1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #11

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] and make his throat full of gall!

goooooooooph!!! come back this instant!

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I remember the butchering sessions in my highschool. Sometimes we used simple skirmishers and pikemen when all gold had been drained. I remember a battle at a bridge where there was a hundred of those on each side and reinforcements ariving all the time. I was quite wise to upgrade them rather than create the last bunch of powerful units. Ultimately I won, but it wasn't a jolly ride. Crecy tactics worked nice too, with some modification. Knights ride into the guy's camp and butcher what they can. When they find some resistance, they flee. Of course, in the direction they flee there's a nice detachment of archers. The enemy still doesn't suspect anything - just a nice target, 1000 worth of resources to dispatch quickly. Baaam! Archers spread their ranks and it stops being a tale of glory for the enemy party. The knights move through and all the units ordered to attack them follow. Then the knights form a line and the archers move through them, leaving the melee. So soon as they're pretty safe, they fire arrows. Sorry pal, unit production is not everything :D

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Who else is bored silly?

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] *raises hand*

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm not bored - I had a REALLY cool day.

We had this massive water fight! It was Hannah, Hannah and I, the Hannahs' got me so wet I couldn't go back into the house, Hannah and Hannah got to go in and get changed though, because they were staying, I had to wait about 3 minutes until my mother came to pick me up after work.

Over two hours later... still not dry properly!

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

blah.

*Puts her hand up too*

7. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I have a close friend who cannot seem to get along with her boyfreinds. She sends days planning how to get them, wins them over, but then gets instantly bored because they're not crazy enough, or they do what she says too much, or they don't call her enough.

However, to take advantage of this situation, I am making a list of all the faults she has found so far. I can then either use it to my own gains ;) , or sell it to some poor sucker. :D

Anyways, work tomorrow, after holiday. Boooring.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The weather has improved so much since yesturday.
    Yesturday we had strong winds, it was pouring with rain, and it was cold.
    Today is typical summer weather...

9. chevalier

Media:
    I am bored and reasonably silly. I think I'm quite wise, therefore I must be silly ;)

Damn, it sucks if you have nothing to do. I learn languages out of boredom. I wonder how many I'll speak when I finally kick the bucket.

Coffee! I need coffee! But it's 1:44 am, so I'd better not have one.

Damn, I need some social interaction - I've almost un-learnt to speak :lol: :shake: :lol:

OK, let's check how good she is at chess... Or maybe she would prefer to dance or something? Nah, chess rule.

10. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@Chev,

None. Dead men don't talk, so they say.

:)

11. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Summer is almost over for me...

12. chevalier

Media:
    Heh, they got me up before nine today on Saturday! Of course, I haven't really woken up yet... I wonder how much it will take.

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Bored...

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    There are two reasons I want to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp ;)

15. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Bored. Snoring. Awful f'cking day.

Sweden suXX0rz, don't ever come here to enjoy the good food, the traditions or our rich culture.

Today Song: The Clash - Somebody got Murdered

I hate. Everything.

16. Rotku

Bledisloo and Trinations. :D :grin: :shake: :roll: :rolling: :spin: :D

Now just the World Cup to go

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It is hard to fight a war if the opposition fails to show up. :nolike: :doh: :nolike:

18. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

@ Chev

Got some tips man!?!
    Ive started playing agaist the comp at the hardest level and hope to defeate it in a couple of weeks.
    I mean this is what i was up against:

Random armies on both sides, Random 3 player map, population limit 150, fast game speed, No cheats, Race tech tree, Standard victory
    11 mins: Feudal age
    24 mins: Castle age
    37 mins: Imperial age

How the hell does one go up against that?

19. chevalier

Media:
    I can beat any and all of those age upgrade times, but it's not the most important thing when you enter the next age, but how you are prepared for it. 20 peasants in Dark Age for good wholesome development, 15 for quick advancement (you need to be very quick about your mouse and think even faster if you want this one). Sheep if you have them, game meat if available in your nearest vicinity, farms only after the first upgrade, but at least three or four immediately when you have it. You will need your meat, so your military will consist of archers - exclusively. If possible, use the archers to attack rather than defend, but if the enemy isn't close enough or if you don't know when he is at all, then build walls and gates (don't be too greedy about the land or you won't handle it) while going to castle age ASAP. Now upgrade your archers to crossbowmen immediately. If you're attacking, upgrade their reach and armour (you will need a second blacksmith). Now build a monastery and start hoarding relics (your scout's main duty is to find them). Your next priority is training some knights to aid the archers, whether they attack the enemy or defend your base. If you're not attacking, you'll need two or three castles, but build only one, in a carefully chosen place, if you don't know from which direction your enemy prefers to attack. Imperial age is secondary concern, especially if you're attacking, but the first thing to do is to upgrade your farms, then crossbowmen (to arbalests) if available, and knights to cavaliers. Exception from this queue is only one: if the guy has walls that delay you and you need trebuchets ASAP or if you're in the middle of his base and two or three trebuchets ASAP will assure your victory. Not a bad idea to order a monk there too, to heal your troops. If you're lucky enough to have plenty of gold from relics, you can get another monk. The rest depends on you. Personally, I prefer two detachments of maximally upgraded archers, one mobile detachment of knights (split in two miniature detachments if they need to go catapult hunting), three or four trebuchets and as many monks as possible within the range 1-4.

If the map has too much water for your liking, you had best be quick with your landborne rush. If not, you need fireships to protect yourself (upgraded to fast fireships ASAP). Later, you might use this force to distract the enemy's navy while you salt the earth of his coastal region. If you can afford them, cannon galleons are a good choice, since they're less vulnerable than trebuchets and can destroy fortifications as well. Note: trebuchets are better if he has a really good navy or too many pesty monks that would convert your ships. Cannon galleons are also good in conjunction with a transport ship containing 2-4 monks and some soldiers - you quickly cannon down the enemy's monastery with relics (it's flagged while an empty one isn't), land your troops, grab the relics and run like hell from there.

20. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Went to a cool party last night, though my shirt smells like archers and I had to leave at 10 because I had to get a lift back because I had work today which meant I couldn't stay over, dammit :( In 742 days I will be 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.