1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rangers are better than paladins!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tyresian, May 21, 2001.

1. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

All you brainless slaves of goodness disgust me!!! We rangers follow the true path of goodness and you weak willed paladins should be punished!!! All rangers and paladins express your thoughts.(if any paladins get backstabbed here it isnt the fault of a certain elven stalker)

That brings me to another point. We elves are more refined and sophisticated than you human barbarians(unless you're a ranger) :D :D :D :D :

(My bad, didnt kno bout the caps)

[This message has been edited by Tyresian (edited May 22, 2001).]

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Oh dear oh dear :( This is no place for a nobleman. I good thing my door in the government district has one of those extremly annoying locks. (The mechanisms that operates this door....) I think a war is about to break out. I hope those dragons are ready to intervene.

3. Avooch Dar Guest

HOW CAN YOU DARE TO CALL YOURSELF GOOD WHEN YOU BLATENTLY INSULT AND DISREGARD THE ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ARE SIMILAR TO RANGERS IN THEIR TRUE SENSE OF JUSTICE AND GOODWILL!!!!!!!!

you are not a ranger and you should be ashamed to call yourself one. If you were a ranger you would see that both professions are good and should work together in harmoney to protect the innocent.

I wil give you one chance to redeem your self and that is it!!!!
    I have never said a bad word about a Ranger and will never have to because we have mutual respect. If you do not apoligise to me and all others of my kind then i will be forced to conclude that you are inded a fake.

Always be weary of those who contradict their own beliefs.
    so says Sir Dargorn

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html#rules

Tyresian, would you do me a favour and read what Basic Forum Rule number 1 says? I'll leave your topic in all caps for another day or so that as many people as possible will see it. Enjoy your shame while it lasts.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 21, 2001).]

5. Dudette Gems: 8/31

hum... this resembles Shura... but then again he was evil...

6. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

I am indeed a true ranger, you paladins turn blind eyes to those that suffer and consider them noble sacrifices. Even Keldorn claims to be a force of righteousness while refusing to give Viconia a chance. Anomen seeks only glory and will even ignore the beggar's pleas. I will not apologize to paladins in general(i may apologize to specific paladins if i see the need) Your black and white view points are just as harmful as an ogres bloodlust.

7. Mendanbar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] *turns beet red then calms knowing this is just another petulant ranger that he will have to save, that has likely seen little true evil*

You do have one valid point, we elves are more refined that humans. I can say this as one with both bloods. I expect only those of mixed blood to comment on this as others cant tell their nose from horseshit.

8. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

yes yes, now quite this IRRITATING babbling between yourselves.

it is meant to be that you are brothers in arms is it not???

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Your scathing remarks are ill-advised, ranger. Perhaps Keldorn saw what you did not in Viconia. Did not your mentors teach you the use of a Detect Evil spell? Never do we get joy at the sight of a suffering fellow creature, but sometimes it is necessary to save the lives of others.

As for Anomen, he is unproven in my eyes. Neither is he a Paladin, as you might have realized had you engaged your brain rather than your mouth. It is my thought that you have not spent enough time in the Nature that first gave you your calling. Return to the woods, Ranger, and learn again the lessons of humility and wisdom.

Sir Kahraman Hayat, servant of Lathander

10. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I think they're both cool, but a Paladin has in pen&paper more obligations. If he doesn't charge the strongest enemy, he'll lose his skills. Is that noble or what?!

11. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Rangers SUCK! :mad:

Paladins RULE! :D :p

12. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You are all wrong. Paladins are fanatic! So are some rangers. You should seek balnce.

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

"While the forces of goodness did fight, evil grew stronger" so sayeth the wise Alaundo (or he probably would have if someone asked him about it).

PS I propose that the next BG kit should be a diplomat (armed with about 50 spells of charm and 'thick' skin).

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 22, 2001).]

14. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

As an evil master in the arts of war, I do somehow like to see goodness be torn apart from inside their own ranks... :)
    Who wants to borrow my poisened dagger?

15. Lareth Amunjo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Wise were the words of Alaundo. Killing and destroying is evil. You can't kill and say that it was the good action. In Baldur's Gate 2, you can't be good enough to fill the alingment of Paladins. :(

Rangers and Paladins. I have played the game through with Paladin(Cavalier), and I'm playing with Ranger(Archer). I just think they are both awesome classes. I just love the playing with them. :)

16. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I wanted to be an Archer, but I also wanted an evil party.
    I had to choose and I chose evil party. Best choice if I say so.

17. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

LOL @ Slappy.. ThickSkin... man.. that would make a real cynical spell...

18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] (I assume this is a roleplaying thread...)

Earl Grey the Inquisitor caused Jan Jansen to go to jail because lying is out of the question. :D

19. L'Israe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] (In the intrest of causing yet more turmoil between the feuding paladins and rangers...)

Who cares about armored priests or treehuggers? Monks are the best! ( A tad godlike, but cool nonetheless!)

20. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Elves are better than humans. Oh tut, tut, Tal's introduced laws against racism here now. Still, I be thinkin' that a bit o' a racial debate (BG races such as elves vs dwarves) might be amusing, so I'l open up a topic for it on whatnots an' be sein' if the moderators close it down.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.