1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

questions to Jaheira lovers

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Wil, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

And I know there's a bunch!

1) In BG1, when you hire Jaheira and his pet, do you already have after-thoughts? Do you think there's already something between her and you?
    What of the camp? Did you spy under their tent?

2) Do you really think it flattering that the woman who picked Khalid choose you?

3) Don't you think her mourning was a quick job? Barely 2 days after his death, she shamelessly romance you. What woman is this?

4) Do you like her ears?

2. Tanthie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

:p Funny questions. Especially the last one. Do you have a problem or something with her ears? Damn, now I have to check her portrait again to see if there's something wrong with her ears. :) Nevertheless, IIRC they were ok. Can't really answer your other questions.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Not exactly a Jaheira lover, but I like her, and my guess is Chevalier and Beren will beat you up later :p

1) That's just wrong...

2) I like Khalid

3) She's probably used to people dying, being a fighter, but she is always sad for him, even after she falls in love with you. And most of the first dialogues are about khalid anyway.

4) Elf ears are always cool :thumb:

[ September 16, 2003, 20:22: Message edited by: 8people ]

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I like Jahiera as an NPC, but I don't like doing here romance. She's too confusing. She's all over. Anyway, I think she's hot in BG2, in BG1 she's fugly. Her ears are sweet. I hate it when people draw elves with these massive ears 3 feet long. It's just wrong.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Hey, Jaheira is a tough girl -- she doesn't waste time when it will serve no purpose. She just does what she has to do to get along in the world.

She's a lot prettier in BG2.

6. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I love her ears.....
    -
    -
    -
    -
    hanging from a string as a necklace!!

:evil:

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is based more on misunderstanding and not having examined Jaheira in depth, so I'm not actually angered by what are legitimate questions.

1) Not really. Before BG2, I actually didn't care a whole lot for Jaheira (confession! confession!). I think more than anything it was the constant "I don't like how this group is turning out, better leadership might help!" that put me off. While playing through BG1, I don't see any sparks between Jaheira and myself. It's still Khalid and Jaheira. The only hint that me and Jaheira will hook up is when the Harper, Entellis Fulsom, admonishes me to look after her. I see that as seeing further ahead than the rest of us. But once BG2 comes around, I'm hers for the plucking. The early philosophical discussions revealed to me that Jaheira's a person I can actually have a real conversation with. It was when she risked everything to stand up for me in the Harper Hold that I was swept off my feet so to speak. That sealed the "falling in love".

2) Do some searching around with keyword "Jaheira" and member number "3283", and you'll find out just how I feel about Jaheira, both for her inner and outer qualities. That a woman of Jaheira's quality eventually chooses me is beyond flattering.

3) The early discussions are more of a philosophical nature, casual discussions as the party wanders about. The early discussions manifest at best a subconscious attraction to the protagonist. And even then, it takes Khalid appearing to Jaheira with his blessing to trigger those subconscious feelings. If the dream didn't happen, chances are Jaheira would never have started. Even once she's consciously aware of her feelings, she struggles with the whole thing a great deal. As Chevalier has pointed out, she always keeps the memory of the affable, good-natured Khalid in the highest regard forever after.

4) Love those ears! Jcompton's flirt pack makes a brilliant and deft use of them.

@Shura, if you want Jaheira's ears on a necklace, you'll have to get through me first. :D :cool:

8. Shura Gems: 25/31

I'll just have to make do with Aerie's ears on a necklace, then.

:evil:

To be fair though, Jaheira has the longest and most complicated romance. That's for you RPers.

Me? I'll stick with Viconia. ;)

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I know, I know, this is :yot: to start with, but why is it that the only women you can romance in BG2 (without any mods) are elf women?
    Anyway, on to the questions...

1) Haven't played BG1...

2) I guess so, not having played BG1, I don't know much about Khalid except what Jaheira says in BG2 but I gather he was a pretty decent character.

3) "Love" is fickle, what can I say? On the other hand, can you say "rebound"?

4), Yeah, sure, though I'm more of an Aerie fan, Minsc and I will take all comers!

10. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No I think the romance starts quiet early on. When you (well, I, you don't) boot Jaheira in the first days, she can't believe it, she says there was something going on, things will never be the same, etc... I was shocked.
    Khalid was (and Jaheira is) alright, but easy to get panicky.
    It's not for nothing Bioware sliced him away.

11. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

I know they had to condense Jaheira's romance and make her mourning period short, but I just can't get past the fact that her husband isn't even cold yet. I really like Jaheira as an NPC and almost always keep her in the party, but not as a romance.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31

I'm sure with Sarevok's help, me and Viconia can plant Minsc, his winged *itch and any Avariel lovers in a cold, cold grave. :D

13. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I find Jaheira a quite interesting woman, always trying to prove something to herself. She struggles in too many problems that she has to depend on you and she feels strange about that. I think it's quite nice, how a character develops from the very begining to the end; the same happens with Aerie, who becomes more mature, or Viconia, who becomes less drow :p .

Wait a moment, she chose Khalid.. and now she's choosing me.. that must be because she wants a truly man next to her at last...

isn't it??? what are you all laughtin at??? :cry:

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Shura

No doubt you could, but I'd sure try to put up a hell of a fight!
    Maybe with Uncle Quayle helping us out we'd win?

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Nah, I just fancied her, like you fancy a pretty woman, and a witty one etc. But she was married and all that, so I wouldn't hit on her and well... there were no sparks. Personally I might have even been sort of into Imoen until I guessed she was a sister (before it was revealed by the authors :p ). And there was no falling in love later in BG2, things weren't developing that way. They were more natural. And well, remember that friendship is the base of all it.

Please consult my seconds.

Now I feel so grand and so full of myself, you have no idea how :rolleyes:

Seriously, she's, at least initially, in sort of a menthor role, so there is a respect factor etc

Depends on how fast the life goes. The romance starts as a friendship, if an 'extended' one. It's only called love in the letter she leaves prior to setting off for Harper hold. Things become clearly apparent only when she's come back. It's a psychologically realistic, if a bit morbid situation. The only moments when Jaheira admits to an exclusive relationship with charname is when whores get near, and well... the locket dialogue (technically this one would probably get through even in friendship). Of course, the friendship has that special touch from the very beginning, that's why it's sort of morbid. Jaheira realises Khalid is dead and she or charname could die every hour - and she knows fairly well that hypocrisy is non-sense. That's for moral reasoning. For emotions, the heart - she is having dilemmas in her conscience. As Beren said that I said ;) , she keeps memories of Khalid as a part of her soul forever. For quite obvious storyline reasons, and because friendship is the dominant part of this relationship (as I believe it always should be), those memories become de facto part of Jaheira and charname's relationship, even if Jaheira keeps some of them secret. Now, a charname of such a personality build as to romance Jaheira, would realise that those memories aren't at all destructive to their relationship and any jealousy is pointless - 1. Khalid is dead, 2. Jealousy in general is well... pointless, and they both realise the fact etc etc. As Beren pointed out, there's also the apparition of Khalid wanting you to take care of her. Now the ancient problem: whose will Jaheira be in Heavens? :p

Probably as much as she likes my teeth :p

[ September 23, 2003, 21:48: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.