1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RC char sheets

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shadow Assassin, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

why don't we just start posting our char sheets here so everyone knows what our chars have and all the good stuff, erran can just edit to add xp and gold and such or tell me and I'll do it.

Name: Xander Race: Half-Elf(Drow)
    Class: Druid Level: 1
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Max HP: 4
    Current HP: (HP determines how much damage a character can take before falling unconscious or dying)
    Base Speed: 30 feet / per round (Base Speed is your walking rate with zero encumbrance)
    Initiative Modifer: 0 (Initiative determines the order in which the character acts. It is most important for Rogues.)
    Melee Attack Bonus: 0
    Ranged Attack Bonus: 0

Ability Scores
    Strength (Str): 9
    Dexterity (Dex): 10
    Constitution (Con): 10
    Intelligence (Int): 18
    Wisdom (Wis): 10
    Charisma (Chr): 10

Modifies
    Melee attacks; Damage caused (melee and thrown weapons only); Carrying capacity
    Ranged attacks; AC bonus; Reflex saving throws
    Hit Points (HP); Fortitude (Fort) saving throws
    Skill Points
    Will saving throws; Cleric, Paladin and Ranger spells
    Turn Undead checks; Sorcerer spells

Saving Throw Bonuses [non-Racial]
    Fortitude (Fort): 0
    Resists physical effects including polymorph and poison

Reflex (Refl): 0
    Resists effects which can be dodged such as Fireballs and Lightning Bolts

Will (Will): +2
    Resists mental influence/control effects such as Charm and Dominate Person

Feats
    Toughness

Skills
    Search
    Heal
    Spot
    Listen
    Starting Equipment
    Shortspear
    Light Crossbow

edit:

I will know if you didn't roll you char correctly and so will erran and he's the one that matters so just make it here:
    http://www.rpgplanet.com/poolofradiance/features/chargen/index_ie.html

[This message has been edited by Shadow Assassin (edited July 09, 2001).]

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] While it is necessary for the DM to know what your character is and what s/he has, it is not necessary for the other players to know. The way I play it is your race should be fairly obvious from your description, your class and alignment need not be. It's the individual's call whether you want to share this or not. Don't forget, in 3E mages can wear armour, clerics can wield swords and halflngs can be paladins. (subject to certain penalties) so some of the old assumptions will be invalid.
    One thing I would like, could any magic using classes let me know what spells they have memorised? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited July 09, 2001).]

3. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I still think it would be useful if say xp were posted and items and other things, if not the actual char sheets, this way if a person obtains an item more useful to another then they will know and may attempt a trade, and a lot of people haven't given much in the way of a description anyways.

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Items will be given openly to whichever group earns/finds them. It will be up to them to roleplay their distribution.
    If you as a player know that another character obtained an item on another thread in a different location you cannot assume your character knows that too.

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Good point, and that's something I don't think anyone has brought up yet Erran. If you are not part of a thread, then you can't know exactly what went on there unless someone gives you a detailed rundown of what happened. Right now, that's obviously not a big deal, but lets say for instance that in the future, a group goes to Waterdeep or something. Obviously, just because you can read it, noone's character would know what's happening there unless they are there or unless they revcieved a message form someone who is there. Just a thought I had, but I felt it might be a good idea to get everyone's thoughts on this matter and decide a policy before hand. My 2 cents ;)

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I always assumed it was good roleplay not to read what your character didn't know, and assumed that was why Erran created seperate topics for new locations. I confess to giving in to curiosity and reading the Ye Shoppe in Crooked Lane thread.

About the character sheets, I agree that, while it is necessary for Erran to have them, it would be detrimental to our (at least *my*) suspension of disbelief to know everyone's stats and inventory. Possibly we could "roleplay" this by posting a description of what someone looking at your character sees, to save people looking back to your first post, and to make it easy to record visible changes (eg if someone gets new armour).

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

Its actualy more fun to roleplay it as your character sees it, rather to just go around grabbing phat loot. Basicaly, I'm going to trust you to do that. If I catch your character using information s/he shouldn't have (metagaming) I'll let you know and ask you to repost. Ocasionaly, not knowing will work against you , e.g Knomal didn't know the body had been removed while he'd been away.
    Generaly, nice roleplaying. You are acting as individuals with your own agendas. I expect friendships may start to form soon as you work together to solve the mystery.

8. ayecapitan Guest

[​IMG] I acted as if I had no knowledge of what had happened in my absence for I had none (never read the thread), so I assumed that the corpse was still there :)
    O'course, 'tis corrected now, but sometimes not reading of what has happened before leads to confusions, as you see.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.