1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Question about ending/possible bug

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dwimmerlaik, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Dwimmerlaik Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi

I am trying to get TTO to merge with me by threatening him with the blade of immortal. I cant however get the dialogue options to do this. The blade is certainly with me and is identified (Also i have only 9 int and 10 wisdom so the other merge options cant be interfering).

Anyone have idea why this is so?

I believe I should get some dialogue path that is about Ravels ritual but i dont get one.

I have all the usual fix packs and patch 1.1 installed.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    From Dan Simpson's walkthrough:

If you have the Blade of the Immortal: ask why he sent Ignus out to kill you (or Vhailor). He'll say that you can't actually die, which brings up what HE is if he is your mortality and you are immortal. Tell him that he is still your mortality, and that you now have a weapon that can kill yourself. Show him the Blade of the Immortal. Threaten to use the blade on yourself and he'll be forced to merge with you again.

3. Dwimmerlaik Gems: 1/31

I think i did try that one too with no succes. So this option should allow me to threaten him even with low INT and WIS stats?

In this video http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGxBrg9WR2A he chooses the dialogue path about the ritual. I dont have that option but instead something about the division not being natural. After that it follows the same line as in the video but i cant show the blade and it returns back to the question list.

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I checked this with Infinity Explorer and INT/WIS shouldn't be a problem. I can't see what should be the issue.

Did you use the Bronze Sphere after speaking to the three incarnations? If so you can still get the best ending by using your name against the Transcendent One.

5. Dwimmerlaik Gems: 1/31

Doesnt using the bronze sphere require something like 21 wisdom?

I have seen all the endings before but never used the threaten with the blade option so i wanted to try if it was even possible. I can still get the bad ending by just using the blade.

Btw I have the DVD version of the game and heard that it has some serious bugs. Does anyone know if this is true and could this have something to do with the problem?

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, you threaten to kill yourself.

7. Dwimmerlaik Gems: 1/31

Sorry for being unclear. This is what i meant. I dont get the dialogue to threaten to kill myself.

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    IIRC, to use the Bronze Sphere you don't need any specific stats. You just need to ask the Practical Incarnation about it to learn what it is, and ask the Good Incarnation the right questions to learn that he is your original self.

Your problem could be due to a bug that fails to recognize that the Blade is in your inventory - but then you shouldn't be able to use it. :confused: Not that it would be the first bug found in the game......

Edit: Seems others have had the same problem but no solution is offered. :(

9. Dwimmerlaik Gems: 1/31

Thx for the replies anyway. Sure hope its not something that happens everytime with the dvd version.

Actually one thing i just remembered. I have windows 7 and the game is installed to program files (seems to cause some errors with older games) and windows was complaining when i installed the fix pack and unfinished business. This might have something to do with the bug.

Also do I have to do the full install (copy the files) when using fix pack and unfinished business?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.