1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Proof that Bacon is Health Food!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Montresor, May 9, 2013.

1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Well... I wouldn't call that proof.

Although your title could be sarcasm. Hard to tell. :p

Still, bacon rules!

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Well, I admit I wasn't 100% serious there. :)

4. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

This might be too serious for this thread . . .

I'm firmly convinced that there actually are no healthy or unhealthy foods . . . except perhaps overly processed/chemical foods as being unhealthy. I mean, every study tends to end up contradicting the one before, so it's only a matter of time before we find out that everything we think is healthy is really unhealthy again. I think it depends on your individual health and specific needs rather than a broad generalization. For instance, fast-acting simple sugars are normally considered to be some of the worst on the "unhealthy" scale, but to diabetics having a reaction, they're the best thing they can have.

That said, I think one of the secrets to my great tasting meat pies is that I start with bacon.

Arkite and Gaear like this.
  5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Bacon is a food group. So is Ice Cream.

Someone gave me a bar of chocolate with bacon mixed into it. It was absolutely delicious.

That said, I have never tried bacon ice cream, as I am not sure mixing those food groups makes sense.

6. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

everything in moderation, including moderation :D

Vorona likes this.
  7. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Almost agree with ya, Vorona. Processing, and particularly the adding of high fructose corn syrup, excessive or imbalanced salt (i.e. without the balance of minerals in e.g. sea-salt), or excessive fats and oils are all known to contribute to the health nasties: diabetes, high blood pressure, liver damage, etc., etc. Also avoid any fast-food places: they preserve or clean their "meat" with horrendous things like ammonia.

So, whilst I love my bacon, it's a once a week treat, since it only ever comes loaded with salt!

Just realised I probably made the thread ten times more serious than even Vorona managed. My bad, bacon pancakes with maple syrup and ice cream, all round!

8. Gafonator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Don't know about this, but some (but mind you, it's really only SOME) of the most heartily folk drink too much and smoke gazzillions of ciggarettes. I did a little research and I found out that the psychic has as much impact on your health as doing excercise or eating healthy. So those weird cases who should be long dead by overdosing and are actually more lively and more ok then other striving healthy living people means, that they are just happy with their lives. I mean like really really happy and don't minding things, not keeping grudges, doing everything with a cheer and so on...

Well this is not me telling you "BE HAPPY OR YOU DIE" or something... Just a thing to think about. Then there is also empiricaly proved value of faith, because it can be VERY strong motivational phenomena. Strong again as eating healthy or living happy life or doing healthy things in general. Maybe this lady has like both or more. Faith in bacon (however too strange that may seem to all of us ordinarily strange folks) and healthy approach to life. But it probably wouldn't work for any other man except those who ARE like her :D

The life is really strange and can have many paradoxex.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.