1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #93

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Go read the news, folks. ;)

Who wants a coffee? Perlbohnen beans I have.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The news is depressing.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Heya Dark Haired Beauty, welcome back :D

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Welcome back, Dark Haired Beauty.
    Good for you, Saber - wish I had the self-discipline to do more than take a walk each day (though I really am too :geezer: and therefore too arthritic to jog).
    Stefanina, when are any of us going to get some real rain?

Work continues tense over blown deadline last week and accompanying deficient project. Ugh. Meanwhile I took the afternoon off to take someone to the doctor where they got bad news. Even worse.

Oh, well. The rest of June is going to be rough but things might get better in July.

Meanwhile, babble on, all.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Not cool man, since when insominia comes with headaches and heartaches in the (kinda) morning? I never agreed to that!

Edit: I'm SO gonna regret this cigarette am I?

[ June 13, 2007, 17:26: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Hey, people can have my rain.

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Mine's cleared up!

8. Ofelix

Media:
    Odd I'm hungry and told the fridge '' FEED ME '' yet nothing happened...

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I'm trying to decide if I should watch tv now or wait another 45 minutes.

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I think I aggrivated my back today. At least I might get away with a few days off...

11. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I got word that we're supposed to be remodeling our supermarket starting next week - we're talking MAJOR renovation; the Deli department will end up moving from the middle of the 'Home Depot' sized warehouse structure, to one corner...

...when they did similar for another store up the hill last summer, some of the newer deli staff up there came down to my store to train and theirs was CLOSED completely for about a month. I wonder what this is going to do for my hours and thus my paycheck... :bad:

On to old news:
    Stefanina, it almost sounds like your cat might have gotten the UT infection provoked by all the smoke in the air, maybe? :skeptic:

And I'd had a German shepard for about sixteen years - the last half of which, she had to take little steroid tablets to quell an untraceable allergy that would otherwise have her ripping her muzzle up. :(

She could take a big bowl of canned dog food - inside which was secreted one of the 30mg tablets, and lick the bowl SPOTLESS...except for that tiny white pellet staring up at me. :rolleyes:

What I used to do is press the pill into a little chunk of cheese; she'd wolf that down whole (along with a finger or two ;) ) and not even notice anything.

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Probably not, although she seemed to have a bit of an upper respiratory infection caused by said smoke that I hadn't clued in on, as well. She seems to be breathing a bit easier.
    The first time I took her in for a UTI, I was told her urethra was small, which will make her more prone to them. Problem is, the surgery to correct the problem is invasive, expensive, and has only a so-so success rate. I decided against that.

In other, more serious news, my mother leaned on my grandmother's doctor about testing her mental state, so he did today. the findings could range anywhere from a past stroke to dementia. At least he's following her mental state now.

In even more news, we seem to be settling into out summer pattern of daily thunderstorms. It's not producing large amounts of rain, but it is producing some.
    Not much else going on in my corner of the world.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I need a new book. Badly.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Order a series at ebay or something, nope?

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Not much a say. So I guess I'll just spam about....

Spam spam, spammity spam spam spam.

Ok, I'm done. :rolleyes: :rolling:

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, stupid exam. 2 500 word essays in 3 hours. And he wants them to be intelligent and linked to other essays too. The first one was great, the second one was waaay below level. I'm *never* taking a course taught by him again. This is the second damn time he does this. I'd better pass.

17. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    School ended. Exams started.
    Only a week and I'm back in Finland.

I was about to rant, but meh, decided not to. :p

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

There was a wasp flying around my head this morning! :aaa: And me with no hairspray!

19. Ofelix

Media:
    The first coffee of the morning, the taste of happiness!

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Copy + Paste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.