1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quicksuicide.. ehr i mean quicksave.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by raptor, Feb 27, 2006.

1. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Baldurs Gate 1
    + Tales of the Swoard Coast
    + Tales Patch 5512
    + Baldur Dash Fixes + Text Fixes
    + Ease of Use (not installed: max hitpoint)
    + Field of the Dead

For some weird reason, i get weird hitpoint things happening in the game. When i quickload, or load a quicksave game the game messes up hitpoints completelly at random. Some times i have reloaded only to find the entire friendly arm in dead, when they where fully alive when i saved. I reloaded, and Khalid's usual 27 hp, was isntead set to -254 hp ?

In the start, Firebead spawned dead.

Just a bad install, or mod confilct ? Anyone have any idea, or should i just reinstall right away ?

---edit---

I couldn't figure this one out, so i reinstalled, and was very selective with what modules i installed in the above list (ease of use 1+3+8). It works now.

However, FOTD overrides teh ease of use stores and xo limit, and if i reaply the ease of use stores (to get higher missle stocks etc) it will also remove all the new things in the stores from FOTD right ?

These games can be so frustrating at times...

[ February 28, 2006, 01:57: Message edited by: raptor ]

2. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Good to see you got it fixed. I knew from reading about the first few lines that it sounded like a classic mod conflict.

3. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Out of curiosity, do you know exactly what went wrong ? wich modules crashed etc?

also, is there any way to get higher stacks with missles in the shops with FOTD installed ? I really dont want to ruin the shops from FOTD with the new armors and limited magic items etc, and if i overwrite the shop files with Ease of use again, it will mess up the balanced in FOTD rather heavilly. But i want my 100x arrows per time i click :)

4. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

I wouldn't know where to begin with regards to modules etc, but you can always bet when you have a ton of mods installed, and things start going really, really screwy, that you have a mod conflict on your hands. It's trial and error, I suppose.

I don't know anything about FOTD, so I can't help you on that one. :( I'm sure someone on here will know, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.