1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rotku, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Originating from the Structure thread we've decided to put together this. The RP is completely open to everyone. Make sure you post up your characters in the Character Thread first, and get up-to-date with the plot, found in the plot summery thread.

It's freeform RP, but I'll be acting as a sort of GM (Game Master) incase things start to stagnate or get rediculas. Below is a few basic 'rules' (in the widest sense of the word) for those of you who are unfimilar with Forum RP (taken from the ALFA forums).

Just some basic info about the setting:

Rashemen
    Capital: Immilmar
    Population: 654,480 (humans 99%) <- NOTE! Non-humans are very uncommon!
    Government: Monarchy / Magocratic Gynarchy
    Religions: Bhalla (Chauntea), the Hidden One (Mystra), Khelliara (Mielikki)

Rashemen is a clod, rugged land, populated by hardy and fiercely independent people. Its men are berserkers, disdaining amor and fighting with axe, spear, sword and bow. Its women wield powerful magic tied to the land, training those with magical potential to serve the land and the Rashemi race. Although Rashemen is ostensibly ruled by a powerful warrior called the Iron Lord, the true powers behind the throne are the Witches, who choose the Iron Lord.

The Land is full of nature spirits, any of which can turn jealous or vindictive against those who offend them. Rashemi laws are simple and based on honor, and they disdain the trappings of civilization. The people are devoted to the warrior ideal, competing in athletic contests and other harsh physical activities such as swimming in near-freezing rivers. These challenges keep them strong, for the weak would doom them to death at the claws of the land's many monsters.

Life and Society: Faerun knows Rashemen as the Land of Berserkers, a cold, alpine and rock land of fierce warriors ruled by masked Witches. Colourful tales tell of the Witches cruelty - but such stories stray far from the truth. The Witches rule with absolute authority, sternly and firmly, but they have cruelty, having repeatedly tasted it at Thayan hands.

Rashemen warriors are fur-clad or leather armored pony riders. Showing cowardice or incompetence at arms results in shuning. They fight in loosely disciplined warbands known as Fangs, each led by a chieftain. In time of war, Witches command the Fangs. When fighting, a Witch of Rashemen wears black robes and a mask, arming herself with magic rings and whips that dance in the air, animating to fight by themselves while their owners cast spells.

The armies of Rashemen are commanded by the Huhrong, or Iron Lord, who is expected to be the epitome of the Rashemi warrior. He is chosen by vote of the Witches, during a secret meeting at which any Witch may propose any person as Huhrong. The Iron Lord is expected to rule wisely, keeping order rather than deciding policy. It's his task to keep travel between cities safe, frontiers secure, and marauding monsters to a minimum. The Witches instruct and protect the Iron Lord, and can remove him from office at will.

Throughout the land, Witches are revered and heeded. It's certain death to harm a Witch, and usually death to disobey one (unless one is a child, another Witch, or an ignorant oulander defying the word of a Witch for the first time). Amoung themselves, Witches strive to understand living things, and their fellow Rashemi, so that open disputes are few. Their manipulation steers folk towards agreements and the land is kept strong and united, regarding Thayans as deadly foes and Rashemen as sacred land to be protected and tended. All Witches are females; the few magic wielding males in the country are known as Vremyonni, or Old Ones, because they are preserved by magic to great age. Kept hidden in the Running Rocks, they devote themselves to crafting new spells and magic items the Witches use in battle.

Most Rashemi never leave teh realm after the dajemma of their youth, a year-long journey wherein youthful Rashemi become adults and see the world. Age, expereince, and accomplishments determine rank within the Witches ( the age of most Vremyonni placing them high amoung the Wychlaran, the Witches' name for themselves), and then in the same order within all native Rashemi who cannot work magic, with outlanders ranked at the bottom.

Rashemi are a short, muscular, hardy race, given to cross-country racing in fierce winter weather, exploring the old northern ruins of the fallen Raumathar, and hunting snowcats while unarmored and lightly armed. They herd sheep, goats and surface rothe and export furs, carved stone, bone and jhuild (or firewine, which costs as much as 15gp for a glass elsewhere in Faerun). Rashemi love sjorl, a heavy smokey flavoured cheese that outlanders find horrible.

[ June 03, 2005, 01:49: Message edited by: Rotku ]

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, sounds good. Did you think of all of this yourself? If so, wow.

Given the effort that has been put in already I will have to give some more careful thought to a character I might want to use (as opposed to the slap-dash make-it-up-as-I-go-along approach used in the CC thread).

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I join. I already have some ideas for character. I just don't know which one to use.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Most of it is WotC material, just edited slightly :)

5. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

looking solid. I'm joining this one :) I take it we are allowed to use the rest of the FR background to build our characters?

6. Rotku

Sure - it's based in FR. There's a map of Rashemen here. Rashemen is in the far east of Faerun, north of Thay.

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Okay, I hope you're okay with me playing a loud, rude barbarian who is foreign to Rashemen. I will probably introduce him later, maybe when the trouble/evil force/whatever becomes more apparent.

(By the way - maybe we should come to some sort of agreement of what sort of properties and abilties the races and classes have? I'm still seeing outdated 2E stuff like infravision. :p )

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm in. I just got back from NYC and will post my character in the Chraracter stats thread.

9. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Just curious, what exactly does OOC stand for?

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Out of character.

11. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Rotku, if all's well, I'm in. Finally, something worth participating in. I'll prepare a charadter, but I'll wait until I hear back from ye to post it.

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I maybe join this one but since It's a very busy period at school, I won't be able to post a lot so I'm not sure yet If I join...

13. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

will reply within two days max, I'm facing a difficult exam right now.

14. Rotku

That's cool Lantus. Jump in anytime you want.

15. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Ok, I'll have my character prepared soon, but may take a little while to join. Busy times. I hope to post in teh next week or so. Anyway, I look forward to it.

16. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Havent been back to this board for awhile but this looks interesting, i may join, one question, as GM/DM, do you have at least a rough plan/setting whatever for the RP?

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Well, my char's up and I've entered the game. Hope this is fun :)

18. Rotku

Setting is described breifly above. Plan... not really. Never do when I DM ;)

19. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

oh yeah... didnt register... ok, i'll join

20. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rotku, I don't want to pass the Priestess by, but Sepp just had to respond to the waitress. He still is anxious to hear what the Priestess has to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.