1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Purple Dragon knight 2nd ED?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Maurolava, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

[​IMG] In 3.5 ED there is a prestige class called "Purple Dragon Knight". Does anyone know what are the stats, requirements, and description of it?

Also is there a 2nd ED. of this class, or anything similar to it and if there is can I also have there stats, requirements and description please?

Thank you in advance. :)

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

If nobody posts it before tomorrow night (probably about 9 PM CST), I can post 3.5 version. I just can't get to my books until then.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

3.5e Purple Dragon Knight
    Requirements:
    Alignment - LG, NG, LN ,or N
    BAB - +5
    Skils - Diplomacy 1 rank or Intimidate 1 rank, Ride 2 ranks, Listen 2 ranks, Spot 2 ranks
    Feats - Mounted Combat and Negotiator
    Special - Membership in the Purple Dragons

Class Skills - Climb, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge: local, Jump, Ride, Swim

Skill modifiers - 2+ Int per level

This is in The Complete Warrior handbook on page 70. I'm a bit tired to type out everything.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Hmm, based on kuemp's info, that looks like the kind of thing that would be setting-based in 2e. Further abilities might be able to point toward a kit, though.

[ December 19, 2006, 01:19: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Purple Dragons are the royal knights/army of Cormyr. Does that help?

6. Maurolava

First thank you Ilmater's Suffering, Kuemper and Fel.

@ kuemper:

Yes, it helps a lot, but I need one more thing, what are the requered stats, like STR, DEX, etc?

Btw, what is BAB?

@ Fel:

Similar information as keumper posted, like aligment, stats (STR, DEX, etc), skill or special abilities and do they bellow to an specific group like 3.5 are knights of Cormyr?

7. Felinoid

Blasted fast-typing peoples. :p ;) (I was typing up my original post before I saw kuemper's, and then when I saw it to edit, I hadn't seen these two either. Wake-up posting is rough on dial-up. :doh: ) So, Cormyr's in FR, right? I'm afraid I only have Dragonlance books. :bad: Good luck with your search, though!

8. Maurolava

@ Fel:

I does not have to be from FR, do the Dragonlance books have anything similar to it? If it helps what I'm looking for is a person or knight most likely to be or have a connection with the dragon.

I guess in a way the opposite to a Cavalier, instead of seeking to destroy Dragons, more on the line of seeking or having dragon helping on his/her quest.

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Base attack bonus. It's a bonus you get to your attack rolls, and is dependent on level. Very similar to 2E's THAC0

10. Felinoid

Ironically, dragons are in short supply most of the time in Dragonlance. Perhaps a Knight of Takhisis from those times, but my books are from much earlier (they're evil anyway). Though there is the Skyrider kit from the Pally handbook, I doubt any DM would allow a dragon mount; the kit's all bonuses without requirements or hindrances (unless you somehow manage to get the mount killed) already.
    Incidentally, Cavaliers have absolutely nothing to do with killing dragons. Or demons. They're just horse-riding warriors with bonuses to mounted combat and RP hindrances (along with surprisingly high stat requirements).

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

There are no required stats. The only requirements are what I listed above, so theoretically, you could be a druid/Purple Dragon Knight.

12. Maurolava

@ kuemper:

Thank you very much for the information

@Fel:

I'm sorry, that shows my ignorance about classes :o
    I was thinking like the paladin kit on BG2.

Anyway, thank you for your help as well. :)

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

If you are looking for pro or anti dragon classes, the 3 ed book the Draconomicon would provide you with ideas of a those types of classes. If might be kind of difficult to convert them into AD+D kits. I can't really help you on the 2 ed aspect, but I could provide the 3 ed info if you would like.

14. Maurolava

@ Ilmater's Suffering:

Yes, please. I would like info even if it is on 3ED. If you have a class Pro-Dragon that would be great, but any info is welcome. Thank you

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Most definitely I do.

I can get you the info on the Dragonrider prestige class and 2 other classes that deal with serving or worshiping dragons and at least two classes designed for the service of the Dragon gods Bahamut and Tiamat.

16. Maurolava

All that is great, you can skip the Dragon rider, because I'm no looking for that. But the other ones you have I'll take please.

I specially like the one with the service to either Bahamut or Tiamat. I know one is good and the other evil, so you can skip whichever one is the evil. I only need the Good one.

