1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #85

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Black hair - free to a good home.

:lol: When BTA was shown as being a recent visitor, the number of SPers jumped!

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

85? What a good year that was.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Had a great time at volleyball yesterday. Cost $5, but well worth it for the fun and workout. :)

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hah, oldie! I still wasn't born in '85 :p

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll be born in three RBPs time then :p

Had mock exam this morning for Business Studies. What a ghastly way to start a Monday morning. First exam on Thursday!

Also best friend taking Driving Test this afternoon, am DYING to phone her and ask how it went, but she'll bea eating around now and she never has her mobile on!

7. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Punk kids! Ah, '85, now that was quite a year. Driving to high school in my '68 Camaro. Hessians. Didn't even own a computer! Life was so much simpler then. You whippersnappers wouldn't understand. :p

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I at least had a computer in '85. A Commodore Vic 20 with a titanic 5k of RAM.

9. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

A year of contrasts. One the one hand you have 'Live Aid'. On the other, Microsoft releases the first version of Windows. :p

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have done as much to the new living room as I can for today. The rest of the junk needs to cleaned out before I can do any more, and I currently have nowhere to put it.

Ahh, the fond memories of the Commodore computers, the hours of reading lines and lines of code to my older brother as he typed them in, so we could put in a game that we didn't really like that much.

11. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Yes, I guess I was a little behind the times on that score. I had to go over to my friend's house to play Statis Pro Baseball on his Apple II. Our family didn't own a computer until '88.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

RuneScape Quote of the Day:

:hahaerr: :hahaerr: :hahaerr: :hahaerr: :hahaerr:

cough*nerd*cough

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I remember my old apple IIe computer. I would do about the same as Brallrock and his brother. Type hours of code to play a game and then spend twice as much time going back through the code trying to figure out which comma I missed that made the game not to run.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Bah, cooking is difficult. Noodles and Ready-meals for the win!

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Dragonfly, do you work for Micro$oft these days? It sounds eerily like the way they write operating systems. ;)

16. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My first computer was the TRS-80 (or Trash 80 as we liked to call it)
    It got stolen in '85, which was a pretty rough year for me, anyway. I do remember watching Live Aid on TV. I still have the videotapes we recorded...LOL

Today was warm, even for Florida. I think we may have hit 80F today.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

9.30 is a bit late for supper.

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

2.42 is a bit late to be doing laundry...

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    *sigh* I wish. I'd love to have a computer job. But more so art/graphics based.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'd love to be a games tester. Payed to play!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.