1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I am still most impressed with the earplug set. They allow me to listen to music while working down my routine stuff that requires nothing but concentration and little thinking and they excel at blending out ambient noise. I can hear the music quite clearly even at volume 1, which was barely audible before. At volume 3 it was almost a little too loud for working. I now even hear that I converted some of my m3's poorly. And that is the same mp3 player I used before, it's just the new earplugs ...

:rolling: Marvels, marvels everywhere :rolling:

2. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Decados!

what a brilliant idea!

and truly yes, good ear plugs are a very important thing, though i tend to use the big things that sit around your ears and have a bar holding them over your scalp? what's the english word for that?
    i just got a pair of sennheiser HD 555, and i think they'r pretty good

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Balle, headphones? I use them too, much more comfortable. Mine are Skullcandy Hesh. They're kind of hard to carry around compared to smaller H/Ps or earplugs, but have a better sound.

4. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    A vote for (huge) headphones here too. I use them whenever I can (mostly because they shut out ambient noise more completely then earplugs, or that's at least the feeling I get) and since my laptop has rather bad speakers, I use earplugs a lot too.

Heh, sometimes I just put the headphones on, without playing music, games or anything - they give me an excellent feeling of isolation when I'm writing, thinking or revising. Silly, I know.

5. Balle Gems: 19/31

Trellheim: yes it was indeed headphones i was searching for. i tend to forget the word as there is no distinct word for them in danish i think, everything you wrap around/in/on your ears is called headphones.. i think it is the equivalent of earphones/hearphones or something in the likes of that

in other news: stupid f in sml! i can't get the simplest of tasks to work in it!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I tend to find that earplugs shut out ambiance better because they shoot their sound directly where it needs to go (so more of overpowering ambiance I guess). I do like headphones more though, it's a pity my brother essentially stole mine. The one big benefit to plugs though is that they are much more comfortable than my (HUGE) headphones, while wearing glasses (as I do at nights rather than contacts).

In other news... I love Tuesdays. I get to sleep in till about 10:00, go to a a 10:35 class (Colonial Latin American History) then I'm done BEFORE noon. So, I've pretty much had a four day weekend. Yay.

7. Balle Gems: 19/31

@chickenisgood

why do you prefer wearing glasses at night rather than contacts?
    because of humidity?

on a somehwat related note: my gf is like a strength 12 or something, so she is totally blind when she aint wearing contacts or glasses.
    i tried them on a couple of times and it hurts like hell in the eyes, and you can't see anything

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I'm wearing contacts and it becomes more difficult to focus with contacts when I am tired. I don't have that problem with my glasses. I'm strength 8 btw.

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Maltesers are dangerously addictive.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

This perticular Crackberry is a dinosaur -- I'm just waiting to have some cash stashed aside to get a new one.

ION, the refreshing buzz has fizzled... and I officially hate my job.

11. Balle Gems: 19/31

@Morgoth: i see..

nothing much to do here, just passed midnight, still can't do it right in sml...

thinking about getting an ice cream, but freezer is all the way in the kitchen

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It's kind of the same thing as Morgoth said, when I get tired I have to start straining to focus, and so I squint a lot. It's the worst with a computer screen, for some reason it's worse than a TV or a book with that. Overall, my eyes just get to relax more with glasses.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Loreseeker - Has anyone kicked you yet? Raphaelos, BTW, are a great white chocolate confection. :yum: I bought some once and my husband hated them which is even better.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I guess I didn't handle last night's walking as well as I thought I did. Slept most of today to recover...

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've actually thought about that...but I wasn't sure what the Pink Dragon™ would think of me posting a bunch of artistic pictures with blurry girls...so I decided not to even risk it.

Speaking of earphones, I've found that the $49 pair of Sony headphones (MDR-EX51) I've been using for awhile now are the best noise-reducing ear-bud style headphones for under $100. They've got pretty good bass response too. :D

In other news, I went in to school today to get my books for new quarter, and since there wasn't anyone in the geek lab...I decided to take advantage of the photo plotter they have in there...however, when I went to open the Illustrator file, I was confronted with a nag screen that said the school's licensing has expired! So my vision of a "Wall of Wife" in my garage has been delayed once again, all because the IT guy didn't re-image the computers with the right CD key. :flaming: I might just have to wait until the end of next quarter to print them out because there's no way in hell I'm paying a couple hundred bucks to having them printed when I can do it for free...might as well put my tuition to good use. :D :rolling:

16. Loreseeker

Media:
    D-fly: Nope, haven't been kicked yet. Probably deserved it, though. :p

The Raphaelos were home-made but still :yum:. My mom makes them from time to time. I wonder if I can dig out the recipe...

ION: Only a week or so before RL hits me with all its might - faculty, lab, etc... I'm sad and happy at the same time.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    /me packs up kick and sends it by SPPS (Sorcerer's Place Package Service) to Loreseeker. :p

18. Loreseeker

Media:
    Montresor: Awh, I didn't know you cared about my academic life. :p

/me writes "return to sender" on the kick package, then ships it off through SPPS.

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Ouch! I suddenly wish I'd kicked a little gentler. :D

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Wow, 12 is really bad. My eyesight isn't what you'd call good, but I'm (thankfully) nowhere near there. Yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.