1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Happily, Montresor. Pay for my flights over there, next time you go shopping, and I'll happily walk an inconspicuous 20 paces ahead of you, to draw the fire. However, knowing my luck, they'll completely skip over me and latch on to leech off the next poor sole.

Had some good talks with those sorts of people in the past. There's one local guy who is always out in the streets, saying how the world is going to end and we're all doomed unless we convert - he's a ball of laughs. Haven't quite worked out what it is he wants me to convert to yet, sometimes I'm not sure he knows himself. Greenpeace annoys me though. The number of times I've been attacked by them in the streets is amazing. The first few times it was interesting listening to their speeches (not that I ever have money to give), but they don't just stop at one or two times!

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Just spent three hours playing Civilisation IV instead of doing work. Meh, can't be helped :p

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Spent the day recovering from flu and with flat organisation (non-)issues :rolleyes: Bleh. I'm going to bed now.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Started out for a day trip about 3 hours from home, but after the first hour, met the person we were to pick up along the way and agreed to cancel out due to the bad weather. Ah well, Maybe next time...

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I got all my holiday homework done. And I'm up to date with schoolwork. Therefore I have emerged from the ever-present darkness of my room to babble.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

You're still on holiday? Or is that work you should have done months ago?

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:

Ragusa, what are "non-issues" ?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Homework. School. Two things I sure as hell do not miss.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again...late night TV movies suck. :nolike:

I can't wait 'till I get home so I can collapse on my bed for a 12 hour nap. :sleep: :rolling:

10. Ragusa

Media:
    Dragonfly,
    the flat organisation (non-)issues are all things I don't lose sleep over. I do lose sleep however, over a previously experienced potential for very real nuisances my soon-to-be-ex-flatlass can cause. When someone sais there is an issue you usually do have an issue, even if it is imaginary, fictious or merely remotely possible. You then will have to address it, or the issue will be brought home to you.

More here, here and here.

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Well, as awful as it was to hear about one of my lecturers being in an accident, it does however, give me 2 more weeks to do the presentation i havnt started yet, and was due for Wednesday...

12. Ofelix

Media:
    Anyone know any good books about Egyptian Deities from the middle kingdom period (or any period in general) ? It's for my history class, obviously. I tell y'all this class is great, I love history!

Big news from the Flix! I've sent my univercity candidatures for a baccalaureate in history. This Flix is happy. Just hope they'll accept me.

Also, I never know if "egyptian" and "deities" in my sentence requires capital letters, or any other word of the sort. Well do they?

13. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I have trouble understanding myself these days. I keep saying things like: "Damn us young people! No respect for us young people."

There's more of 'em? :mommy:

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    One Flix on the BoM statistically means there are 600,000 out there (1 Flix in roughly 10,000 members, with 6 billion people on the Earth).

Of course this doesn't take into account that half the Earth's population is female. Which means half the 600,000 Flixes would be Flixalinas.

But don't worry, I think Flixes are mostly harmless. ;)

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah, most of us are. However this was this incident once, bloody business, we had to banish him.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Ragusa - Thanks for the clarification. Was kind of an unusual term for me.

I am officially sick of winter now. I want to be able to run outside in bare feet to grab the mail and some herbs from the garden.

17. Ragusa

Media:
    Dragonfly,
    this is a moment of crisis, but don't forget that crisis bears in itself opportunity :holy: To walk through the snow on bare feet, and then go back into the house and put your feet into a warm tub, then out into the snow again, and so forth ought to work wonders for your health and blood circulation. You could easily combine this healthy exercise with fetching the mail. For optimum effect, try to get several letters a day, and fetch them individually.

Speak after me: :spin: Snow is my friend :spin: snow is good for me :spin:

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ragusa, is that an elaborate (and very cunning) way of getting Dragonfly to torture herself?

If so, and it works, I am impressed.

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It sure can do wonders for your blood circulation - unless you manage to halt the circulation permanently due to pneumonia, frostbite, or whatever. ;)

20. Ofelix

Media:
    I love rice! In fact tonight I'll be doing chicken and rice. Rice is good. That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.