate Ironbeard's being away.)

After the fight, a human approaches in the distance. He ambles slowly over, cautious, but then politely introduces himself as Winchester, and asks for a gnome named Wemmick who was supposed to be in Sybech.

However, the man named Winchester stops briefly after seeing Wemmick. Aghast, he says, "Oh gods! I had a few things to discuss with him! Is he still alive? I may have a potion or two to cure him."

[ July 23, 2004, 21:42: Message edited by: Oaz ]

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Dawar nods. "He will live with proper care, but a potion will help the recovery."

3. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

hmm, I'd like to engage in an online RP like this - can someone PM or E-mail me the details (setting, characters, any directions plotwise) please keep in mind that I am quite new to all this - or a if you don't want new people in, please also let me know.
    :borg:

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

(We're full.)

Winchester administers a potion to Wemmick, healing 6 points of damage, and bringing the gnome back to life.

"I've some exciting news to share with Wemmick, though I'm afraid I can't do anything about your friend over there; turns out that was my last curing potion," he says, gesturing at Steelbeard.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Jake walks over to Steelbeard and kneels at his side. "You fought bravely today Steelbeard, let me have a better look at you.."
    Rummaging through his backpack, Jake finds a scroll of cure light wounds and casts the spell on Steelbeard, trying to restore him the best he knows.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Jake heals 7 points of damage, bringing Steelbeard back from unconsciousness.

Winchester continues talking as the dwarf is healed.

"You know, Wemmick and me go back a bit. We explored one or two ruins, but I got stuck in Corlan 'till a few days ago. I heard about an old temple back up north that I could use this gnome's help plunder- err... unearthing any treasures and whatnot. I'm sure you'll let Wemmick (and him alone) tag alone with me for a few days."

7. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"Oh and why should we trust you.. Winchester? You amble in here and simply decide to leave with him?" Alanna points out suspiciously.

"Why could we all not follow up to this temple now that we have.. disposed.. of these Gnolls?"

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31

"Well... I'm sure Wemmick will vouch for me once he catches his breath. And besides, I did manage to revive him. I've already hired some pretty tough fellows, and half of you look pretty injured anyway - it would be a shame for me to risk your well-being. Come now, Wemmick's a friend of mine, and I wager that I've known him longer than you motle- err... diverse group.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Dawar nods his head. "If he is willing to go, he can go. We only met him a few hours back, so I'm sure you have known him a lot longer than us. He can go, but only if he is willing."

10. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Wemmick gets to his feet, gingerly brushing at his wounds...."I...ehh...ehh....I am afraid that is correct....I am somewhat indebted to Winchester here for his previous help....and have already agreed to work with him.....perhaps we shall meet again - and I can repay my debt to you...."

He gathers his belongings, then heads off with Winchester, talking excitedly about the temple as they go/

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31

After fighting the hobgoblins, the party chased after the remaining one, and dispatched him, although he put up a good fight, thrusting his sword in Alanna's chest, nearly killing the elf. Fortunately, Jake brought her back to life, and the party made camp for the night.

During the night, a lost boy stumbled upon the campsite, telling the party that he had been captured by hobgoblins, but someone had attacked them, allowing the boy to escape. Alanna determined from the boy's description that that "someone" was a satyr. The boy went home to Sybech.

It was decided that it would be a good idea to head further south and look for that satyr. Jake also cured Alanna and Steelbeard.

Everyone receives 50 XP

---

HP:
    -Alanna: 4/7
    -Jake: 8/13
    -Steelbeard: 15/23
    -Dawar: 13/13

(Dawar led the boy home, but he managed to get back to the party in time, so he won't miss anything next session.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.