1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

[​IMG] Well, I'll start this one off:

I have... lets say its not very noisy, but it is nasty. Slayer solos don't sound like that... I'm not sure what they sound like (besides crap :p )

Slayer/CoB/Lamb of God/Mastodon/Thine Eyes Bleed concert on the 17th of June... I'm just going to miss it :( :( :(

Looks like I have to do some counting now.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    o.O Ooooooookay... :bad:

I like the few slayer songs I have heard, and I didn't hear any horse noises... :p IMO Iron Maiden sounds all the same to me. I thought I woulod like them, but after listening to 3 different albums, all I could think was, "Wow, hear one song, and you've heard them all..." :skeptic: :rolling:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

*shrugs* Yeah. The most striking example of that was the Dance of Death album. A sorry excuse of a Maiden album...

Hey! The solos in Angel of Death are killer!

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You might like "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", "Killers" or "Powerslave" Kitrax. They are pretty varied, unlike the sorry excuses for the 90 and beyond albums...

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I think Brave New World rocked! :D

6. Saber

I have been listening to a lot of Our Lady Peace recently. I know you guys don't like them, but for me, they are great. One of my favorite bands ever.

7. Kitrax

Media:
    Meh...file OLP away with P.O.D. and other crap like that. :bad:

Hmmm...what's this? A Motley Crue album? Don't mind if I do... :thumb: :rolling:

8. Saber

Hey Kitrax. I got Red Hot Chili Peppers tickets... they had sold out in 2 hours, but my friend has an inside man, and we got VIP passes (or somesuch... I think its in a box) for 135 bucks each... its me, my girlfriend, and my best friend.

Now I play the waiting game... (October 20th, Boston)

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm tired of the waiting game. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippo.

But on topic, I bought my first CD in over three years today. John Lee Hooker - "Blues Legend". I've always wanted to listen to more Blues music.

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

This could be said about a number of bands, really. Often it has more to do with how much you like them than the actual similarity between the songs. Some of my friends hear my beloved thrash metal bands as monotonous and repetitive, every song sounding the same, but I hear a lot of intricate differences. Some bands that I find are just repeating one song type over and over are the height of rich and multisided expression to some people I know.
    I personally have enjoyed the post-reunion albums immensely, and found a lot of variation there, even breaking the admittedly narrow Maiden-formula here and there. Who would have thought of slide guitars or an acoustic song on a Maiden album in 1985?

But to each his own. That's just my :2c:

11. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I think I have just added Ensiferum to my list of favourite bands. Unfortunately, it has made The Gods Made Heavy Metal feel slow.

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

John Lee Hooker rules :thumb: But, Harbs, why did you buy Blues Legend? Besides 'Boom Boom' there are none of his legendary songs on it. There should be far better compilation albums available.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    this whole ESC thing had me dig out my old Lordi albums...s till think get heavy is the best one. Devil is a Loser and Would You Love A Monsterman are just plain awesome :D

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I'm REALLY spending too much money on new albums!

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Um, because it was cheap.........

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I get my albums from Russia, so I pay very little.

HMV price - £15
    Russian price - £4

The only issues with the albums are that they have printed on them "Not to be sold outside of Russian Federation blah blah blah", but sometimes they have Russian only bonus tracks.

17. Saber

Well, if you buy them while you are in Russia, then who cares if you take them out :p

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me resists the urge to badger Cúchulainn into bringing some Dima Bilan for her

i swear, this guy is addicting. I have no idea what the hell his songs say, and the ones I can actually understand are kind of gibberishly, but... he is just awesome :D

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Can I be your best friend? :p :shake:

There's a Def Leppard/Journey concert comming to the SLC area this August. My fiance wants me to take her to it...I'm still undecided. :bad: :rolling:

20. Saber

Hah, Kit, sure, as long as you bring cookies. No cookies, no friend...

I didn't get to listen to music today! I left my iPod and headphones at home... oh well, there's always tomorrow.

:rolleyes: Taylor Hicks won American Idol. If only he could sing.

That show sucks donkeyballs, but it is annoying when 62.5 million people pick someone who sucks more donkeyballs than the actual show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.