1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ras +2

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kidd, May 27, 2001.

1. Kidd Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I just bought this dancing sword and I not sure how it works. When i strike someone, the sword behaves just like a regular Longsword, nothing speical about it. So where the "Attack on its own for 4 rounds" part.

Another question: Each time I forge an Item with the Weaponsmith in the Dock Area, he asks me to stay for a day to help him out, but this never happens. I have forged at least 4 items by now, do I owe him 4 days of service or is he just saying that?

2. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The answer to the first question i have no idea .. i never got that sword.

However with the forgeing of the items. It takes him a day to forge the item so if you receive the item you have already given your days service.

3. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

If you ask him to forge something, he'll name the price and he'll say that you'll have to stay 1 day. He then forges the item, which costs you a day, you won't do a thing, but you can see how he makes your weapon.

About the sword I don't know, never used it...

4. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

hey, two postst at the same time...
    Cooooolllll.... :cool:

[Edit your last post next time; I'm sure you know how... BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited May 27, 2001).]

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

yep and with the same answer :cool:

They say great minds think alike :)

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Or the answers were too obvious to disagree on. :p

The Dancing sword should be activated through Your sidebackIcon "USE ITEM" the "F8" button.

7. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A dancing sword eh? This makes me think of the singing sword in "Who framed Roger Rabbit?" :cool:

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] One caution!! When you use that Dancing Sword, it rushes off to battle. Be sure to go pick it up after it's done fighting! I wandered around for a bit, went to use the darn thing again, and found out I'd lost it! Luckily I hadn't gone too far. :)

9. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Where exactly is this dancing sword? I don't remember reading about it in the guides.

10. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You can buy it off a merchant in Trademeet just below that pub around the wall, if you know what i mean

11. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

To buy from the merchant you would need to solve the trademeet quests - both of them (the Djinees and the Druids)

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited May 28, 2001).]

12. Avooch Dar Guest

Yuo get the Rashads Talon or something like that from the genies them selves.
    That is only a +2 scimitar though

13. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31

Ras the dancing sword acts like a Mordaiken's sword with the difference that it is a +2 weapon, not a +4 one. The spells effects are applied, so the blade acts like a fighter half your current level. So it is not worth to talk about so mutch(if you're a fighter).

14. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

you use it as you would a normal item from the item quick list and when you use it becomes a floating sword. You can then use it to fight with as you use other weapons. when it runs out (4 turns gone) it returns to your inventory and cannot be used for a day. So what i did for my assasin was give him it in a seperate slot (i never really used as a weapon just as a summoned creature) it was very handy.
    T

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.