1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rashemen - Book 3

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by DarkStrider, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

[​IMG] As the sun started to climb Ciana woke, having broken her fast she made her way back to the Aladhrel's office, they were waiting for her with another priest. The new priest and the Seer were talking quietly over a bowl, Aladhrel looked t Ciana "They'll be ready in a minute". As he said this the conference over the bowl finished the new preist moved to stand over the symbol of Corellon and started chanting a mist started to form on the floor and then it moved up slowly to form a portal. Once it was fully formed Ciana was invited to step through, as she did she heard Aladhrel murmur "Farewell for now, child".

The journey through the portal was soul-shatteringly cold though it seemd to take no time at all, Ciana fell shivering in front of the surprised brothers, Del and Elendie. As she started to feel normal again she rummaged through her bag pulling out first the seamless packet and then her bowcase. She removed her bow and re-strung it, then put the case back in the bag; she laid the bow by her side. She picked up the packet and handed it to Elendie, "Aradhrel said you would understand once you opened and read it, to open it he said 'Say the word and the way will open'. Once you're ready we'll go after Del we should catch up to her this afternoon."

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron patted the pipe-pouch protectively, and decided not to play them publically for a while. She was disappointed by the reaction to the music, but knew that few people were comfortable with the truths shown by the artifact.

Maron tapped Nakia lightly on the shoulder.

"When we reach Waterdeep, I would like to visit the temple of Sune, if that is alright. It has been a while since I saw a shrine to Lady Firehair."

[ March 26, 2006, 14:50: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Kelvados was in the mood to move. "So can we go now? I really want to get to Torturus!"

4. Benan Gems: 20/31

Jex walked quietly next to the others. "I realize I've been quiet and hesitant since we left the temple. I've been to Waterdeep and it was not a fun encounter. I left the city in the darkness of night. It soured me towards humans for a time."

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "It'll be a while before we get to Waterdeep. We got to find the road first."

Suddenly Sepp came over to her, life in his face. She jumped happilly, "Sepp you're better."

Posting as Sepp.

"Yes, Maron's music helped me. Now I know what I must do. I'm sorry, cousin, but I must leave you for a while. I will return but am not sure where or when. And no, I'm sorry but you can't come with me." He gave her a warm cousinly bust on the cheek. He went to each of the others and gave them a warm goodbye. Maron was last. He took her hands and kissed them. "Thank you Maron. Your music told me what to do. I am in your debt."

Then he turned walked away from them and disappeared.

Nakia ran after him yelling, "Sepp, you stop. Don't go. Hey I went through the Eye of the Dragon. I've traveled the Planes. I can go anywhere. Come back here! I do not want to be leader!"

Then she sat down and started to cry. Then she stopped a strange look coming over her face. "He reminds me of someone I knew in Athkatla a few years ago. Now I think I understand some things."

She just sits quietly and thoughtfully for a bit.

"Hokay, folks, let's get moving. Time's a wasting. The day don't get no younger and all that crap. Move out!. Del, please stop jumping at every shadow and noise it makes me nervous." She picks up her things and sets the example.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Maron looked at her hands where Sepp had kissed them, and smiled warmly.

"Farewell, my friend."

She patted the pipe-pouch again. Perhaps they were better than she had thought.She saw Nakia begin to cry, but as she drifted over to speak, the halfling woman composed herself and began to issue orders like a veteran. The Heartwarder smiled, and shouldered her pack, following Nakia onwards.

7. DarkStrider

Ciana led the group the beacon of the Del with Nakia clear and bright in her head, they ran through the morning; as the sun was starting to drop towards evening they came over a hill and there in the valley below could be seen Nakia, Maron and the others including Del. Ciana was about to call them but stopped feeling that this was down to the Del with her and Elendie now.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

DelCourage's challenge rung out over the hill and echoed through the valley. "I have come! Prepare yourself, you false copy!" And with that, she charged.

DelFear stood like a frightened deer for a moment, then opened fire with her bow on her charging doppleganger. But DelCourage did not slow in her charge, and deflected each arrow with her spinning staff. DelFear increased her rate of fire in desperation, but more and more of her shots flew wild as the adrenaline of pure terror coursed through her system.

Finally, DelFear threw down her bow and prepared to meet her double's charge. Del's companions were spellbound as they watched the two halves of the friend they knew face off. Claw and staff clashed, the weapons being the only thing to denote who was who as lightning thrusts and parries spun the combatants around and around. But soon even that defining mark was lost as the quarterstaff splintered, and DelCourage jumped at DelFear. The two grappled, and the Claw went flying across the grass.

Over and over they rolled, pummeling each other. At last, one of them began to grow weaker, and the other's blows landed more steadily. Getting up from atop her now unconscious foe, Delphinae grabbed the Claw from where it had landed and kneeled again above the other. She raised the Claw high...

9. DarkStrider

As Del charged down the hill Ciana shouted at the others "Come on we have to stop one from killing the other or they can never become whole again" and she started running down the hill. She watched the battle between the two and as one gained the advantage and went for the killing blow Ciana grabbed the arm holding the Claw.

"Help me, we must stop them killing each other, Elendie has the cure"

10. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

With the commotion created, Kongol drop his axe and with a small step of him, he riched the fighting rangers, and at the command of Ciana, Kongol pick up wit both hands Del (fear), holding the human by the chest with both arms undernith Kongol's hands.

"Can someone tell me, What is going on"

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    At Ciana's call Nakia sped to the Dels, picking up a heavy branch as she went. A good bop on the head did wonders for recalcitant creatures you didn't want to kill.

