1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #77

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Good morning all. It is great to meet you all here once again.

Went to the gym at 0 dark 30 this morning. Hate it :nolike: but feel so good when it is done. First victory of the day. :thumb:

I have coffee and all is right with the world. :coffee: = :banana:

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    The rather general course of 'medicine' at university. I'm unsure as to which specific branch at the moment. And I'm still running out of time...

Played badminton outside the school today in the wind. Almost impossible to hit the shuttle, but it was good fun watching the looks we got from people who actually had classes. :cool:

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey, do you think neighborliness includes the use of the oven/stove?

We're living on peanut butter toast.

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I had this beautiful mane of hair, which kept tied back for practical reasons. Then I started wondering why am I growing all that hair if I keep it tied back all the time. When it was open it was on the way all the time, on top of that washing it takes a lot of time, not to mention the extra costs of all the conditioners and other stuff to manage it.

It was a cool thing to try, but a real nuicance. For one thing, I should've waited for it to dry after showers or blow-dry it. I tend to take a shower in the evening and I went to sleep with my wet hair all the time.

Then I found out that my pillows began to grow mold because of the excess moisture. :eek:

Guess what has happened to my hair now.
    Bye-bye, nuisance of a beautiful hair. :wave:

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Mine used to be past half of my back lenght-wise. When I got fedup, I picked up the clipper, shaved my head, then picked up the razor and shaved my head 8-ball smooth. It was a bit... traumatizing.

You'll get used to it, though.

6. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

@ Kuemper
    If your stove is on the fritz and this is a very temporary thing then I think it is OK as long as it isn't evey meal.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ahhh, hair... such a lovely thing. I am still traumatized by having cut mine off once... now I ha ve lovely below-my-shoulderblades hair.

I mostly don't bother drying it - jsut braid and bun it, and let it out when I have time to sit around with a towel on my shoulders :p

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Babble babble babble

All is well in the Land of Shellâ„¢

9. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

Glad to hear it Shell.

My work day is drawing to a close (75 min) and I will soon be home with my family. Life is good.

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    This is one of the things that you don't actually need to learn much about. Simply stay away. Preferably quite far away.

I have now entered mourning for Iku-Turso's hair.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ooh, we could be here all day listing other annoying speech habits like that! I'd probably offend a lot of people here by saying that near the top of my list is the phrase "You all" when only referring to one or two people. Maybe we need a separate thread.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My finger hurts :(

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey! Leave me outa dis, yah?. I got nothing ta do with them things!

I'll give it a try. It's not very special though:
    I'm going to work at a store that sells building material, tools, paint, toilets etc. It's called Praxis. I'll be a salesperson, but I'll also need to start to make a change in all things that are going wrong at the Wood/Build department. Keep the customers satisfied and informed if things turn ugly with, say, orders and deliveries.

The thing that gave me a boost was this. Praxis was looking for a smiling, outgoing, calm person with good social skills. There were an awful lot of candidates and they picked me. Sweet! :)
    Oh, how I love to brag. :shake:

You type too much :p

14. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Praxis?!? :toofar: I've had some bad experiences with the Praxis. You should've come work at the Praxis around here, because they can really use some social skills (especially the costumer service).

I hope your experience at the Praxis will be better than mine ;) . Cograts on your new job.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    There was a shooting in a Montreal's public college two dudes entered the place and started shooting people randomly. Wtf ? Really WTF??? :( more here

On a brigther note; I've bought a shiny new Black Nintendo DS lite :D

[ September 14, 2006, 01:10: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Holy cow! My milk goes bad today! :eek: :outta:

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've managed to turn being angry into an art form.

Off to the convenience store, I need some Khaos to chill out a bit. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:toofar: :toofar: :toofar: :toofar:

Double-meaning alert!

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    My husband got his cast of the day but he's still limping a lot.

I think all the hot days of summer are officially over. :sad: <-- I guess that isn't a smiley, but it makes sense that it could be.

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Is that your daughter? It is a very beautiful name. Unless of course it is your son. In which case, its very manly. :D

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Saber: Arlyn is my son. He was named after his grandmother, Arlyne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.