1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

OK. <thinking> Whatever possessed someone to pick a shrimp out of the water and eat it? Was is starvation or something more sinister?

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG] I hate everything!!! :flaming:

Two pr!cks almost ran into me; one on the way to volleyball, one on the way back. Add to that the a$$kicking we received courtesy of some ba$tard who decided that we needed a sixth member, but didn't pause to consider that we would have been much better off without the sucky ******-******. Just to give you an idea, on the first volley, he pegged the ref with the ball! And it went downhill from there. :flaming: The next jacka$$ who tries to join my team "impromptu" gets decked.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

And why did someone look at a chicken and decide to eat whatever came out of it's but, or look at a cow and decide to drink whatever came out of those dangly things at the bottom of it's belly?

I know that these aren't original, but Kuemper got me thinking...

Anyway, this has to be a new record for me on RB.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ok, BTA, I swear it is purely accident that I found this new RB. However:

Considering what humans have eaten down through the centuries I think that picking a shrimp and eating it was simple starvation. I happen to love shrimp and crawfish.

I have also decided to go with the name Dodger for my car. Good name. It fits.

However, BTA, I must ask this. I think when I post in the Alleys. I think really hard when I post in the RP Corner. I try to think when I post in the game forums. Can't I have one spot where my poor tired mind can go into low gear and gently coast down the rambling path to nowhere? Just asking.

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, I think that maybe I should start to actually do something with my life.

Maybe I'll give it a few more months. :heh:

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nakia, the trick to that is letting your mind coast to nowhere without making it look as if your mind is coasting to nowhere .......

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Shrimp are basically insects from water. Humanity would have never reached this point if they hadn't eaten insects at some stage. Actually insects are a high source of protien, generally plentiful, and easy to catch. Although I haven't eaten any intentionally (yet) I hear that some of them are quite pleasant tasting.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hum, no conversations here but I really think that all should be aware of my brilliant thoughts.

I really think that when one has managed to survive to my age, espcially without every being in prison or even arrested, they should be allowed to ramble and babble.

I rise up in revolt. I taught your blasted kids, kept your boring books, politely repaired your computer that you stupidly broke! I have a right to babble. Please note that you is not actually directed at anyone here. Lots of the people here weren't even born when I was doing those things.

By the way there is no reason why a car should have a name but I want one for my car. My very own car that I went out and purchased. Mine I say! Thank you, I feel better.

edit: See my post above for car name. It is a he.
    :hippy:

[ September 16, 2005, 05:33: Message edited by: Nakia ]

10. Dice

Media:
    Your going to name your car Nakia? Is it a he or a she?

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can babble all you want; just make this thread more interesting than the last several. :lol:

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, less comments about needing to go to sleep or needing to have some coffee would go a long way to achieving that. ;)

13. Nakia

Media:
    Thanks BTA, considering that in the past I have made only a few appearance in RB maybe I should come and liven things up a little. Women of SP I call upon you to unite and bring more spice to RB. We being the more intelligent sex :hahaerr: should be able to make something quite interesting out of this thread.

Thread...sewing, knitting. Oh, oh it's getting close to midnight my time. I get my most brilliant thoughts at this time. So why isn't something brilliant popping out?

I've eaten fried grasshoppers. Had to it was presented to me by a kindergarten student. It was either eat it or face the destain of a 4 year old boy. There is nothing as bad as a 4 yr old's destain.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The monkeys watched from the treetops as the lioness stalked her unsuspecting prey. She paused in the tall grasses of the plains, her hips wriggling with anticipatory delight over the thoughts of the kill. She gazed at the yearling zebra while it lapped at the watering hole. It was completely unaware of the danger lurking a mere fifty yards away.

The zebra's tail swished; the lioness sprang from her concealment.

Flashing lights blinded her. She skidded to a halt, shaking her head to clear her eyes of the spots. Confused, she slitted her gaze at the offenders: the monkeys, with their high-priced Nikons and paparazzi-zoom lenses.

She snarled in anger. The zebra had scampered to the safety of its herd, her morning meal snuggly hidden in the merging colors of black and white. The lioness growled and leapt toward the nearest tree, using her sharpened claws to tear pawholds into the decaying bark. Those monkeys were going to pay dearly.

BTA asked for interesting...Nakia, is this what you mean?

15. Nakia

Media:
    :lol: Oh kuemper, I love it. Priceless and fun to read.

The babbling brook raced and sang it's way to freedom. The river, it must reach the river. It glisten in the sunlight, sparkled with moonshine dripping from a mountaineer's still. Intoxicated it fell happily into the arms of the river.

The river glided placidly along. Suddenly it encountered rocks. Many rocks. A rapid formed. Churning and swirling until once more it was placid and tranquil as it moved to the ocean. The mighty ocean. The land of all free water.

Well I tried.

16. Dice

Media:
    Interesting is in the eye of the beholder isnt it? I mean I could read and write about modern and ancient art history all day and I'd find it pretty interesting but I'm not sure everyone else would.

Actually there were a lot of really crazy artists is our history. Lead in the oil-paint might have had something to do with some of them.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ha! I managed to creep on to the first page! :banana: That hasn't happened in awhile.

Geeze, my hands, arms, and back hurt from this new job. Oh well...what doesn't quite kill me, might make me stronger...I think... :confused: :rolling:

18. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I just dropped of a movie at the wrong rental place... into the drop bin. Luckly the employees were paying close attention(bored outta their minds) and one essentially grabbed it on the inside as it fell into the return box and ran it outside to me... where i, embarrassed as hell, took it back. Never done that before... i blame it on age... ive begun the long descent into dotteringdom :geezer:

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I had the most bizarre dream last night.

I dreamt I was part of an airplane hijacking team - the guy who was supposed to fly the damn thing! The whole thing was pretty much from 1st person, but it's after I'm flying the 'plane it gets weird.

For some reason, just off the cockpit was a giant, trapezoid frying pan where a middle-aged woman was cooking pork chops to feed the hijackers.

:nuts:

I remember my pork chop being quite tasty, though. :lol:

20. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

If a cat always falls on its paws, and toast always falls on the buttered side...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.