1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems with 1.4 version

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by VoD, Jul 22, 2010.

1. VoD Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Scenario:

- I installed the game, then installed 1.3 and 1.4 patches, OS is Win XP
    - the game wouldn't start so I had to disable hardware acceleration

Now there are several problems:

1) certain animations like a flaming object or certain spell effects like stinking cloud make the game stutter it's hardly playable, is there a way to fix that?
    2) when a character is unconscious and loses 1 hp every round I can't seem to heal him, healing spells etc have no effect...
    3) and now the worst: my Sorcerer (lvl1 Monk/lvl3 Sorcerer) just leveled up to lvl4 Sorc, an interface popped up where I could choose a lvl2 spell, but afterwards even after resting I had no option to cast a lvl2 spell, only the level 1 spells and cantrips were there. He's not level drained and has a CHA of 16, 18 with equipment. WTF is that?

2. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I would normally say to rest, but you covered that.

3. uglijimus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

1. Sorry can't help there. I'm using windows 7 and haven't experienced any such graphic glitches...yet.
    2. As far as I know you don't use healing spells. Stand over the fallen character with a different character who has some points in the heal skill. Select the standing character, press S(I think? for skills) select heal and then target the fallen character and depending on the roll you may/may not heal that character.
    3. I have noticed similar glitches with stats for me as well. All I can suggest is to save often and re-load. Or..download one of those editors you see here at Sorcerer's Place and go in and change the stats, spells, etc of your characters if you feel there's something wrong.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.