1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pucker up, Buttercup!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by LKD, Feb 5, 2009.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

OK, this is too funny not to share:

Link

I guess that prudishness and government control of behaviour is not merely an issue in Islamic states or the United States, for that matter. I laughed my butt off but there is a serious side to this one. When is a public kiss bad taste? When should the cops step in? Most Western democracies have public lewdness laws, and most schools that I've been to try to keep a lid on the overly erotic PDAs by horny teens.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

What the deuce?

I never really understood why people freak out about PDA... what is wrong with showing affection? I mean, I feel that most sexual things are private matters and should be kept that way, but I don't see anything wrong with hugging or kissing - most of it is not sexual anyways.

For example, in middle school and highschool, you couldn't sit on people of the opposite gender's laps, they tried to keep hugging down, and god forbid someone kiss someone else, even on the cheek. I wasn't doing anything out of a horny whim, it was just the kind of person I was (/am)... I show affection.

I guess the censorship of affection is just something I don't understand... can anyone explain it to me?

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That's probably true in all high schools. I got in trouble once, when the assistant principal saw me kissing my gf one day - whatever though.

Still, this is really odd to us, but evidently part of the culture in India. I mean, not only weren't these people kids - they were married! And still no kissing!

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    It all depends on the culture. In some cultures a kiss may be a very erotic thing, while in others it is perfectly innocent. Imagine, for example, a culture where lingerie had never occurred and feminine undergarments were boring at best. Imagine some actress wearing scandalous western lingerie over her regular clothes in a movie (as some bizzare statement). Western viewers may see it as very sexually suggestive, because we view the lingerie as something associated with sex, when the native viewers see it as just some odd colored cloth being worn on top other clothing. A new fasion, perhaps? Sexuality is highly subjective, and it's always a good idea to be familiar with the values of another culture before you immerse yourself in it.

5. countduckula Banned

Media:
    They had a 'two brick rule' at our high school, meaning we need to stay two bricks apart from the opposite gender at all times. Except when they crammed all of us into a tiny assembly area.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.