1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #88

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Great.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    New One?

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This new one is going very slowly so far. A whole hour for the first 3 posts.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yay! 5th post.

My day is compleat. :)

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Wow, they do fly fast.

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    We got our new car Except it's not that horrible green colour, it's 'Champagne' Kind of goldish

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Can't wait to hear the results of our election today.

9. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thursdays are so great. Don't have to leave the house till 10.15 wahey! Admitedly I won't be home till 10 tonight, but :heh: Lie in ftw!

10. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Che, for some reason I and two other people in my course were given the wrong timetable for today's lectures. We were given the times for nuclear med classes instead of diagnostics. -_- As a result we already missed one and a half of our lectures. One of them was from Canberra and some of her friends are my primary school classmates...what a small world. I can't imagine how they'd look now... O.o

11. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Big storm rolling overhead at the moment. Pity its not where it is needed.

Uni was all right today as it wasnt a long day. Tomorrow sucks as I have to be up at about 6:30 to catch the 8:00 train.

But then it is onto the weekend!!! :banana:

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    New thread? Don't notice a difference to the last.

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Already a new one? Gee. I hate my thursday period.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Gee. Just saw episode 13 series 1 of 'The Unit'.

To give praise where it belongs, at least the GWOT has give us many entertaining action tv series and I admit the American tv series in this respect are generally pretty good, take the awesome 'Sleeper Cell', or even the ideologically heavily ladden '24', or 'Alias'.

While I like the action and storyline generally, what has itched me throughout the series is that it is made cheap and sloppy :mad: I don't mind the same conspicious Pinzgauer popping up throughout the series on three continents. Delta Force flying into a combat zone Afghanistan on a Vietnam vintage Huey, painted in an iirc 1980s Navy camo scheme (hah, those scale model kits were good for something after all), without door gunner? Not to mention that the type is long phased out of front line service. Of course. I guess it symbolises air transport. A french colonel wearing British fatigues, and of course, being a vainglorious idiot? A black guy, dressing up 'Bosnian'. Well, now that he has 'Bosnian' clothes nobody will notice he's a foreigner thanks to his cunning disguise. It's like letting Dave Chapelle infiltrate the Klu-Klux-Clan, without that pointy hat. I'm not sure, but probably his accent would give him away ... :skeptic:
    US Special Forces in Bosnia looking basically as if they fell out of a WW-II movie really beat it for me. Even the masterpice 'The man with the screaming brain' better captures the Eastern European flair (very entertaining movie :D though not exactly a good one). What David Mamet can learn from that movie is that, if you decide to stereotype, do it well.

Still, not nearly as bad as Michael Dudikoff movies :shake:

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Thursdays are great. I blow off my seminar and stay on bed til way after 2pm. I love thursdays. PLus, LARP tonight!

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Some of our results are in. Looks like the old hardliners DUP and SF are in the majority again, and the stupid goth kids voted for Make Politicians History Party (whos main candidate is called 'Rainbow George' :rolleyes: )

Edit, just read what they plan for Belfast: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6362335.stm

[ March 08, 2007, 17:26: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ah, guess whose office had no heat again this morning? It's the time of year when it's cold in the morning and somewhat warm in the afternoon, but 60 F is too cool to sit and work comfortably.

Soon it will be warmer outside than in - high today is supposed to be in low 60's.

Fortunately I had not surrendered my space heater from the last episode.

What's maddening is that this is a fairly new building - finished in late 1990. I'm told they have already totally replaced the heating unit for this part of the building once and they're probably looking at replacing it again.

Probably the same folks who installed our plumbing - all the drain pipes in the ladies' room started leaking a couple of weeks ago, custodian said the pipes were so thin he could put his finger through them. Ah, low bids.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sigh, we just had the annual "We have done a salary survey and found that your salaries are 3% higher than the market" speech. Every single survey I have seen shows that we are actually paid well below the average. I have stayed in the job for as long as I have because I like the travel but it is downright insulting when they claim that the pay is above average when everyone know that it is not.

I just turned down a job offer for a similar job at another company that would have paid me 10% higher than what I am earning now. Oh well, hopefully I will get a job offer for one of the other (different) jobs that I applied to and will be out of here soon.

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why did you turn it down if you want to leave and they were offering you more money?

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ye gads, just noticed a new RBP. Already? Snow here. Temp is 25F or about -4C.

JSBB, why did you turn the job down? Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.