1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #11

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Now this question:

It is time to choose a world leader and your vote is decisive, here are the three candidates

A: Has connections with left politicians and frequently consults astrologists about important decisions.
    He has two lovers, is a heavy smoker and drinks 8 to 10 glasses Martini a day.
    B: Has been thrown out of the government two times, sleeps untill midday and used opium in his collegeyears.
    Is a heavy drinker of Whiskey.
    C: Is a beloved hero, vegetarian, doesn't smoke nor drink. Is perfectly faithfull to one and the same partner.

Which candidate do you choose?

Reply with the answer please, I will post them soon.

PS: If you got your vote and the corresponding name, please dont say the name.

[ August 09, 2003, 01:13: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I don't trust weird hippie vegetarian non-smoker/drinkers. So not C.

3. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

B is tempting. Because it sounds familar. Habits of a suicidal lord. After washing all that aristocratic nonsense out, propably useful.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    @Splunge and Sir Bel: I love you guys, too. :p No, NOT Endora - but I can wiggle my nose like Samantha did!

@Morgoth - I think I remember who A and B are, but I'm drawing a blank on C...

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Rally - Please don't tell us it's Doris Day :eek: You just seem a bit too much - well - "non-goody-goody" for that (and, no, that's not an insult)

@ Morgoth - Hmm:
    A: I don't like martini's - NO
    B: I had a really bad experience with whisky (we call it rye here) a long time ago - NO
    C: No beef? How's he gonna help our troubled Canadian beef industry? NO NO NO !!
    *waiting for 'D'*

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Splunge: No, it was Marlo Thomas of "That Girl." Thank GOD my husband isn't Phil Donaue!

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK, last guess - Florence Henderson (Brady Bunch) (but that may be more from the '70's). Either that or Janis Joplin :cool:
    Have to go; dinner's waiting (pizza :thumb: )

8. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Morgoth

Candidate C wouldn't get my vote under any circumstances (I know who this bastard is :D ). As for candidate B, I wouldn't vote for him either, if he is the one I think he is (does his surname begin with a C?). I would choose candidate A, he isn't exactly my taste but I prefer him than B or C (yep I know who he is too).

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I just wouldn't vote.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Morgoth - Well I don't like vegetarianism so that rules out C. I don't approve of drug use or sleeping in that late so that rules out B.

That leaves A. Well Canada's first Prime Minister was notorious for being frequently drunk and one of our better (or at least most well known) Prime Ministers was rumored to have held seances so it sounds like with A you are getting two for the price of one. :thumb:

11. Splunge

Media:
    @ Rally - OK, I was kinda hoping you'd change your answer and confirm Joplin, but I guess I can accept Marlo Thomas. :p
    j/k - In the words of Billy Crystal, I bet that "Yooo look maaahvelous" :)

Goin' to the lake tomorrow - sun, sand and beer (and not necessarily in that order). Life doesn't get much better :thumb:

12. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I want a frog

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Okay okay, darn :p

Here are the answers

A: Franklin F. Roosevelt
    B: Winston Churchill
    C: Adolf Hitler

Next question!
    If you knew a pregnant woman, who was already mother of eight kids, from which 3 are deaf, two are blind and 1 has a mental handicap.
    Plus she has syphilis, would you advise her to abort her pregnancy?

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I know that one, too... :p

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Morgoth, I know that one too. I'd never advise aborting pregnancy unless there were many kids and not all could survive or perhaps the mother had children already and her life were seriously endangered.

Besides, none of the three bastards got my vote because:

1. I don't believe in voting.

2. I don't vote bastards. Ergo, I don't vote at all in any Polish elections above limited local stage ;)

And now... now... I must go... I must submerge my whole self in my coffee with vanilla ice-cream... Tender but not soft, cool but not dispassionate, vigorous but not boorish, alluring but not loose, giving but not conceding, full of desire but not of debauchery and corruption, delicious but not candyish, finely crafted (hey, I made it myself!) but free of conceit... Shouldn't I marry my coffee? :lol: :D :lol:

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And I want to give you a frog, water, a bottle, some matches, and a torture cabinet. :p

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I wan't to beat someone up. I am so bored I just want to be really destructive. Instead I just have to sit here in my room.

stuck for the weekend with bugger all to do, two people I hate being together who keep bossing and bullying me.

So I am stuck on my PC, hardly anything to do. So I'm going to try and complete some stories I've started (all 13 of them +1 trilogy) And I'd like to get started on the Chapter 3 mod for BG2, but nobodies replied to the topic for ages.

18. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'm going to a great party in just one hour. You guess I'm going to have fun :) My first party in months!

Come and beat me up, please :D

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Daephon, you *want* to be beaten up?? :hmm:

I've found an even better way is to play with the knives in the kitchen... where's that scars topic when you need it?

I managed to get an avacado while I was there too :thumb:

20. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

:nono: Only play with knives if theres an adault in the same room :nono: :D This is my last weekend before school starts :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.