1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems with Game not Completing Cut Scenes

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by mMike01, Sep 22, 2013.

1. mMike01 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, after about 10+ years I decided to play this again with some mods. I currently have SCS2, Unfinished Business, Ascencion an some of the fixpacks.

I played my first game with a team, did BG2 and TOB with no game issues.

After I finished I started a solo game. Everything is good up until I left the underdark. First problem I encountered was when Kruin wants the silver sword back. Everything went normal, the battle started and I cast stoneskin, the coweled wizards showed up and I died. I reloaded the game to do it again, but this time, after Kruin speaks, what seems to happen is the GUI is gone like they rest of the Githyanki are going to phase in, me and Kruin are just left there. The game isn't technically frozen as me and Kruin are doing our the movements a character does when he is just standing idle. Nothing happens, the next part will not work and I have to end BG2 via task manager.

No big deal as giving him the blade works. Now I am in hell fighting Jon. I beat all the orbs and saved Jon for last. I beat him, but the next part of the hell battle doesn't start. I can just roam around hell.

Anyone have any suggestions for answers to troubleshoot this?

Something else I noticed this time around as well, is quite a bit of lag in the beholder layer in the underdark. Wasnt' there during my first run.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Me too. :) I've given myself some time to play games again and where else to roam around than SP. The finest hive of champs and villany in the galaxy.

One problem I've read about is SCSII giving weird bugs in the Irenicus fight when different modding scripts conflict.
    Perhaps try to disable SCSII for the fight and use Irenicus tactics mod?
    He is still a worthy fight for a rusty adventurerer with that mod.

I am still working my way through mods slowly, so someone wiser than me will probably show up.
    Beeing isolated on Dagobah for 10 years really throws a curveball.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    Taluntain likes this.
  3. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

That's a very odd bug. Which version of SCSII do you have? And by the way, are you playing this with ToB expansion installed?

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Whoa - a Nobleman return after a five year absence. Hola!

5. mMike01 Gems: 1/31

I think I have V21 for SCS2.

I tried a few more times and It worked. I was able to face slayer jon. He was beating my arse, so I decided to do the first part again hoping to be in better shape, and the same problem that I described originally happened again. The only thing that stands out is that each time the game wouldn't carry on to part 2, I had elemental summoning active.

I'm going to try again w/o a elemental summons, then again w/ it to see if this actually has something to do with the problem.

Kruin, there was nothing I could do to get that to work. I tried earlier reloads, met him in different maps, etc. After the first time where it did work, but I died, it would never initiate the battle again.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Regarding Kruin, I had the same problem in the GOG version of BG2. There is a solution here. Basically you need to change some text in the kruin.dlg file:

Code:
    StartCutSceneMode()
    CreateCreatureOffscreen("gith02",0)
    CreateCreatureOffscreen("gith02",0)
    CreateCreatureOffscreen("gith03",0)
    CreateCreatureOffscreen("gith04",0)
    CreateCreatureOffscreen("gith04",0)
    CreateCreatureOffscreen("gith05",0)
    CreateCreatureOffscreen("gith06",0)
    Enemy()
    EndCutSceneMode()
    should be

Code:
    StartCutSceneMode()
    CreateCreatureObject("gith02",Myself,0,0,0)
    CreateCreatureObject("gith02",Myself,0,0,0)
    CreateCreatureObject("gith03",Myself,0,0,0)
    CreateCreatureObject("gith04",Myself,0,0,0)
    CreateCreatureObject("gith04",Myself,0,0,0)
    CreateCreatureObject("gith05",Myself,0,0,0)
    CreateCreatureObject("gith06",Myself,0,0,0)
    Enemy()
    EndCutSceneMode()
    (Actually now that I see it, I suspect it is related to there being two lines with "gith04" - remove one of them and it might work. But I haven't tried that myself. I'll have to check that next time I return from the Underdark.)

7. mMike01 Gems: 1/31

Thanks Montresor. I do have the GoG version. Strangely this didn't happen the first time I played with a full party (this is my second go at it solo this time). I do remember reloading a few times against Kruins party my first time around and I had no problems.

If I play again and run into the same problem, i will try this fix.

I did some testing with Jon Irenicus by ctrl-y ing everyone. I tried with different summons out, and the 4 times with slightly different things, it all went to slayer jon.

Doesn't seem to be any obvious reason, but the second part has not triggered 3 times on me. It does work and I have an auto-save right before slayer jon (even though I haven't come up w/ a good strat to beat him solo yet, he's a friggen beast w/o a team).

Thanks for help.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    There are two gith02 as well, as long as they're not unique creatures - such as two named creatures spawning with dialogue etc then it's not a problem that it's the same source creature being spawned - As many encounters of say, multiple wolves or goblins use the same creature file for each creature both in that encounter and others. There's no point creating multiple files if you just want the same abilities/weapons on a set of creatures.

9. mMike01 Gems: 1/31

Sorry to bring up my thread again, but I've run into the same problem I stated when I started the thread the first time.

It's at a different part of the game. It's after I came back with the rope from Amerthakan to Abzagails lair. You are greeted with the 2 black dragons, after they are done 2 more are supposed to phase in. This time around, carnifex and the other one will not spawn just like I described with Kruin.

I've tried this many times and many different ways, but the game just sort of stops, not technically as I see my character moving in his standing animation, the music is playing, but the GUI is gone and I can't move.

Like I said earlier, I played it once straight through with no problems at all these parts, I reloaded as well, what could be wrong with this 2nd playthrough?

Any Ideas or suggestions? I'm just worried I'm going to get to Melissan and I won't be able to finish the final battles if it gets stuck in some part.

Thanks in advance

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.