1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Relationship Babbling Thread (alias Relationship Rant Thread #2)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ahh yes, Mrs. Palm and her five daughters.

I'm sure you understand, Chev.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ah, I see.

3. Disciple of The Watch

That had to be your shortest post ever, Chev :shake:

4. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Nothing to add, eh? :p

5. Disciple of The Watch

I can hardly believe it! Chev who has nothing to add? :eek: Write that on the calender, Susi, this is a SP First and Exclusive!

:shake:

I personally do not miss Mrs. Palm :shake:

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Neither do I. Girlfriend is way more fun.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Sexuality could have a thread specially tailored for it... but then again, this is a family board.

Hell yeah, nothing beats a gf.

I must honestly say, though, that it was a bit strange to get intimate with my gf. I mean, she has been my friend (it was clear that she wanted to be more, but I must have been a blind fool not to notice) for just as far as I can remember. She had always been, to my eyes, the happy-go-lucky friend I had a longtime crush on. Time had not altered my or her feelings, and now she is my lover, my soulmate with which I share body, mind and soul. Taking things to another level felt a bit weird for both of us. Still, it has deepened our bond.

The future is a huge grey zone, however... we'll see what it holds.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

You Blind Fool!

Who is the more foolish... the fool, or the fool who follows him?

9. Disciple of The Watch

A famous line from BGII: "A fool can see many things that a scholar can't"

I pretty much always been a blind fool. I owe a good part of my former relationships to my friend's tipping "Hey, dude, she loves you", otherwise, I probably wouldn't have noticed. I don't have a very good eye for that. :sosad:

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    It's been what, two weeks since I broke up and now I'm starting to become this amphibian with antlers growing from my forehead. Maybe I should become a shaman..

Well, it's really annoying. Didn't remember it would be like this being single. Gosh.

Also, I'd like to add that my brains have leaked out of my ears because the job I was working a while ago, making me permanently stupid.

I'll probably start thinking with another organ soon...

11. Disciple of The Watch

As opposed to you, Ichor, I had forgotten what it was like to be with someone. Being single has some good sides too, despite what many think. I kinda miss going where the hell I want and do whatever the hell I want without having to report to anyone, and I somewhat also miss being bored to death all by myself, without having to worry about finding something to do.

Feeling a stink of negativity? Yeah, indeed. Things have soured.

12. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

As an old married man (11 years) I can certainly relate to the feeling of being trapped and feeling accountable to someone, but I remember the alone feeling as well and I personally choose the wife life over the single life. I do wish I could have more alone time, but life with the right woman is worthwhile, at least for me.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Glad to know you understand what it's like, Brallrock.

I have a knack that it's just the fact that I have been single for a looooooooong stretch of time and that I just need some time to get used to being with someone again.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @DotW: As Brallrock said, life with the right woman is truly worthwile. In your shoes, I wouldn't change the situation for almost any price. Losing the love of your life for freedom is a very bad exchange. Just work on the relationship as hard as you can.

I really wish that the right woman for me would've been my ex. I miss her so much, but there is no going back and longing for her will wane, eventually.

I'm almost ready to do anything not to feel lonely, which is a good thing since it encourages me to tell about my feelings to the woman I'm currently head over heels for.

My falling for her might just be an act of desperation, but let it be just that. Despair and desire mix well with each other. I already know that nothing will come out of this ficle fantasy of a romance I'm cherishing.

Learning to express ones feelings is a great step, and I'm just starting to learn how to walk. And I'm not only a toddler in love, but in so many other things as well. The future, this fabulous new year with all its possibilities is wide open. The world is a lush orchard and I will take my pickings.

15. Disciple of The Watch

I don't want to change anything. I just need some time to readjust in being with someone, for I had a pretty long stretch of being single, and I've told her so. Far from being pissed, she proved to be extremely comprehensive. That is a good point in itself. I just need time.

And as for her being the love of my life... I don't believe in this concept. I live this relationship a day after another. I hope so, but we'll see.

16. chevalier

Media:
    Being single for a long time gives you the advantage that you realise you can function normally without being with anyone. Then again, realisations are one thing and despair is another. ;) I suppose people aren't meant to be loners or relationship hoppers, either. ;)

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Believing in "love of one's life" is pretty low in my books as well at the moment.

I'm not going to do any relationship hopping either, and with my lack of talent at picking up women, it isn't even doable.

I don't want it because that'll get me singed for the least and burned at the stake for the worst.

I'm too sensitive for that, my goodness. :cry:

edit: those darn typos!

[ January 02, 2006, 14:37: Message edited by: Ichor ]

18. chevalier

Media:
    Yeah, compatibility is one thing but there's nothing magical making it so that you can only make it with one person and if you don't find him or her, then you're screwed. There is some sense in the view that after you have found some degree and intensity of love, it doesn't leave you forever and nothing will be the same... yadda yadda, but I don't think it really works like that.

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Actually, me neither. Otherwise my current situation might be as good as hopeless.

For a long time it could've been only my bullheadedness and that I don't believe that there's only a single right person for everyone which kept my relationship going. Had I thought that love would work that way our relationship would've ended a lot sooner, since relationships based on that kind of thinking hit the rocks usually right after the falling in love -part ends. That happens usually during the first year.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Another problem with the relationships in the world today is that it's became almost like fast food; you don't like it, or it doesen't work anymore, trash it and get another one. Don't even take time to mourn the other one, the world must go on. That is unbelievably sad. And what of those with kids, very same kids who get ping-ponged around going back from mother's to father's place? It seems that, in today's reality, having childrens mark the end of a relationship. Unbelievably sad and pathetic. And while I do not want kids, I may not be in the best position to say that, but that's how I see it, nontheless.

I can count the relationships I had on a single hand, but they were true relationships, not relationship fast-food. I take pride in that. Things are improving, also. My freedom freak-out has calmed down, and everything is going back to normal. Time has done it again. Y'know what they say, Time is a grand healer, but a lousy esthetician :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.