1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Questions about Anomen and Fallen Paladins

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klimax, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Klimax Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2 questions:

1: I'm a fallen paladin, is there a way back?

2: My paladin was at level 8, I take Anomen with me fighter8/Cleric8. I reload, pass to level 9 and take Anomen and he's fighter8/cleric11. Is this normal? In this case, I regret to build my party with speed.

[ January 02, 2004, 19:57: Message edited by: Beren ]

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

1: AFAIK there isnt :(

2: NPCs levels are dependant on your own. I think they only have 3 different levels to start when you team up.

3. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

IIrc you can become a paladin again if you finish the paladin stronghold.

4. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

No once you become a fallen paladin or even ranger for that matter, you lose all benefits including stronghold. i.e you can't finish a stronghold you just lost. Ease-of-use mod will fix this iirc, however i'm not sure if it will affect save-games.

5. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

If I were you, start again and don't let your rep drop low. Or you could transfer the save game from the 'save' folder to the 'mpsave' folder' in the BG2 directory. Then when you load the Multiplayer game with your party, delete your main character and replace with a newly made Paladin with 12 rep. This may mess your game up if you have any romances active etc.

6. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A friend of mine was playing a fallen Ranger (carried over from BGI already fallen) and he was able to do the Ranger stronghold and got his Ranger abilities back.
    It didn't last long however since during the hell trials he became fallen again. :D
    This was with ToB installed so maybe this isn't possible without it. :confused:

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Answering Question 2 - Anomen is DUAL classed, not multied, he no longer levels in fighter.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    No 8people (damn..seems strange saying that, lol) your right.

On the same lines... this has probably been discussed before, but can you lose the ranger stronghold if your rep gets too high? :s

Because I did a game as a ranger, and for no apparent reason, I lost the stronghold and the mayor just said "sorry, your not welcome here" or something like that. I can't remember doing anything even remotely 'evil' or anything of that ilk.

Do you have to return every few days or something? Or was it just a bug? :s

9. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Annoyman is dual-class; I think Klimax's issue was that Anomen seemed to jump three cleric levels while his PC only went up one. Klimax was just right on a breakpoint for determining Anomen's level so it seemed like a large discrepancy.

IIRC fallen rangers can restore their status via the ranger stronghold, otherwise they're out of luck. If the cabin is lost or already completed when you fall then there's no way back. I don't know of any way to restore a fallen paladin, but then again I rarely play one so I can't say for sure.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Mordsmodre, that's strange.

You can't lose the Ranger Stronghold because of high reputation, but you can lose it if you fail to do the quests in a timely manner (ie, don't go Plane-Jumping right after Delon appears).

11. eug1404 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

IF you haven't already finished the paladin stronghold then finish those missions and you will ber restored, otherwise there is no way.

12. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If you bought those boys the swords, the ale, or both, you will lose the ranger stronghold as well.

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31

I wonder: just what do you people do to get lower reps, I thought the only way in BG2 was like mashing some innocent villagers (which isnt a very noble thing to do klimax-paladin person :nono:

14. eug1404 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Taking certain people into your party or becomming the slayer lower your reputation as well as some ways to finish certain quests.

15. Meatdog Gems: 15/31

But those ways aren't what a paladin should/would take. That's what BBR probably meant. If you do the quest in a manner worthy of a paladin you should get enough rep +x to cancel any rep -x from taking Viconia with you or from becoming the Slayer. So BBR has a good point asking that question.

16. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

There is no way back if you become a Fallen Paladin. As far as I know, it loses all special abilites and becomes a fighter (his class will be fallen paladin). Fallen paladins can advance even to Grand Master weapon proficiency.

17. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

It will be a worthy being a Fallen paladin and takes this... :) But I think that in [snip]
    /me sighs...
    Dreams... :)

[ToB content removed; go read the forum description.] -Tal

[ January 06, 2004, 22:46: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

18. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Good luck!

19. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I don't think [snip].

[Agreed. ToB content removed here as well.] -Tal

[ January 06, 2004, 22:47: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.