1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Queens of Nehekara: #1 Yes there are female Tomb Kings!

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Aug 2, 2009.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes this is my fourth fantasy army, yes I still only have half a dozen models painted in total >_>

I decided to take a break from my Beastmen until they are redone as I don't want to be buying more that will either be resculpted (much needed) or removed from the book (Not my cuddly Shaggoth!)

So decided to poke another equally ancient army that requires revision but still has some pretty nifty models and gives a break from painting skin colours.

Bones ought to do that.

I was only interested in TKs after seeing an army painted in Basingstoke GW which was actually quite attractive, looking into army themes though, they tend to opt for dull bones then BRIGHT SHINY COLOURS! :D... Because nothing says ancient like vivid blue and red.

So on one side I'm refusing the happy shiny colour look, but on the other I don't want a drab army - so I'm going to focus on contrast rather than colouration. If that makes sense.

The bigger models and the characters will have brighter colouring as I intend to put detail onto gems and metals on them to make them look regal and stand out, on rank and file units will use tarnished metals, darker materials and faded leathers to avoid everything looking bleached. Tomb King and Prince skin will be brown shaded - mummified skin that has has a lot of heat exposure tends to tan browner than blacker, which is more a sign of humidity - so the liche priests will have more greying skin.

Also all my Kings have been given female names, army theme being more about lower powered characters grouping together with meagre resources for armies rather than resplendant kings with their hordes of loyal warriors, my characters are more likely to be the wives or third-children of Nehekaran nobles and royalty who were not sent to the priesthood (as all first borns) or given the family title as inheritance (as to the second born)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.