1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about importing game

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by GabrielNYC, Dec 13, 2002.

1. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] My cousin asked me a question which I didn't have an answer for. What is the benefit of porting over a BG1 game to BG2?

Gabriel

2. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

None - people do it to play characters through the whole series.

3. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] There is one or two. The best one being that you have the same amount of XP at the ebginning of BG2 as you finished BG, which is a bonus if you have went over the BG XP cap with TotSC as the starting characters in BG2 have the amount of XP equal to the BG cap. Also there's the added bonus of not needing to roll up another character :) .

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] i only have bg1 but was told that when you import to bg2 you lose all your items and your exp is dropped to level 8, no matter how high you got in bg1.

I'm probably wrong though. Really should get BG2 as its only £10 in the shops now.

5. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

And you also get to carry the Golden pantaloons through the entire game to forge some sort of object in the end of the series

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@ Intentioner of the Damned
    No, you will keep all experience, when you import your character. But all items (except Pantaloons) are lost, if you don't cheat a little. :evil:

7. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] are the pantaloons what you get off one of the noble guys in one of the inns??

What do you need them for? What do you make with them? Some ultralight majic armor or something? :roll:

8. Harkle Gems: 16/31

Yes, something very nice ;) But I don't spoil more.

9. Hassassin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Hey ! One thing - do not forget, that if you use in BG1 the Tomes of XXXX to improve some of your character stats, the stats will stay improved after import.

10. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yup, you can end up improving all stats by at least one point, and keep all xp, so if you played BG1 without an XP cap, it would be helpful.

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Actually, the XP in BG2 will star at 161,000 the cap from TotSC no matter how much you would have.

12. Turambar Gems: 13/31

Well I usually boost it to the level I was when comleting BG1. Don't think it's fair that my char should loose xp points....

13. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

And it's not fair to lose the items or gold either!

I can save the items by using the space bar trick, but only Shadow Keeper could restore to me my 200,000+ Gold. :money:

14. Turambar Gems: 13/31

Gold and items would ofcourse be taken from you and sold by Irenicus. So that I think is fair.

How do you get your items to transfer into BG2 by the way?

15. Harkle Gems: 16/31

****BIG SPOILER****

In the start of BG2, if you pause the game immediately when the black screen appears, (before Irenicus comes) you can drop all your cool BG1 items on the groung and keep them all. :evil:

[ December 17, 2002, 13:26: Message edited by: Harkle ]

16. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Damn, I was going to say that, Harkle! For the rest of you, I can confirm that, and it works!

17. Aces Gems: 19/31

Yep. That's the "space-bar trick" I mentioned.
    It pauses the game so you can strip yourself.

Also you get a +1 bonus to your HP total.
    At least I did. Must be a reward for defeating Sarevok huh?

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The Golden Pantaloons ofcourse

19. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Ah, if you press SPACE the screen could stay black, if so just press "H" to get the HUD back.

20. Aces Gems: 19/31

Never had a problem with that. It might be the timing. I press it right away. After you press the space bar the menu comes up. Select items and the items screen comes up.

Don't exit until you have removed all items!
    You don't get a second chance.
    Once you leave the game starts.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.