1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions about books

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Forashi, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Forashi Guest

I just visited the biggest bookstore available in my homecountry's capital city, and they said that the producion of "Elminster in Myth Drannor", "The Temptation of Elminster", and "Elminster in Hell" has been quit. Still, they seem to be available at Amazon? How's this possible?

Which brings me to another rather self-centered question which I'm sure Taluntain will swiftly answer to: When I do order books from Amazon, how do you folks here in sorcerers get to know about that? I'd really like to get that custom portrait/avatar while I'm at it.

And lastly, I'd really appreciate information and opinions about the Shandril's Saga from folks here. I've read too much LoTR, Drizzt and Dragonlance already, so a good fantasy book with a female as the protagonist would be welcome. I would prefer Forgotten Realms though.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Amazon is literally, Earth's biggest bookstore. Even if a book goes out of print, Amazon will still have it for a while since they have hundreds of copies in their warehouses. Anyway, whoever told you that those three Elminster books have been discontinued is either a liar or doesn't know what he's talking about. The Elminster series is one of the most profitable book series WoTC sells and is being reprinted every year.

As far as book ordering goes, it's all explained here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index.php

Basically all you need to do is click on the links to the books that are set up on SP, and buy via them. If you're buying stuff that's not on SP, just hit any of the three Amazon buttons (or any other banner) you see on that page and buy through them. Amazon.co.uk will be best for you since it's closest to you.

Shandril's saga was quite a good read IMHO. (For a FR novel anyway.) Download and read the sample chapters on SP...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. Forashi Guest

Yeah I used one of the Elminster books links to amazon.uk earlier to add all of the 5 books thereafter directly from amazon to the wishlist. So if I just order them now,it's considered as if I bought them through here? I mean, you *did* get an avatar/portait with this right? ;) I apologize for the dumb questions but I have to be sure, I want a unique look now that I have the chance for it.

As for the Shandril's Saga, I read the first 3 pages from the first book. After that decided that I'd rather get opinions from the more experienced and not waste the excitement on reading the beginning of the story before even getting the book.

Edit: Sighs... so much about that idea. I can't get the damn visa anywhere. Being 20 years old it's a bit hard to get a visa in Finland. Crud.. well I ordered them from a local bookstore.

[This message has been edited by Forashi (edited July 18, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.