Seeing the hand holding the Claw she gave a careful measured blow that would stun the hand causing the hammer to drop. The blow might break a few little bones and the hand would hurt like bloody blazes until it was healed but no one would die.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Delinos and Kelvados stood in awe of what was happening, they stared in disbelief at the two halves fighting.

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

DelCourage

"Blast you all!" Delphinae thundered. "Let me end this and rid myself of this worthless mess!" She struggled against the restraining hands, but found herself surprisingly unable to break free. She could almost feel her strength flagging for no reason; she hadn't really expended much energy, even in the charge, but yet she felt exhausted. Del put up a bit more token struggling until Nakia smashed her hand, and then she finally gave up. "Fine. Do what you will."

14. DarkStrider

"Sometime back, the brothers know exactly when, a sorcerer tried to help Del but instead of helping her, he split Del into two halves; the brave which I'm holding onto and the fearful which your giant friend has hold of. In order for them to be joined together again Elendie has a scroll from the temple, if they aren't joined together again then they'll wither away and die" Ciana looked around for Elendie to do her bit to help...

15. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Elendia looked at the scroll Ciana had given her. Not entirely certain she wanted to read the scroll, she rolled it open and commited the words to memory. She said quick prayer under her breath and the scroll burst into flames. "Put them next to each other, back to back.... quickly." Kongol stepped forward and gently pushed his half against the back of Ciana's half. Elendia raised the burning parchment over them and let the ash fall over their heads. Intoning deeply Elendia spoke the words of the spell, a prayer to Tyr, "What once was neglected now be tended... What once was torn now be mended." At first nothing happened, she was concerned she had translated one of the words wrong. Just as she was about to voice her concerns the flame from the scroll reached her finger tips. "Ouch!" With a start she dropped the burning parchment and watched as it floated to the ground. The whole party stared at it expectantly, including the Dels who were now both concious. The flame went out with a small puff of smoke having consumed the scroll. Ciana and Nakia looked at Elendia and as she was about to speak, Del said something. Not sure which one spoke the party look back and forth between them. She spoke again, only this time it was obvious that both of them were speaking, in unison... as one. They looked at each other, looking almost insulted. Suddenly a whirlwind roared through the clearing, kicking up dust, leaves, twigs, and other forest debris. The party had to shield their eyes or risk going blind. Elendia could feel the divine energy in the wind, and it centered on Del. After what seemed an eternity the wind died down and was gone. It took her a few moments but when Elendia finally looked back Del was laying on the forest floor, unconcious. There was only one. She wasn't entirely positive whether the other had been carried off by the whirlwind or if they had been joined as was the intention of the spell. Either way they would have to wait for her to awaken before they could find out.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia Looked at Del, then at Ciana, Elendia and the Drow Brothers. Speaking quietly but firmly, "Would someone explain what is going on here?" Staring at Elendia, "And who are you?"

Something had changed in Nakia. She had no idea if she would survive this adventure but she had realized that Sepp had a long life ahead of him. What she had realized when he left must remain a secret but it had a profound affect on her. She was more questioning not easily going to accept things simply because they were.

17. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Where is Sepp?!" Delinos looked around frantically.

18. Nakia

Media:
    "It seems we all need to do a lot of catching up."

Nakia pulls out honey mead, cakes and other little goodies (some halfling priorities will never change).

"Hokay, let's talk. Sepp had something he said only he could take care of and disappeared. Maron has some interesting pipes and is changing , just in case in you haven't noticed. Atten is wandering around some where communing with nature. Jex is here, lurking. Should be obvious that Kongol is here and me, too.

Now what's up with you all? Who is this new person Elendia?"

19. DarkStrider

"I think this is your story to tell, Del" piped up Ciana as she picked up a cake and started munching

20. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"I don't think she'll be telling anyone anything for a while." Elendia carefully propped Del up against a tree, her head promptly rolling to the side. Elendia turned and looked at Ciana calmly munching on a cake. She looked around at the brothers, who were standing off to the side having an animated conversation in drow. A halfling sat on the ground a little in front of Ciana, looking at her expectantly. "My name is Elendia Faithbreaker, I hail from the Frostwoods, south of the Snowflakes. About three weeks ago I found a sorcerer wandering the woods. He was quite mad and babbling about 'creating two from one'. A little later that day I found Del laying crumpled under a tree... naked. I gave her some clothes and fashioned that staff for her. In return she confided in me, told me what happened." Elendia sat down next to Del and tried to right her head, only to have it fall the other direction.

"Apparently she was losing her control over her fear of death. She started to fear the very forest she walked through. For a ranger that is akin to a thief fearing the dark, a mage fearing knowledge, or a fighter fearing weapons. It just cannot be. Anyway, she met the sorcerer who convinced her that he could help. As he was casting the spell something went wrong, and the result of that botched spell was having Del ripped in two. One embodied her fear, uncertainty, indecision, and reluctance. This one awoke first, took all the equipment and fled. The second, the one I found, embodied Del's courage, strength, decisiveness, and determination." Elendia took a deep breath, looked again at those around her and continued. "After explaining to me what happened she asked me to help her track down her other half. Since then we have been traveling together." Elendia motioned to the brothers and Ciana, "A little over a week ago Del and I ambushed these three as they were tracking us. Ciana can fill you in from there." She pulled out her waterskin and drank deeply. Again she found herself in the surrounded of strangers, not something she was accustomed to doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.