1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #36

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hands Jag a roll of clear wrap*

That clingy enough? :D

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Sarevok

good luck with the de-tox.

ive been getting drunk everyday for the past hmm 10 days i think :/

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My parents go away today and won't return till next week sunday! Party party time :) .

On a sidenote: Wednesday13 is cool....

5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

[​IMG]
    As you can well see, no I did not make it. :shake:

I managed to do quite a lot of reading, I'm still behind in my readings though and will have to do some serious selfwhipping to get it all done in time.

I could not stay away from the 1st of may party though!...and my computer my sweet lovely computer...

*hugs his computer for several minutes eventually finding out that everyone stares at him*

*cough* Did I allready mention I came back for the 1st of may party? :shake:

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well I am handsome, and somewhat tall, so I have a head start compared to Jaguar?

7. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Today is not a good day!

8. Arabwel

Media:
    *Snicker*

May of first sucks. Last time I did anything resembling celebrating, I got nearly thrown out of a McDonalds for being drunk - when I was stone cold sober.

(Wasn't mmy fault I couldn't see where I was going!)

And Ofelix? Define "Somewhat tall" :p

9. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

How tall are you ara?

10. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

@Ara

What is the significance of May 1st? Is it anything like "Cinco de Mayo" that Hispanics celebrate?

11. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ofelix -

Hah... I've spent the better part of ten years learning the horrors of French grammar. Paid off though - I'm off to Oxford in September to learn yet more! But French does seem to actually follow its rules more often than not, unlike the wonderful mongrel language that is English. (I love it really.)

I'd always imagined English to be very difficult to learn as a second language; I'd been told as much a few times. I can't say I find French difficult (I love a good negative antecedent imperfect subjunctive structure now and then) but languages is my thing.
    I have to agree with your teachers here; I mean, you say quench! And nay! Splendiferous words. Now you just need to adopt skullduggery, verisimilitude, and serendipitous into everyday use. Oh, and bollards, as in "What a load of ~," said when walking down an appropriate street.

@Ara
    Tall (6'3"), dark, insecure quiet type. (Except when rabbiting about languages.)
    Clingy people welcome.

12. Arabwel

Media:
    *giggle*

@Shirkant: I'm 5'9-ish, or 176cm, whatever works.

@ El TItor: Basically, May 1st is a day when we celebrate and get drunk. Supposed to be about weorkers and gradsuatres, or something, buit mostly it is an excuse to drink.

@ Rhetorical Question: Hmm,. I usually prefer confidence, but... how old are you? :D

And no, i am NOT trying to turn RB in to my personal dating service :p

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My school has sunk to new lows. We are now have corporate sponsors. On one wall of our sixth form (last 2 years of school/college) common room (general meeting place) we have a metal frame which originally contained the phrase 'Watch this space'. A few days ago it was changed. Now we have a T-mobile advertising poster thing (the same size as the ones at bus stops) adorning our walls. Wonde how much our school got paid for that... sellouts.

14. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

Why not? Wordsmith tried it
    here...

Can't say if it worked, though... :)

And I'm 17; not off to uni 'til september... soon, though, very soon.

I'm working on a bit of a tongue-in-cheek PS:T tribute story at the moment... it's turning into a small epic; I couldn't bring myself to leave Sigil when I got there. I'll have to post it when I'm done, but that could take a while...

hmm.. if it's 'exclusive content' and a half-decent story, does that count as avatar-material? ;)

15. Arabwel

Media:
    *guiggle*

Sorry, RQ, you're out of the running - I prefer my guys to be older :p

16. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Bad luck, Rhetorical Question! ;)

17. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

There was a running?
    I should pay closer attention...

Perhaps I should go for the deep-space lion-taming interior designer line next time...

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ahhh Damn I even younger wait! I'll be 17 in august...

Well Somewhat tall is 185 cm. It is somewhat tall.

Nay friend, English isn't tough to learn. Well in written form. Speaking is another thing. The hardest sound to mimic are (to me and the vast majority of french speakers)

Th - most people only hear a ''d'' or a ''t''
    W - I dunno, it's just hard
    Ow - same as above
    Gh(t) - Most people only hear ''t''

So thought would be hearded like ''Tout'' by the people who aren't used to hear english.

And the hardest word to pronounce in english is..... World

Arrgh what are those sounds anyway?

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Don't forget "u". Never heard a French speaker pronounce it correctly. :p

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've seen a few training videos of French students doing English... eating up the h can be a world of fun when you're talking about such things as the heating system. Frankly, I consider catching all of that on tape to forever display to students of English cruel and unusual. Well, for that French guy at least. Sure as hell made us laugh. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.