1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions about the Skinner Murders

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Stefanina, May 28, 2002.

1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I didn't really see anything from search that answered mt question, hence the new topic.

So far, all I have is the conversation with Rose Bouquet about the scents. I went to talk to the tanner and got nowhere. Is there someone else I need to talk to to get this quest kick-started?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

There should be a begger near the archway about halfway down the map that you should talk to, and a merchant in the same small square as Rose.

3. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

When you say you talked to Rose about the scents, presumably that means she's already implicated the tanner. If so, after you went to the tanner, he probably sent you packing.

Shoot an arrow at him. Or whack him with a sword. Or punch him. That'll get the rest of the quest going, with no rep lost. (He runs down the stairs, and you have to follow him...SPOILER: Find Traps, muy importante..)

[This message has been edited by Gonzago (edited May 28, 2002).]

4. Mr. Fluffy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

There is also a little boy that you need to talk to. I forget his name, but he is a couple of screens left of the merchant and Rose. He will tell you that he thinks that Mrs. Cragmoon (sp?; complete guess on name, probably wrong). She is by the deserted house on the far left. After she denies it, go talk to the tanner. In my games, she only showed up certain times of the day (around mid-day IIRC).

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    It' not necessay to talk to the little boy, I think that talking to two people is enough to gather evidence. I talked to Rose and the beggar and everything went just fine.

6. Camlan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Is there some ability restriction in doing this quest? I tried to talk to the beggar but he would never tell me anything except "Come back when you're famous" or something like that (don't know the exact words in the English version). I had to whack the tanner to get the quest revealed.

[This message has been edited by Camlan (edited May 29, 2002).]

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Camlan - maybe you have to have over a certain reputation for him to talk to you? I don't know about you, but I've always had a reasonably high reputation when I do that quest - about 14 or 15 or so.

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Okay, it's done. Thanks for the tips. All I can say is Peeyew! :toofar:

9. Camlan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wildfire -

I checked my reputation and it is 11 -not very high- so I suppose it has to do with reputation. Thanks

10. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I didn't think the city guard bloke (can't recall his name) would go to investigate unless you'd gathered all the 3 pieces of evidence?

You can still do the rest, but no additional exp + gold from retrieving his body.

11. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The Investigator only needs 2 pieces of evidence, the scent and the piece of elephant hide from the beggar. If you get the 2 pieces of evidence, you can talk to the investigator....
    *****SPOILER*****
    If you get the investigator to investigate, he goes to the tanner's house and gets murdered. You can find his body on the second floor, in a cupboard next to the stairs that go down. Once you've scared the tanner away and killed the assasins and ghouls (on the 3rd floor), bring the investigator's body to the Council of Six building in the government district. Take the corpse to Chief Investigator Brega, you get xp and I think you get money too.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.