1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about experience point progress

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by nl255, Jan 26, 2004.

1. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I was wondering about how much experience a party of 6 can have at the following points, just before leaving for spellhold (after telling Aran that you are not ready just yet), before fighting irenicus in the elven city (i.e. before the point of no return at the end of SoA), just before finishing SoA in hell, and before the final battles of ToB. Assume that all possible characters join in chateu irenicus and the party of 6 is formed as soon as possible, before any questing. Also assume the first two floors of watcher's keep are finished before spellhold, and the third level is finished after returning from spellhold/underwater city/underdark. The rest of watchers keep is completed in ToB. Also assume that except for watcher's keep, all possible side quests have been completed when it is possible to do so. I would especially like to know if a sorcerer can reach level 14 in such a party before leaving for spellhold.

Finally, in BG 1, I would often go sirine hunting (resting until they interrupted the rest) for good experience, is there anything like that in SoA (ToB is installed)?

2. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The sirine hunting question, is soa a mind flayer respaws often in the mind flayer city in the vat room, however its only worth 9000 exp which is chump change by that point. In tob a fire giant respawns which u can kill in saradush if you have ranged weaponry and agressive script, thats actually fairly good exp and since it doesnt retaliate you can just leave and get pizza. Or clua console exp much more easily, up to you.

You can get to 1.5 million exp easily enough with a party of 6 before spell hold. You can easily max out (2.95 mil) before facing irenicus and even go further. Dont forget that watchers keep is always open to you. That includes the deck of many things, which is already like 500,000 exp for each char if you pull the right cards. So yeah, if you do SOA properly you should have some HLA's by the time you fight irenicus, and your gonna want to have improved altricity and time stop so yeah.

3. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I could never pickpocket the deck of many things, is that supposed to be possible or do you just have to kill him for it?

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Take it off his steaming corpse after you get the sword and wish scroll through the gambling method.

5. Xindell Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I gave up on even using the deck a LONG time ago. I just NEVER seem to pull any cards that are worth a damn! I kill him, take the deck, and stick it in my bag of holding to be forgotten. Oh well.

6. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In ToB, in the Cave of the drow you get to fight slaves, Derros if I remember correctly. They are worth 12000 xp each. They have only +1 weapons and if you have the tear from bhaal in SoA that gives you immunity to +1, you can see that can gather a lot of experience here. Only if the Berserkers go Berserk they might hit you from time to time, so do keep healing potions for this. At this time your wizards should have some killer spells so you can clean a lot of them by using killer spells from time to time. Move your +1 immune char in front ( works best if hes a fighter ) and keep the rest at a distance ( so they wont get attacked ). Start the killing spree, I usually take 1-2 Million points experience before I get tired of it. Dont go back until you are satisfied.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.