1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC-Char

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shadow Assassin, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Now I am a lil new to the table top rpg, I've been playing crpg too long I guess, so instead I think we should just describe what our chars look like, I am completely willing to share my char sheet so if ya wanna see it, it will be here when I need to edit it.

Oh and for all of you who already know I'm a druid I am actually a druid who likes to steal using nifty little spells. Oh and where can I find an Item list, with prices as well as lvl info and new spell info.

I found the Item and spell stuff here's a link or 2
    http://www.rpgplanet.com/dnd3e/3emagic.htm
    http://www.rpgplanet.com/dnd3e/3ecombat.htm#weapons
    http://www.rpgplanet.com/dnd3e/3echaracters.htm

and Erran I'm probably gonna reroll my char since I found this, BUT he will be basically the same with only a few changes, and all these class things are confusing. What is the deal with the class restrictions? If you pick 1 class do all your skills have to coincide with that class?

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited July 12, 2001).]

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well this should give you new level info and spell info for starters.
    http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

Also, as much as I hate (and I do hate it too) to recomend this guys site, here's another good place for level info. He has made some nice charts for each character class in NWN and has broken them down into what each gets per level. However, since I don't know if his feats and skills are for NWN or complete 3rd edition (can't be bothered to check), I might not pay much attention to those.
    http://www.skullport.com/games/nwn/classes.shtml

This should give you some of what you need to know. These are the only links I know, but if you would like more information, I believe there are some more links to web pages with free 3rd edition material over in the 2nd/3rd edition forum. But, if you really are interested in playing, I would recomend for you to go out and buy the 3rd edition core books: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. They are very well written and will explain any question you might have. There are also plenty of suppliments that add a lot to the game, but they aren't necessary.

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Xander: I must admit, I did wonder why you spent all your points on Int, when the prime requisite for a Druid is Wis, but I figured you had your own reasons.
    Everone is allowed Full HP at 1st level, which for a druid is 8. You are also allowed a 2HP 'animal companion' - read animal friendship. You can teach them 3 tricks (eg fetch, play dead, bite) but there is no telepathic link. House rule - if you are going to bring it into town it has to be something that does not cause alarm; i.e a weasel, owl or dog is OK but I would have problems with a wolf.
    As for your 'kleptomania', remember as a TN druid your main concerns should be with nature and the balance, not personal gain. Druids have an aversion to 'worked metal'. You have no rogue skills, so expect a high DC if you attempt to steal, open locks etc.
    There are 3 kinds of skills in 3E, class which cost 1pt, cross class which cost 2pts and forbidden, which you can't have. All this is in the PHB and its baked into the WotC Char generator program (free 10MB download)

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 12, 2001).]

4. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

where can I find this char generator?

oh and I do not plan on stealing using the normal thieving abilities. Instead I'll use something like charm person and have them simply give it to me. Also thievery has a part in the balance of things.

5. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

And just a side note: If anyone has any questions about the new 3e rules, you can always post them in the D&D forum here. Lots of people could help you out, then you wouldn't have to wait for Erran to respond.

Character Generator (I believe this is the correct one): http://www.wizards.com/electronic/article.asp?x=mt_welcome,3,en&c=mt&sb=dnd

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 12, 2001).]

6. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

thx a lot, now when I finish dling all the nice lil teambg utilities to this comp, because I ran out of RW-cd's, I can start that one. YAY. ThenI get to do it on my other computer. YAY again
    but seriously I appreciate the link.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.