1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #67

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I don't mine hot weather, but what makes summer unbearable up in Quebec is the suffocating humidity. Dry heat is extremely bearable, but humid heat isn't. I've considered Arizona (weird to think that Hacken might end up being my neighbor someday) because it's dry heat, from what I've been told. But I prefer the climate said to be temperate of British Columbia. However, can't really move before school's done.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I like mid 20's (celcius). To me, that's just right.

But lately, the temperature gets up into the 30's, that's just miserable to work in...

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Alberta is pretty good if you don't like hot and humid. We do get some nice hot weather in the summer but the prairies make the air a lot drier. Also I think I prefer dry cold to humid cold. Humid cold has a way of piercing you right to the bone.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ironic that you mention that, Dfly, I intended to take a trip to see the Rockies maybe next summer. Maybe we could sip a few cold beers together? :D

6. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i just got the word, our teachers for the whole day is absent.... so school is no go today!! wooohoo!!!

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Dammit. I've got a mock exam today (French) which I have done NO REVISION FOR.

Daie is going to be killed. 2 1/2 hours of French? Shoot me now...

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Good Morning SP sadly the weather has been wetting and it's now greyie and a little shiny, but there's a prospect of bright and shiny later; see news at 11.

Hi Dfly :) all good here thanks, reminds me I must go to Canada one day to visit family.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Hmm, I've got to prepare for a debate this afternoon. I have to argue against Free SPeech.
    *chuckles* No problem.

10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    At the moment, I simply can't afford to do that, nor would I run off to somewhere freezing and leave all my friends behind. It's a nice thought though...

11. DarkStrider

It's funny how people who come up with such ideas forget about the money, job, friends, family aspects sometimes that are needed to make it happen. Personally I want to move back to a hot and dry climate again but just can't afford it ... yet

12. Daie d'Malkin

DS, have I got a deal for you! Time-share on a house in Baghdad! It'll be cheap enough.

13. DarkStrider

@Daie I ain't moving to any country where religion imposes on everyday life (live next to a mosque and hear the Imam's call to the faithful, or a church on a sunday to understand) or american soldiers are gaurding it (can you say friendly fire?).

14. Daie d'Malkin

In other news, Saturday sees my father return from his tour of Iraq.

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I love it when Pikachu gets fierce.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    They've recently come up with SQ, Spiritual Quotient, as in the spiritual counterpart of IQ. Except it's nine centuries old.

/me goes back to translating 12th century Latin stuff

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Morning people the temperature is sunny and hotish and I have a single class begening at 13h30. I also am hungry which is quite displeasent.

Did you know that a duck is made of wood therefore it can be set on fire?

18. DarkStrider

And it floats Ofelix... :D :rolling:

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Aye there's wisdom in that DarkStrider.

I'm an addict to editing! I've filmed a little party in my house recently and I'm making a funny lil movie with my Compy. It's funny how Mr. Camera ( Camcorder ) Can take Light and Audio waves and record it on a little magnetic tape. Then With Mr. Cable (my Firewire cable) I hook it to Mr. MainBrain ( Computer ). He now transform the occiliation on the magnetic tape into 0s and 1s in a convinient .Avi files. Now with Mr.Typing and Mr. Vision (keyboard and my monitor ). I can edit the film. When it is done Mr. Burn ( DVD burner) bruns it into a Digital Video disc. To be played into Mr. Movie ( Dvd player ) and be shown into Mr. Vision jr. ( a TV set ). Isnt it wonderfull?

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @DoTW - Cold beer is good but I much prefer "green tea" ;)

@Darkstrider - You have family in Canada? Which part?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.