1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question 'bout reputation and romances

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Cantlos, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Cantlos Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ok, here's the deal:
    I intend to play through BGII and ToB with a NG ranger imported from BGI (some strange kit from the SP special, Sylvan mystic I believe...)
    I intend to take Vicky for the romance, and redeem her throughout ToB, this also goes for sarevok (Without a romance, of course). Here's my question: If Vicky is romancing me, will she leave my party if I reach rep 18+?
    Also, I have the Improved Jaheira romance mod. Does this destroy my Vicky romance (I've read something like that somewhere...)
    Also, to keep things interesting and still do-able, any recomendations about who else to include in my party (which so far is Me Vicky and Sarevok)

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Until she's redeemed, yes.

Not as far as I know.

Want to redeem Sarevok in ToB too, eh?
    A neutral party would be the best if you want to go good, but want the viccy romance. This way you only have to think about not getting too good in the beginning.

I've always liked Jan, and thought him capable of doing his job just fine. Yoshimo is excellent till you get Immy. With Jan, you can specialize him in trap setting, and pretty much plan his thieving points after what Immy'll have (approximately) when you get her. Other recommendations could be: Haer'Dalis or Cernd (though I hate these guys!).

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Should imagine only if you try and do both at the same time. The game normally doesn't allow more than one romance at a time with checks in several of the NPC scripts. Unless the Improved Jaheira alters this then I don't see any problem.

4. Cantlos Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Ok, Thanks a lot, guys.

I'll also evade Keldorn, since i heard he doesn't like Vicky much.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Your current party is Sylvan Mystic, Jaheira, Viconia & Sarevok? Remember to make him HalfElf, Viconia will not romance Elves. Also you need a mage and a thief, say Jan. For additional firepower take Kelsey.
    Viccy will leave you if your rep hits 19 in SoA. In ToB it won't mattr iirc.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Psst, where did you find improved Jaheira romance mod? Is it any good?

Anyway, you need to stay at rep of 17 or lower or else Viccy will leave in SoA only. Enter a house, and punch someone to uncouncisness, BUT this can make you ranger fallen I do not know! :p Be careful!

There is a mod which allows concurrent and multiple romances, without it I fear Jaheira and Viccy will eventually enter a cat-fight and you will have to make a decision!

PS:I finished both of their romances in SoA yesterday! Be careful, Viccy can be really bitchy! :D

Plus, do you have romance flirt packs mini-mod? It adds tons of interactions between romancable NPCs, like you can kiss, hug, rub, lick, :p and even bathe with them in a good enough inn if your romance is developed nicely. Additionaly you can shave Anomen's beard if you ever wish to! (it even changes his portrait for a week or so! :thumb: )

Ah, and be sure to get a romance accelerator, if you want things to be fast. Also get the patch!!!

Have fun!

7. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I think the Jaheira mod in question is a minor thing to fix the various cutscenes and quests on 100+ game day timers, which tend to have lots of bugs and glitches.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.