1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #21

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why don't you tell us the short version of the story takara? Although I've never heard of it I'm kinda curious now.

2. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Under circumstances I shall not describe here, I have landed in hospital last night...
    There I have been diagnosed, among other things, with chronic nervous depression.

Never thought of myself as that f*cked up.
    I mean, I do have ups and downs but I'm not a suicidal-prozac-craving person...
    Weird.

There you go, another mentally unstable member of SP! ;)

[ April 13, 2004, 09:37: Message edited by: Lady Luthien ]

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Gah, what do doctors know? A lot more than me probably.

4. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    @Dragonfly and Sarevok Anchev. The short version:
    There was this farmer in ireland who was known for growing prize winning turnips. One year he had a bad drought and was dismayed to see very few of his turnips had grown. There was one however that had a nice head, poking out of the ground. So when he thinks it's ready he goes over to pull it out. No matter how hard he tugs, the turnip just wont come out of the ground. So the farmer's wife comes along and holds onto him and they tug together. Still the turnip just wont come out. So they get the farmer's horse and they all tug together, but STILL the turnip wont come out. So in the end they have the farmer, his wife, his horse, all his children, and all his neighbours tugging on this turnip, and eventually it comes free. The farmer was astonished because it was THE most gigantic turnip in the world. :)
    The story has some cool illustrations with it.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH! :bang:

Midterms are driving me crazy! I've been studying for months, and now, one day before the test, I find out there's all kinds of things that weren't covered in the lessons NOR my literature studies. And I just can't grasp any of it. The normal stuff had me breaking my head over it already.

So that cues all kinds of doubt feelings, making me consider dropping out if I don't finish my entire second year by the end of summer. (I'm officially in my 3rd year now) I've always had to work hard to keep up, but I just can't keep up anymore. Ergh. :(

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'm almost finished with my assignments...woo hoo!!! :roll: :roll:

Four days of Easter hols salvaged!!!

Too much caffeine....must log off now!! :p

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I really shouldn't be here right now...my most important exam of this past year is tomorrow at 9am, I don't know any of the material and I haven't started studying...

@Luthien - Sucks to hear girl...but for what it's worth, welcome to the club... :wave:

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I can see clearly now the rain is gone....

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I can see all obstacles in my way

10. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@ Luthien, me fair lady

Never fear - we are all messed up.
    Hold on tight there.

11. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

It's past 6:30pm here, and I still haven't started studying....the odds are looking decidedly unfavourable....on a related note, I'm tying my shoe laces into a noose as we speak, with the intention of hanging myself quite dramatically....all I need is another 3000 pairs of shoe laces and I should be set...oh, and I need to learn how to tie a noose...and for that matter, I need to become significantly more suicidal...so essentially, I just completely lost my train of thought...and now I'm so confused, I don't know where I am or what my name is...

EDIT: And that's random babbling (possibly with some sense!)...

12. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Kinda wasted right now. Tomorrow will likely be worse. :hippy:

@Lulu: Wish you well! (no drugs or such I hope?)

13. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Would you like to know my 1337 cure for depression? Get up very early in the morning and go take a walk.

14. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Oxymore, you have no idea how jealous I am of you right now.

Yay, only 12 hours till my exam, time to start studying....or not, whatever....studying sucks

EDIT: Time's running short...only 9 hours to go, and I've managed not to study at all...I'm beginning to consider giving myself a hernia...or a third..I mean SECOND personality... :hahaerr:
    Whew...that caffeine sure is getting to me... :coffee: ...if I'm lucky, I'll be able to stay up ALL night studying...and then fall asleep during my exam...or better yet, study the wrong material, and fail the exam anyway...

Hmm...this post is making less and less sense as I go...let's hope my exam goes a little differently... :xx:

EDIT 2: :lol: I was browsing the Whatnots Archive (while looking for info about my politics course, naturally) and stumbled upon what happens to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read. Sorry Admins/Mods, I've got to post the link, it's SOOO funny (err, IMHO of course).

[ April 14, 2004, 07:34: Message edited by: Faerus Stoneslammer ]

15. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Best of luck Faerus, u can do it all right.
    ;)

16. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Thank you Lady!
    Best wishes are greatly appreciated.
    /me bows deeply, brushing his fake beard on the dusty floor of his room.

To be honest, it's gonna take more than luck for me to do anything other than fail this exam miserably...and I'm not referring to "studying"...more like, "divine intervention" or some such :p

17. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

@ Faerus,

Casts: *Luck*
    *Bless*
    *Full Restoration*
    *Improved Invisibility* (so you can cheat away unnoticed)

Oh, and Book of Intelligence +1 :book: .

Preparations completed, you are now ready for battle! :thumb:

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Stop that you two shameless flirts. :nono: :D

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The Force is strong with you, but you have not seen a shameless flirt yet :shake: :grin: ;)

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Coffee before flirt, errr... business!

/me turns his noble face and directs his wise yet no less daring sight whereat the coffee expresso dwells

Chaaaarge!

:tie:

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Easter is over now. It's ages before the next public holiday. Not until June.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.