1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, Aug 24, 2001.

1. herf Guest

Nameless one should hae optional clothes or at least a new animal to hang over his tickly-bit...

We should be able to read Graces diary...

All the un-finished things in the game should be released in a patc or add-on thingy...

Te weapon 'Shards of Fate' or whatever should do a set amount of damage, it took me 14 reloads just to get it to do 89 damage...

Should be able to start at level 3 on a class other than fighter...

There should be more choices in the game because no matter what the plot is still linear...

In the maze of reflections Dieonarra should appear whether or not the other three incarnations are dead or not...

There should be more weapons...

There should be amour for The Nameless One no matter what anyone says...

Anyone else wanna continue the list with serious sentences?

2. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i agree with starting as a fighter, imagins it, he has no memory, no skills, how would he be anything other then a fighter, he wouldnt know how to cast spells, or do any of the thief skills

3. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Names over all the NPC's. Sometimes talking to a person reveals he/she is the source of a quest other times you get the same dialoge choises as for a hundred others.

More NPC dialoge. Morte was the only character that said much.

The dialoge could have been better.
    Most of it was of the "you didn't say the magic word" vaerity.

The alignment system sucked. Killing or looting at random changed nothing.
    Saying ONE "wrong" word could change your alignment.

More items. Helmet's, robes, armour and so on. It would also have been good if you could add those things to other NPC's paper dolls as well.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

One thing I don;t get is why they put a "chest" slot into your paperdoll, when there's only one item you can put there (I think) and that only in the mortuary. Clothes would definetly be a good idea - I don't know about anyone else but I always felt a bit self concious with my avatar wandering about with just a loincloth. Maybe they should boost your charisma or some people should flat out refuse to talk to you unless you wear clothes (Like Diligence). I think that any class you change to, you level up to level three when you first get it (I could be wrong)

5. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My biggest complaint about Torment is... if they could produce a smooth virtual world like that, why on earth did they later produce BGII with all its myriad irritations? I liked BGII plenty before I played Torment, and wrote off the little problems like characters getting lost etc as limits of the technology. Now I know they *had* the skills to make the game smoother and didn't use it. Why oh why aren't all Black Isle/Interplay productions this good? Was this just a tease?

[Edit: Ah, thanks for the information Taluntain. In that case I apologise for maligning their intentions.]

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited August 25, 2001).]

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's because the games were developed by different people. Torment was made by Black Isle Studios (using Bioware's game engine), and BG2 was developed completely at Bioware.

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG]
    - Mine posted July 30, 2001 21:49 from post http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000202.html

- herf's posted August 24, 2001 05:25

So herf do we recognize any big similaritys between these to. Maybe Mr.Herf should stop being so critical of me as in http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000208.html
    about my spams WHICH I REMOVED and start critisicng himself about copying my point in MY topic which I had checked with the SEARCH ENGINE to see if anybody had posted a post similar.

herf this means you!

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey Bonzo!
    Where were you?
    What took you so long?

Nice to see you...

But Herf won't be pleased...LOL ;) :D

9. herf Guest

whats the topic name? eh? "Random Thoughts" i belive, and thats exactly what they are, i just posted and came up with things that i randomnly thought about while playing PS:T.
    And bonzo, i dont see the point your trying to mkae with your second link, are you trying to accuse me of spamming, i mentioned your name becuase you re-vived nearly all the topics and gave meaningless answers to all the questions that had already been answered and gave meaningless opinions on the opinion topics.

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hi Extremist :D thanks for the welcome back. I like your spam the spammers policy.

herf i also tried to answer any unanswered questions or questions which had been answered only halfly. Exactly which opinion polls are you referring to.

[edit] herf am i ever going to get a reply?

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited September 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited September 07, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.