17. Felinoid

Hmm. So you're looking for dragon-reverence rather than dragon-riding?

18. Maurolava

@ Fel:

Yes, I don't want Dragon-riding. More like a Paladin that uses like Bahamut or Tiamat as diety for example, or a knight/warrior/fighter that learns the way of the dragons. So, if you have anything like that in 2ED that would be great!

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Dracolyte
    Only a few rare nondragons take up the worship of draconic gods. The dracolyte is the most dedicated of these rare individuals, a divine spellcaster who devotes his energy and support to the deities of dragonkind. As a dracolyte gains power and prestige, he receives abilities associated with the dragons themselves.
    Hit Dice: d8

Requirements
    Race: Any nondragon
    Feats: Dragonfriend, Toughness
    Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Diplomacy 4 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks
    Languages: Draconic
    Spellcasting: Able to cast 2nd level divine spells.

Class Skills
    Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion) and Spellcraft
    Skill points at each level: 2 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor proficiency: Gains no proficiencies

BAB is equal to Cleric, good Fort and Will saves, poor reflex saves. +1 to exisitng casting level every level.

Special:
    1st: Prestige domain
    3rd: Alertness as bonus feat
    5th: Foster dragon
    7th: Immunities
    9th: Keen senses
    10th: Summon dragon

Prestige domain (Ex): Good aligned dracolyte gain glory domain, evil dracolytes gain domination domain.

Foster Dragon: Dracolyte is entrusted with care of a wyrmling. Kind of dragon is up to DM, but should match alignment. The wyrmling dracolyte loyally, accompanying dracolyte on adventures (but cannot gain experience or new levels). If wyrmling dies, dracolyte cannot obtain new levels until recieving atonement spell from other dracolyte or cleric worshiping draconic deity.

Immunities (Ex): Dracolyte gains immunity to magic sleep and paralysis effects.

Keen Senses (Ex): Dracolyte gains darkvision out to 60 ft. and low-light vision.

Summon Dragon (Sp): Similar to summon monster spell, except dracolyte summons ADULT dragon of same kind as the wyrmling intrusted to his care. Summoned dragon remains 10 rounds and follows instructions of Dracolyte.

Platinum Knight
    The platinum knight protects good-aligned dragons from their natural enemies, the chromatic dragons, as well as any other who would pray on these noble creatures. Bahamut, Lord of Good Dragons, is his patron, while the minions of Tiamat are his mortal foes.
    Hit Dice: d8

Requirements
    Alignment: Any good
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Dragonfriend
    Skills: Diplomacy 4 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 4 ranks
    Languages: Draconic

Class Skills
    Concentration, Diplomacy, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Ride and Sense Motive
    Skill points per level: 2 + Int modifier

Weapon and armor proficiencies: Proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor and with shields.

BAB is equal to fighter, good fort and will saves, poor reflex saves. +1 to existing casting level every even level.

Special:
    1st: Smite evil dragon 1/day, immune to frightful presence
    3rd: Platinum scales +1
    4th: Smite evil dragon 2/day
    5th: Bahamut's grace
    7th: Platinum scales +2, smite evil dragon 3/day
    9th: Charisma increase
    10th: Smite evil dragon 4/day, true seeing

Smite evil dragon (Su): Adds charisma modifier to attack roll and 2 extra points of damage per level. Does not stack with paladin smite.

Immunity to frightful presence (Ex)

Platinum scales (Ex): a platinum knight's skin takes a slightly metallic sheen. Gains natural armor bonus.

Bahamut's grace (Su): Adds charisma modifier to all saving throws against attacks, special abilities and spells cast by evil dragons.

Charisma Bonus (Ex): Charisma increases by 2

True Seeing (Su): Ability equivalent to the true seeing spell and last for 1 hour. Platinum knight may use this ability one per day.

I can also give you the basics for the Dragonkith class if you desire someone who follows a specific mortal dragon or the Vassal of Bahamut if you want an exemplar of Lawful Good behavior focusing around dragons.

20. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Purple knights is a military order from Cormyr in Forgotten Realms. They have nothing to do with dragons at all save that Cormey's royal sign is a purple dragon, and the King Azoun 4th was called the Dragon at times. If you are interested in dragon based classes, this is not it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.