1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #60

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I need lots of coffee too. My brain feels fuzzy.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My computer will be in the shoop till Mopnday t least and my internet is still spazzier than a puppy on speed.

:bang:

today is Not A Good Day

4. Disciple of The Watch

Hmm... pizza for supper tonight. nothing like pizza at 10h30pm.

[ February 03, 2006, 18:18: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

5. Dice

Media:
    Ever try pizza for breakfast? That is good too.

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Me likes cold pizza in 7AM :yum:
    /me hugs Ara cause she needs it :)

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Shell - kuemper was taken, so I tried under my hotmail nick (dancer5862). Weird because kuemper is unusual. Oh well, I'm sure everyone's kitties and puppies and turtles and other misc. photos are just nifty. :grin:

I plan on making meatloaf for supper. What we'll be eating depends on whether hubby gets to the bank before it closes. *checks clock* Doesn't look good. What am I talking about? My meatloaf doesn't suck! :lol:

8. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, cold pizza is pretty damn good. A good cure against hangovers :p

9. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Magpie, just keep an eye out for the 'enchanced visor'. I could hardly stop laughing after that one. Apparently soneone got KoTOR and some fantasy universe terribly confused while writing that game, and no one caught it.
    P.S. Dark Side Rocks: 'You do not understand the power of the Dark Side. I must obey my master.' :tie: :evil: :tie:

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy :beer:

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Undertaker:
    Ben Franklin, if I'm not mistaken. ;)

And now it's time for another edition of...
    WEIRD THINGS I SAW ON THE BUS
    You know you're in trouble when you get on the bus and see the driver talking on a cell phone. :eek: I couldn't concentrate on my story until I was sure she was completely done. Fortunately, today's part has been written since Wednesday, so I'm good on that score. Which reminds me, I should go post it... :rolling:

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Of course it's old Ben :D

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Damn, that's illegal here. It's enough to drop the phone or hear bad news to be shaken and poor quality plus external noise makes you concentrate on the phone instead of driving.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

@ DFly

Muchos, muchos coldes!

Just got back from an ethics conference. There was a big talk on abortions, and other topics that I swear were designed to make me uneasy.

Oh well, Philosophy and EThics is an uneasy subject, a mon avis

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I suppose there's no way seriously to approach ethics without approaching abortion. Skipping controversial subjects puts the purpose of teaching or even claiming ethics in question.

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hate my computer, buty love garlcic bread.

And I just realized I have worn my shirt inside out all day. Go me!

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Right now I'm having a kind of ... I don't even know how to put it into words.

I'm nay-saying myself. I know it's bad, and I know that I shouldn't do it, but that little voice in the back of my head that tells me that I can't do 'it' just won't shut up. As for what 'it' is, 'it' is a job. I know that I can go downtown today and get myself a job that will allow me to pay the bills. No biggie. But I don't want to do that. I want a job that I will actually like doing. Something with room for advancement. Something with a future. And there are several jobs that I can think of that would be perfect for me.

But then, I hear the voice. Saying constantly "Too much education is needed for that job" or "You can't do something foolish like that when you should be out there making money to support yourself".

I guess this could be a crisis of faith. Not faith in religion or faith in humanity, but faith in myself. Do I have what it takes to achieve my goals? Can I do this? And I am having one hell of a time trying to tell myself yes.

I mean, what makes me more special then the guy working at McDonalds or the girl who works at the gas station? Why should I get to achieve my goals when they (and I'm guessing here) have and may not. I'm not much smarter than your average guy. Nor do I think I am better looking or more talented. What makes me any different then the billions of other people in this world who will never achieve their dreams. Or meet their goals.

I'm just not sure anymore. I keep trying to tell myself I can do it. But I'm not sure I can. I know that I am supposed to ignore that negative voice in my head that tells be I'm not good enough. But how can I do that when it seems to be the loudest voice I hear?

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Please. You wouldn't believe the morons who get hired into positions in which they are completely incompetent around here. It's truly incredible. And they keep their jobs.

So, even if you are an incompetent moron, don't let that stop you from trying to get hired into a position you want.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Haha, thanks to a "snowstorm" I have no courses today!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

*EDIT* Hehe, I agree with you, BTA.

20. Dice

Media:
    Kuemper, maybe you weren't accepted because your name wasn't recognizable as from Sorcerers Place. Maybe you could try again with another version of Kuemper.

@Jaguar
    There are billions of talented people who never try to do anything with their talents. Maybe you want to be different from the people in this world who don't achieve their dreams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.