1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Quarantine

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Relic, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When Beta 3 started, I immediately began trying to log into Phlan. Of course, as has been the case so often recently, the server wasn't up. Not a problem, as I knew it would be up soon, so I create a new character, and log in elsewhere. Eventually, after gaining a little experience, I try to get into Phlan again.

It's up, and I get in, until the VISA starts messing with me. I do the cancel, so I can stay, and manage to drop the visa, which is immediately replaced by a Phlan visa, while the other one disapears completely. Unfortunately, I'm already on my way to quarantine, which is a nice little graveyard.

Is there any way that my character can be cleansed from quarantine, or do I need to be logged on at the same time? It is a good program, though, to send the users that way, no bugs, that I cuold see.

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] You need to log on to which ever server you have a Valid Visa for, which in this case may not be Phlan. You then have to get to Phlan by conventional portals.

Hint: Phlan connects to Arabel (Tilverton area), Earthspurs (mage guild, may need assistance of a mage to use portal) and Scardale (Docks)

When you do arrive, dont forget your housekey!

3. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok, the character's been on the run south from DaggerDale to Tilverton. It may take a while though, that's a pretty hefty distance to cross.

I'll look for that key when I get to Phlan.

4. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, I found a slightly different way to get to Arabel from Phlan ;) There's an empty house in the south west part of Kuto area (I think it was there). My character went into the house, looked around (c'mon, he's a curious gnome), and then started to leave. That's when I noticed that there were two transition areas: the normal one in the door frame, and a second one just below it on the floor. Out of curiousity's sake, I clicked the lower one, and ended up outside of Phlan on the road to Arabel.

Funny thing is, at first I didn't realise where that outdoor transition area went to and headed straight into it - only to get a portalling message ;) But, I'm just going along with it (rather than cancel the portal), roleplaying it. It's made a good story in the bars of Arabel so far :p

5. Erran Gems: 19/31

Hope Zorac's reading this! That 'other transition' is not a valid one. What happens when you click on an invalid AT is it sends you to the last one that anybody used, in this case the Arabel one. Hope you find your way back!

6. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Didn't think it was. If you want I can send him an email with the details on which house, etc. No worries though - I'm sure I'll find my way back to Phlan. My character's story certainly got a fair amount of interest in Arabel the other night though.

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] No need to specify the house, it's running the 'Ikea' script, named after the famous swedish furniture store. ;)

8. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Hmm, I thought I fixed those. However looking at my own version I see I missed one in one of the rooms. So Erran, just check the rooms under Triggers. It should be empty since I only use the door themselves for AT.

This also explains what happened to that other player a "long" time ago.

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yup, sorted, it was 'poor lodgings'. Should be no more probs now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.