1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #14 - In Memory of Tobias

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] The postman just rang at my door to hand me the copy of Planescape:Torment I bought from one of these wonderful auction sites... I can finally play this game again! It seems I will do some serious procrastinating today :D

"By knowing the teachings of Zerthimon, I have become stronger..."

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Argh! The intrigue of #sorcerers is killing me! (or slowly driving me insane, either way works)

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No nightmare for me this night. Freaking peaceful sleep. I'm only given such sleep when bad times approach in quick pace. Shortly ago I received an ambiguous message that is driving me insane - it may be the best news or the worst, there's nothing in the middle. I had to put all emotions aside, same to feelings etc, and load myself with coffee etc and concentrate on my brains for daily operation. I can go like this for a few days, perhaps even up to twenty if I increase coffee intake, get some possibly unimportant and irrelevant distraction... so long as focus of mind isn't required. Bad, bad. I've only had three such 'marathons' so far, and I know how they end. Everything would be good. Even a language course, or maybe a strategy game. Preferably mediaeval-style fencing, but there are no volunteers. Bad, bad times are coming.

/me prepares for a cold war in his real life

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

* Aikanaro supplies The Knights of the Everful Chalice with weapons and ammunition, then sells them to his opposition.

Gotta make some profit y'know? :p

5. chevalier

Media:
    In real life, where I am, there's only one: myself. At least a ranking one. Heh, this will surely require some tricks you don't give away to passers-by and don't teach to rookies :rolleyes: I guess I'll end up voice-training quite soon, again. Where was that ancient Greek manual... some Latin poetry, perhaps, too. Hmm... should stop drinking milk or cream. It must be clean and must not falter. Nothing can be done about pale looks so everyone will notice, but I can live with that. Hmm... maybe if I keep around the right people and ignore the rest... Perhaps. Wonder what my condition will be at the upcoming big law studies party/ball, however you name it. Seen worse, but I can't afford tarnishing my legend by refusing a drink.

[ September 30, 2003, 15:04: Message edited by: chevalier ]

6. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Balls suck. We hav been forced to been on some and those suck. They're like so stupid.

I killed everybody in SMAC yesterday.

I feel like an elf on crack.

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Tomorrow is the last exam before November (it's history :eek: )

Our RPG group is alive again, after two months, and we got more players. We will play either D&D or Middle-Earth :)

8. chevalier

Media:
    I need coffee. Hmm... what will it be... Yea, orange coffee. Sure.

Not so bad. Unfortunately this is not the best orange liquor one could get, but still.

Must go buy some vanilla some day. Still have cardamon, cinnamon, cloves etc. At least.

Ewww, no, actually this isn't good coffee. Need another one!

I feel like I could use some sleep. But it's only 5:37 pm and I got up at noon after 10 hours of sleep, so wtf am I sleepy? :(

9. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I don't know if I could call my dreams (two cuz I woke up once before going back to sleep or not) I watched Inuyasha last night (still haven't missed a single episode since they started showing it on Cartoon Network :D -- even when at my grandparents) and I think that affected my dreams because there was definitely something about Miroku in it... That and a beach. Oh and at the same time I was thinking about how I don't want to go to Homecoming this year (even though it's like required of color guard) so in my dream there was this semi-formal dance going on and I was on the outside watching them in jeans, a tshirt, and a discman, and then as I was quite content to watch some younger boys jumped a fence and were hugging me all like, "We're so glad you could come!!" and then pulled me into the dance itself where all my closer friends seemed to see me as something close to invisible. Oh and then later on there was this Carribbean - Zorro thing. That was weird. Yeah so too many fictional characters mixed up in the real world. Dream? Nightmare? You decide. . .

10. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Why is it you always know full well when you're in a period of depression, but you're almost oblivious to your own periods of happiness?

There's no new religion, there's no real solution. I will not miss her.

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Lethargy/sleepiness despite having many hours of sleep could be due to what Yerril said.

However, I've found that there is a more mundane reason for it. Try some exercise. It'll probably tire you out even more but your energy/alertness level should be much better the following day.

(Provided you get enough sleep again, that is!)
    :p

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I just spent four hours on one homework :sleep:

Never again...

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Damn ****ing Windows XP is such a ****ing pile of ****ing ****!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! I hate it!! Just destroyed three hours work for no ****ing reason!!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Funny... XP has been great for me so far. Check the front page.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Errare humanum est

just remember that

16. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Which means?

[WILD GUESS]Something like, it's human error?[/WILD GUESS]

17. chevalier

Media:
    "To err is human"

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I though it meant ¨The error is human¨?!

DOH! and the other hand, ¨err¨ that meant nothing!

19. chevalier

Media:
    What nothing? To err is a normal verb, to make errors, or stray. Errare is also a verb, in infinitive (-are is the infinitive ending).

Ah, ah, soon I'll be tutoring again! Those poor creatures taking legal Latin course :evil: But if there's enough of them, I won't charge too much.

Fortunately I also live close to an elementary school and something like Junior High, hehe.

Women cost you, you know ;)

20. Ofelix

Media:
    well I just looked at the dictionary and I've founded this quote and the translation was ¨The error is human¨

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.