1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Insomnia Gnarf? There is nothing worse than lying in bed wishing you could sleep but not being able to get there. I don't usually have a problem with that but in the last month or so I have been. Thinking about how tired you are going to be the next morning if you don't sleep doesn't help either.

2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Typing text messages on the cell phone - I've realised just how much I hate doing it - and how slow it is, (well, when I do it, at least).

/me hugs her PC keyboard

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Gnarf and Dragonfly, I hear you. I don't get insomnia every night thankfully but it happens frequently enough. Went to bed at midnight last night and was still awake at 3am. Needless to say I'm not feeling at my best today.

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Jump through hoops? Shoot laser beams? Cool.

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't know if I should tell Kitrax this ;) but with the right equipment that should be possible. Of course, to do this "the right equipment" means more than just LEDs and electrical wire.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/looks at Crackberry

:D

ION, I got paid $12 an hour to do almost squat because my boss decided to make me work the night before Labor Day.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @Dfly: :skeptic:

I haven't taken the microprocessors class yet...I'm only up to the 2nd digital electronics class....but yeah, I'm planning on taking those 5 circuits and combining them into a single processor chip once I've learned how. ;)

In other news, we had a shoot at the salt flats again, and I was able to take some sweet photos...Have a look. :D Unfortunately, because there were several half-naked models running around, that's the only picture I can post of that shoot. :rolleyes: :rolling:

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Lovely picture there Kit. Shame about the others not being possible to post. ;)

9. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I'm BAAACK!:wave:

Gone since July 16, it says in the welcome box. I did indeed get to spend a lot of time away from work, but not the whole six weeks, unfortunately; I came back twice for major crises, in the third and alas sixth week.

Things that happened to me:
    1. The antenna to my ancient cell phone broke off. Just as well, the contract's up and I want to dump Verizon anyway because they . . . because.
    2. I got bitten by a spider :jawdrop: and had my forearm swell up and turn red on a Saturday at the beach, mind you, but found, thank the Deity, an urgent care center open at 3:30 PM and went on 'roids for a week.
    3. While at the beach :jawdrop: (again) I lost my drawers in a wave. Did not know it until my sister yelled at me "Pull up your pants!" Turned around to see many beachgoers in the "Home Alone" pose - hands clutching sides of face in horror. Not pretty when it's an old lady like me, boys and girls. Still ...:lol:
    4. Got to visit with my now twenty-something niece and nephew. :) All I can say is, they are way younger than me and they like me anyway!

Well, some of the things anyway. I am clueless about SP right now but will browse around the next couple of days and find out what's going on.

Good to be back, and prayers for all those in Gustav's path.

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    It was nothing difficult. The LEDS were connected to output ports and I wrote in C (and 2 lines of assembler) a tiny program that set the individual pins of the ports. I'm quite sure that setting all the gates was more difficult than what I had to do ;)

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nothing that a few minutes of Photoshopping (blur or whatever) couldn't fix. ;)

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Heya Tal, when are you going to open up that 18+ forum? Then he wouldn't need to photoshop. Although I imagine that if he did 'fix' the pics then they might lose a lot of appeal for the viewers. Personally I'm not that much interested in female wiggly parts anyway but I bet there are a lot of people here who are.

@ Revmaf - WELCOME BACK :) :roll: Very funny about losing your bottoms in the water. That's classic.

13. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

what D-fly, you've never seen the moon rise out of the ocean before?:p

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Was able to handle a surprising amount of walking this afternoon. But I'm still a long way from recovered...

15. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    revmaf: Welcome back! :)

Kit: Great photo.

Disciple: Nice Crackberry. :p
    Still, I find phone keys too tiny to type on with pleasure. Computer ones are more like it.

ION: No more Raphaelos in the fridge. It's true, all sweets perish quickly.

In Other, Other, News: I put up a "Kick me if I'm daydreaming" sign on the door to my room, hoping to improve my learning efforts.
    Result: I'm here, the sign is there. :p

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I've launched my career as a two-penny poet writing lyrics for a sleazy rock n' roll group I was a singer back in 2002.

They're good enough guys and it's all about sex n' drugs n' rock n' roll, so I don't have to strain my rhyming muscles too much. We'll see if they can make something out of my words... :rolleyes:

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hah.I got myself a new set of earplugs for my old Creative mp3 player. The old ones broke, and it was time for new ones. I bought a set from AKG. The difference in quality to my old ones is remarkable. When I use them I can hear my music comfortably at street noise at a music volume of 7. With my old earplugs I needed volume 20. Sound is much clearer too, and I won't get deaf all that early. My batteries will last considerably longer, too.

All in all, good investment.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    People are amazed when I tell them I'm using the earplugs that came with my iPod :)

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Thanks, Dfly, and yes indeed, martaug, moon over the ocean and not a pretty moon at that!

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Tea, how I need thee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.